our injured players

I think the communication from the club is really poor on this, we have literally no idea what is happening with the 3 players mentioned, even with Hagi, we still don’t have a definitive timeframe for him returning, depending on what you read, it’s after the World Cup, when after the World Cup? 1 month, 2 months, 6 months?

If only there was some sort of way of determining if a player was going to be an injury risk before he was signed? I don’t know, some sort of medical history and a way of determining how many games they have been fit for each season :rolleyes:

The Souttar deal in particular was the biggest red flag ever.

It’s worked out exactly as 99% of fans predicted. when he comes back he will be out again for weeks and so the cycle will continue

Thats before you get to the fact that hes never in a million years good enough to play for us.

The consensus is that your not allowed to say that on here but fck it.

Ive aboslutely no idea why Wilson is still in a job hes costing us millions and millions of pounds

He was really bad when he was playing if we’re honest.

Helander’s the best defender at the club, just a shame he’s made of glass. Most of it is just more great work by Wilson.

Helander has been incredibly injury prone since we signed him but looking at his career prior to us he had relatively few injuries.

Ross Wilson might not be suitable a director of football but he can't be held responsible lacking psychic powers.

Of course no such powers would've been required to see how Souttars move might pan out.

Souttars seriously on 15k per week?

Aye FBBlue doesn't know why they are injured but is privvy to their financial information...

They are likely decent guesses but none of us know that info for sure.

What their injuries are is irrelevant. They aren't fit to play and that's it really.

Helander has been incredibly injury prone since we signed him but looking at his career prior to us he had relatively few injuries.

Ross Wilson might not be suitable a director of football but he can't be held responsible lacking psychic powers.

Of course no such powers would've been required to see how Souttars move might pan out.

He didn't play loads before we signed him either.

Gerrard mentioned in an interview that he needed his game time managed. Clearly some underlying problem.

Another guy on here said he was told by an osteopath that checked him over that he was basically done as a pro footballer.

Don’t comment then, it’s not that hard, and did pre season start In July? It started June 27th and it’s now the 28 of September so 3 months and a week.

So not two months at all is it?
It’s also not that hard to not start threads on things you know no one is any the wiser than the last thread had about you. Practise what you preach

Can anyone tell me what the injuries sustained by Roofe, Helander or Souttar are?

Roofe, was injured the second day of pre-season and not a word since, that's close to 4 months with an injury?? 20k a week

Helander, injured pre-season, not a word since 4 months 25K a week

Souttar, not seen apart from a couple of 20 minute cameos. 15K a week.

That's 60k a week on three players who let's face it we all know will never put a sustained run of games together for the club again.

However I am keen to know the actual injuries they have sustained, 4 months out injured is a significant period of time.
It's a fair enough question but how do you know what our players salaries are?

He didn't play loads before we signed him either.

Gerrard mentioned in an interview that he needed his game time managed. Clearly some underlying problem.

Another guy on here said he was told by an osteopath that checked him over that he was basically done as a pro footballer.

Going by his injury history on TransferMarkt he never missed more than a month~ with injury prior to signing for us.

At Verona and Bolonga he had a few injuries but nothing as bad as he's had here. I'm not suggesting he was iron man but he wasn't the crock he's been here.

That's if that site can be relied on of course.

Fling in Davies wages and it's an absolute horror show how much we are currently pissing down the drain in wages. It reflects on Wilson terribly IMO

Chances are we are going to have to go the course of the season fielding a make shift centre half in Sands or put our faith in an 18 year old accadamy player.

Aye FBBlue doesn't know why they are injured but is privvy to their financial information...

They are likely decent guesses but none of us know that info for sure.

What their injuries are is irrelevant. They aren't fit to play and that's it really.

What their injuries are is irrelevant? Is that right? Dear me.

In agreement with OP as far as the secrecy is concerned, the level of wages sidelined is a side issue. Can see why there would’t be disclosure on personal issues, nor do we need to be advised on medical details, however a simple e.g. Roofe has a problem with his calf muscle and will be back some time in October, Helander had a foot injury at the end of last season was back for pre-season but a persistent back problem which we haven’t fully diagnosed will keep him out for the foreseeable, Souttar broke his foot and we won’t see him back before the World Cup break, Lowry & Lawrence both had knee issues and we’ll see them both in October, Davies is fit and available, Hagi remains on previously advised recovery and we don’t have clearance Nnamdi Ofoborh to resume his career yet.

The fact that there has been no definitive information on particularly Souttar and Helander, especially when we can barely field two actual centre-halfs, is a poor show.

What their injuries are is irrelevant? Is that right? Dear me.

Dear me what?

Of course it's irrelevant. They aren't fit to play.

The reason for that is irrelevant really. What difference does it make to you knowingg other than quell a desire to know? Is it going to make them fit to play if the support know what their injuries are?

Dear me what?

Of course it's irrelevant. They aren't fit to play.

The reason for that is irrelevant really. What difference does it make to you knowingg other than quell a desire to know? Is it going to make them fit to play if the support know what their injuries are?

I’m not even going to bother. It’s pointless.

Thats before you get to the fact that hes never in a million years good enough to play for us.

The consensus is that your not allowed to say that on here but fck it.

Ive aboslutely no idea why Wilson is still in a job hes costing us millions and millions of pounds

Souttar probably isn't good enough but by signing him on a free Wilson isn't wasting us 'millions and millions'. He was available for nothing and fills an association trained place in our European squad that's why he would have been brought in. Who else you going to bring in too fill that space in the squad without spending a hefty transfer fee on someone?

Would let the fans know when the team maybe strengthened. You have an opinion and I have an opinion, we won’t agree.

How does knowing what injury they have let you know when the team may be strengthened?

You really want to know the recovery time rather than the specific injury then?

Can anyone tell me what the injuries sustained by Roofe, Helander or Souttar are?

Roofe, was injured the second day of pre-season and not a word since, that's close to 4 months with an injury?? 20k a week

Helander, injured pre-season, not a word since 4 months 25K a week

Souttar, not seen apart from a couple of 20 minute cameos. 15K a week.

That's 60k a week on three players who let's face it we all know will never put a sustained run of games together for the club again.

However I am keen to know the actual injuries they have sustained, 4 months out injured is a significant period of time.
Very good question.

Sorry if posted already but I see Roofe posted a story on Instagram of him getting his shirt printed in the kit room today.

Suggests he might be in the squad for Hearts.

I would like to know the injury and an approximate recovery time when the injury occurs, most other clubs make this information freely available, why don’t we?
Correct should be updates every so often
I think Hagi will be back after world cup
December Hibs at home ?

Not sure what any of those guys have got to do with Souttar mind! I think everyone will give him a chance. But you can’t blame fans for huffing when he’s predictably injured, it’s just absolutely irritating when we’re already got so many perennially injured players in the squad.
Would this not come under “employee confidentiality” . If a player does not want to disclose injuries or personal issues , I don’t think the club can say what it is!

So you agree with me then. No way will Helander be fit for first team start in 6 weeks time, before the world cup, and Roofe would not be first pick.
No, I don't agree. Helander would be first pick. Who knows about Roofe? Gio might prefer him to Colak in certain games and he can play on the right too so could very well be first pick there - who's keeping him out the team?

But Gio told us he was fine the day he never took him off and got injured last kick of the ball v Ross County despite us being 4 0 ahead. He stuck him up front rather than giving someone on the bench some game time.

What sort of warped logic is this? He was fine and wasn't injured, until he was.. Is Gio supposed to read the future? We can't take off every single player in the team in the off chance they get injured.

Back