our head of medical has quit 10 months in - Family reasons

rfc4ever

Matt Konopinski has quit his role as Rangers Head of Medical just 10 months after being hired by the Glasgow giants, according to Training Ground Guru.
The football website reports that Konopiski has left Ibrox due to family reasons as working away from his Liverpool-based family has proven difficult.

logo

Rangers hired Konopinski in January after he previously held a role with the English FA, where he worked with England’s Under-18s, Under-19s and Under-21s teams.
Prior to working with the FA, Konopinski worked at Liverpool as a first-team physio and head of physiotherapy. During that nine-year spell at Anfield, he worked alongside Rangers manager and Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard.
Unfortunately, Konopinski has failed to adapt to life in Glasgow, which is fair enough and we wish him the very best for the next step in his career – which for him is hopefully closer to Merseyside.

Rangers have had their fair share of injury issues in the opening weeks of the current season so losing a man at this stage is likely to add some extra strain to the club’s medical staff.
Joe Aribo returned to action for the Gers at the weekend after a couple of months on the sidelines but Kemar Roofe and Nikola Katic are among those who are still out.
There are bound to be more players suffering injuries over the coming weeks as we’ve just had a hectic international break where some teams played three times, an Old Firm against Celtic and the start of the Europa League group stages.
Gerrard has a big squad at his disposal but he wants all of his players available for as many games as possible.

Last edited:
Wish I knew how to do that, been responsible for a few thread title horrors.
If you’ve started the thread/created and posted the OP then go back to the OP, and on the top right there are 3 dots and a down arrow (next to the word Watch). Click on it, select Edit Thread and you get the option to edit the thread title. You use the same route to add a poll.

On my phone there is a bit to the right of ‘watch’ that is a drop down menu that allows you to edit your thread as I’ve just only now figured out.

Haha, was about to Google it myself until I read the post :)
Whoops, replied to wrong post ....

Because our injury record and recovery rate has been horrendous since the start of the season , to win the league we need to keep key players fit.

So you have specific details of each individual injury and the expected recovery times?
Also, you do realize that there is no specific science to injuries and recovery periods.
What expertise do you have in this area that qualifies you to question the professionals that Rangers have appointed? I expect none whatsoever, but you're on every thread coming out with this nonsense. Footballers get injured. Our players are professional and as fit as anyone we come up against, moreso in most cases. Think you should give it a rest.

So you have specific details of each individual injury and the expected recovery times?
Also, you do realize that there is no specific science to injuries and recovery periods.
What expertise do you have in this area that qualifies you to question the professionals that Rangers have appointed? I expect none whatsoever, but you're on every thread coming out with this nonsense. Footballers get injured. Our players are professional and as fit as anyone we come up against, moreso in most cases. Think you should give it a rest.
Genuine concern that if our injury record continues pro rata all season it could eventually cost us in the long run.
Don‘t need expertise to be concerned.

Not mocking if there are genuine family reasons then I hope he does too.

But article states “failed to adapt to life in Glasgow” which could cover anything.
The ‘real’ article in Training Ground Guru (on which the OP is based) makes no mention of ‘failing to adapt’, just that he stepped down ‘for family reasons’. The stuff about adapting has been added by Ibrox News.

The ‘real’ article in Training Ground Guru (on which the OP is based) makes no mention of ‘failing to adapt’, just that he stepped down ‘for family reasons’. The stuff about adapting has been added by Ibrox News.
Working away from his family amounts to the same thing.
As I have already said if genuine then I hope he sorts it out.
My concern about our injuries however remains.

Genuine concern that if our injury record continues pro rata all season it could eventually cost us in the long run.
Injuries dont happen "pro rata".

If you have insight as to how the club can stop injuries or improve recovery times I'm sure they'll be keen to hear from you.

You do need expertise to question the professionalism and competence of our medical staff.
You're questioning them and insinuating that they are at fault. It's unfounded bs unless you have some knowledge that we don't?

Working away from his family amounts to the same thing.
As I have already said if genuine then I hope he sorts it out.
My concern about our injuries however remains.
You have literally just said you were concerned about the use of ‘failing to adapt’ and that it ‘could mean anything’. As I’ve pointed out, the notoriously bad Ibrox Noise have added the phrase that seems to concern you. The source of the article makes no reference to it.

You do need expertise to question the professionalism and competence of our medical staff.
You're questioning them and insinuating that they are at fault. It's unfounded bs unless you have some knowledge that we don't?
#10 I asked a question , that’s the one with the question mark at the end.
No insinuation made but i do have concerns that already this season we have had a full team out injured at various stages.

#10 I asked a question , that’s the one with the question mark at the end.
No insinuation made but i do have concerns that already this season we have had a full team out injured at various stages.

That's a rhetorical question, or at the least you're castigating doubts on his abilities.
Can you advise what info and medical qualifications you have acquired in order to question this?
And we've hardly had a full team out ffs.

That's a rhetorical question, or at the least you're castigating doubts on his abilities.
Can you advise what info and medical qualifications you have acquired in order to question this?
And we've hardly had a full team out ffs.
McGregor , Balogun , Aribo , Roofe , Itten , Barker , Jack , Barisic , Helander all missed games at various stages already.
And I have already stated , no medical experience just concern but in your haste “to lead the pack “ you seem to have glossed over this.

McGregor , Balogun , Aribo , Roofe , Itten , Barker , Jack , Barisic , Helander all missed games at various stages already.
And I have already stated , no medical experience just concern but in your haste “to lead the pack “ you seem to have glossed over this.

You're changing the narrative.
You clearly implied that he may be leaving because he's doing a poor job, when you have no idea if that's the case. Maybe we've just been a wee bit unlucky, and the guy's been working miracles to get players back for SG earlier than expected. Probably more likely than what you were insinuating.

You're changing the narrative.
You clearly implied that he may be leaving because he's doing a poor job, when you have no idea if that's the case. Maybe we've just been a wee bit unlucky, and the guy's been working miracles to get players back for SG earlier than expected. Probably more likely than what you were insinuating.
Since you are big in expertise , what expertise do you have to know what I was implying or insinuating?

Back