Our most obscure players

Neil Murray. Yes I know he did play a fair number of games over maybe 5 years with us, but I can't remember a single thing he did on the pitch.
That's who I was going to say, think he was with us for about ten years and always on the verge of a breakthru. The three foreigners rule kept him on our books for God knows how long. I always wanted him to make it but I think he must have been teetotal as Smith didn't trust him

Russel Latapy. He definitely signed for us and did well...or did he? I can’t remember but he definitely did sign for us, that much I do know.

Should’ve scored in the 4-2 New Year’s Day game at the piggery if I remember correctly. Scuffed a chance and miko scored I think
Aye was put through one on one with Bonner when the Celtic defence parted like the Red Sea. He basically gave Bonner a pass back and it bounces to Miko.

Shay Given was on the bench for them that day.

Aye was put through one on one with Bonner when the Celtic defence parted like the Red Sea. He basically gave Bonner a pass back and it bounces to Miko.

Shay Given was on the bench for them that day.
Didn’t know about given, was my first old firm game at the piggery that day. Decent debut, four goals aff them bomber kickin a yahoo about, kuznetzov scoring plus the bench singing the blue bells are blue towards the end

Aye, League Cup final win over them. Think he only made one other appearance in a Rangers jersey.
The league cup final win was the following season he was there mate.

Rothen was with us 2009/10 and the cup final win was 2010/11

got beat in league cup final against them 08/09

First name that sprung to mind was Stéphane Guivarch.
Joined Newcastle after winning the World Cup and then joined ourselves. Played a handful of games and just looked disinterested at all times.

Threads got me thinking, who was the ozzie striker that played around the same time as Sandy Clark? A name just popped into my head, was it /think might have been Davie Mitchell.

First name that sprung to mind was Stéphane Guivarch.
Joined Newcastle after winning the World Cup and then joined ourselves. Played a handful of games and just looked disinterested at all times.

Won a World Cup without scoring. And didn’t take long at Ibrox to demonstrate how that was possible. Only surmounted in the “don’t always assume a WC star is good stakes” by (n)Oleg Salenko. Caught offside about 10 times in one half against the Tims because he couldn’t be bothered. Waste of space.

Only half a dozen maybe a couple more qualify as actually being obscure in this thread. I came on to post Gostomski, Ashikodi or Faye but already mentioned.

José-Karl Pierre-Fanfan. 7 games. Went into the megastore to get my strip and they asked if I wanted his name on the back. Wisely I declined.

That's who I was going to say, think he was with us for about ten years and always on the verge of a breakthru. The three foreigners rule kept him on our books for God knows how long. I always wanted him to make it but I think he must have been teetotal as Smith didn't trust him
Played a number of big games, including the treble winning cup final game against the sheep where he scored and the 94 new year game against the scum, 3-0 after ten minutes, when he nearly scored, the rebound being netted by Miko, I think.

Back