Our Five Euro Finals Attendees

The Director

Speaking to my old man this morning and wondering if any bears on here are old enough to have attended all five of our euro finals? (At least 1 leg of the 61 v Fiorentina). Would be an incredible thing to shout about!

That we would be a monumental achievement.
I knew someone who was at the 1967 game and of course 1972.
My record is….
1961. I was -3.
1967. I was coming up for m third birthday.
1972. I vaguely remember this a a very young almost 8 year old.
2008. Went down Manchester with my eldest son, nephew and cousin (sadly no longer with us). Watched it in one of the fanzones. The better one I hasten to add.
2022. At the fanzone with my 2 sons this time and a load of mates.
To be continued…..

Speaking to my old man this morning and wondering if any bears on here are old enough to have attended all five of our euro finals? (At least 1 leg of the 61 v Fiorentina). Would be an incredible thing to shout about!

At our Jubilee Street Party on Sunday, I found out that one of my neighbours has done them all, although just the home leg v Fiorentina.

He was also in Munich in 1972, for the Semi Final 1st leg.

He was born in 1950.

My record is….
1961. I was -3.
2008. Went down Manchester with my eldest son, nephew and cousin (sadly no longer with us). Watched it in one of the fanzones. The better one I hasten to add.
To be continued…..
That’s a wordy way of saying “Zero” :))

I've been to the two I've been alive for but massive respect to anyone who has been to all 5.

My dad was at 1961 Fiorentina home leg, Barcelona 1972, we were both at Manchester 2008 and we were both at the game in Seville 2022. He’s 75.

I know old Andy Bain from Dennistoun was at all 4 up to and including Manchester 2008 but sadly passed away a few years ago, old gentleman.

I’ve attended both finals that I’ve been alive for, which is obviously the last two.

Can’t help but feel there will never be another one:(

I’ve a 100% record for finals I’ve been alive for… hopefully I’ll get to make it 3rd time lucky.

I’ve attended both finals that I’ve been alive for, which is obviously the last two.

I think there will be. In the relatively near future. As long as we continue to progress financially.

My dad was at the games in Barcelona, Manchester and Seville.

Some achievement if there is anyone that had made the 5!

Nah I'm not having that mate. The conference league being created has opened another door for us, thats the way I'm looking at it.

It should never had dropped to only 2 trophies for so long, I don't know why they did it but its done now and I have the belief I'll see us in another couple of finals at some point.

I’ve been to one with Rangers (Seville) and one with Chelsea (Munich)

I ended up at the velodrome watching the game in Manchester, didn’t have a ST at that time because of work so didn’t deserve a ticket.

Of course we will. Remember we all thought we wouldn't see Rangers play again around 10 years ago, and here we are fresh off a European final.

Whilst I don't know about a final in the immediate future, this current squad have got another long European run in them and I won't be surprised to see us make another Quarter or semi final within the next few seasons.

Last edited:
I have managed three and been lucky enough to get tickets. Two with my eldest son. Barcelona, Manchester and sevilla.

Relation of my grampas that sits with us at Ibrox had been to them all up to 08 and got a ticket for Seville but he’s not keeping too well so not sure if he made it.

My record is….
1961. I was -3.
To be continued…..
So you’ve been to none?

My dad has been mentioned on the thread as someone that had attended the 4 finals before Seville. I remember him telling me about Florence. He flew down to London first then a connect to flight to Italy. A bus picked them up to take them to a hotel on the outskirts of Florence. They spent 3 or 4 day's there before the match. On the day of the game they traveled in to Florence but the kick-off wasn't until 10 or half 10 that night. After the match ended they then went back to the hotel and were there for a couple of days. Then flew back to London and then back to Glasgow . And the whole trip cost 38 quid.

Archie McWoooopherson maybe, not sure about Seville right enough but he’s probably been to every scottish clubs finals since the dinosaurs

Was at the game at Ibrox 9years, old 1967 semifinals at Ibrox and 1972 v bayern,was at 1960 semifinal v frankfurt and at the final,very young two silly things stick in my mind Frankfurt had a guy called Stinka who I'm sure scored against us or Real,and slavia Sofia 67 all the players names ended in ov silly I know

Last edited:
Back