Our game in hand

Whosthedado9

I thought our game in hand was at home to Ross County on 29/01, but I have checked the fixtures and Celtic have st Johnstone away on the same night, have I missed something or am I being silly ? I can’t see us playing without them before the split ?

We had a pointless 3 week break with the mildest of winter weather but we couldn't fit it in, no doubt in the name of "sporting integrity" or such like. The whole Scottish football set-up is a joke.

Both us and Celtic had league games postponed for the league cup semi and final.

They had one rearranged midweek before Christmas and we couldnt because we played hibs on the Friday.
So if they have played there’s then why are they playing the same night as us ?

We both had 2 games in hand over the rest of the league. That's their second one while we play our first.
They have played one of their two postponed games, the 2nd is the same night as ours. That will be our first, with the other one still to be rearranged.
Makes sense and I would have realised that if I had looked at the rest of the league table! Thanks gents

Reactions: TBM
Potential for league fixture pileup if we progress then:confused:

Depends on other issues

If they try and shaft us like 2008 it will be interesting how they’ll try and spin it as there will be no end of season tours as euro 2020 will stop that pish

This game in hand could be the one to win us the league and hopefully we are top before we even play it

If the point of the winter shutdown is to give the players a break midseason, then surely you'd actually be better just playing 1 game a week for 3 weeks rather than 2.

We've played 2 games a week virtually all season, and are going to continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

Quite simply, if we progress in Europe, there is virtually no space to play any more games.

It makes the decision to move the Hibs game to the Friday night for TV even more laughable too

So basically BT moving our game with HIVs to the Friday, meaning we didn't get both a midweek and a weekend game that week, could seriously %^*& us over.

That's great.

It’s going to be a pile up, especially when we (hopefully) progress in Europe, cup replays etc... I would rather have gotten this out the way last weekend got these points on the board and looking down on the rest of the league.

They still see themselves as champions in waiting. They don't seem that great to me. The Jungle Jims seem to belive they'll 'scud' us at Ibrox and that will put them 4 points in front (no games in hand played) and that 4 pt lead will send us into a nervous downward slump in form. It's the same deluded thinking that led Lennon to proclaim they'd have an 8 point lead at New Year. They are deluded.

Whenever the game gets played it would be superb to be going into it already top and it becomes a chance to accelerate away from them

They still see themselves as champions in waiting. They don't seem that great to me. The Jungle Jims seem to belive they'll 'scud' us at Ibrox and that will put them 4 points in front (no games in hand played) and that 4 pt lead will send us into a nervous downward slump in form. It's the same deluded thinking that led Lennon to proclaim they'd have an 8 point lead at New Year. They are deluded.

Equally we're just as confident we can scud them at Ibrox, and then after the game in hand we'd be the ones 4 points clear.

There's a long way to go, a lot of points to play for and the next old firm game will be huge.

It will be the same again and have to play about 4 games in a week if we get through to the next round. No way we will get any favours

Equally we're just as confident we can scud them at Ibrox, and then after the game in hand we'd be the ones 4 points clear.

There's a long way to go, a lot of points to play for and the next old firm game will be huge.
As it's St Jonstone and Ross County I expect us to get those points.They have some notion that we won't because they are ahead on points. I think they are wrong.

As it's St Jonstone and Ross County I expect us to get those points.They have some notion that we won't because they are ahead on points. I think they are wrong.

Oh I completely agree, I'm just pointing out both sides are adamant they'll win. It's great we're in this position after where we've been, and I'm hoping the difference is Gerrard won't let our boys lose focus or get carried away like Celtic and their fans are doing.

The fact that we are struggling to get this scheduled means that there shouldn’t be a snowballs chance in hell of the SFA’s request to cancel a whole week of fixymtures before the Israel game being accepted.

The quicker it is played the better to get ahead. But no point in forcing the game into the schedule and possibly creating injury or fatigue.

I thought our game in hand was at home to Ross County on 29/01, but I have checked the fixtures and Celtic have st Johnstone away on the same night, have I missed something or am I being silly ? I can’t see us playing without them before the split ?
Damn I thought we could go top that night as it was our game in hand

The relevant parties will be working in the background to make sure we have a fixture backlog and to make the run towards #55 as hard as possible. Ar$eholes

If they try and shaft us like 2008 it will be interesting how they’ll try and spin it as there will be no end of season tours as euro 2020 will stop that pish

Aye but they have a tour of Japan to fulfil that has to happen sometime

Back