Our most obscure players

Genuinely not one iota of a clue who he is .
Where did he come from and when ??
Was with us for about 3 years in the mid-80's (at the same time as Iain Ferguson). A blonde forward, signed from the juniors as a teenager I think, went onto play for Dunfermline.

Edit: Just found his wiki page. I was pretty accurate.

15 games for us between 1983-86, 1 goal, not impressive.

Tottie Beck (inside forward we signed from St Mirren)
Ally Scott
Junior McGillvary (mentioned as real name of Findlay earlier post)
Richard Sharp (Graeme's brother - one appearance at Easter Rd joined the cops)

Neil Woods Was an odd one indeed - signed halfway though the season and a perpetual sub who never looked close to scoring a goal when he did get the nod.

Mark Falco signed in the summer of 1987 and looked like the big target man Souness had wanted, scored a fair few goals in the league and in Europe but was off to QPR (I think) before Christmas.

Franny Jeffers.. unimaginable that such a rising star at Everton in 2000/01 season would end up in the SPL but 5 year later he was there on loan in a Rangers shirt and couldn’t have hit a cow’s arse with a banjo. A career where someone truly fizzled out after a small number of games... looking back at his record with Everton, it was great but he bombed completely at Arsenal and his scoring form never recovered.

Andy Kennedy - 20 appearances in the grim years of the early 80s. Do remember him though, big lumbering forward.
Anything but a lumbering player, his main asset was his pace. Had a fairly good career down south and was working at the Rangers Soccer Schools for a while, might even still be.

Neil Woods Was an odd one indeed - signed halfway though the season and a perpetual sub who never looked close to scoring a goal when he did get the nod.

Mark Falco signed in the summer of 1987 and looked like the big target man Souness had wanted, scored a fair few goals in the league and in Europe but was off to QPR (I think) before Christmas.

Franny Jeffers.. unimaginable that such a rising star at Everton in 2000/01 season would end up in the SPL but 5 year later he was there on loan in a Rangers shirt and couldn’t have hit a cow’s arse with a banjo. A career where someone truly fizzled out after a small number of games... looking back at his record with Everton, it was great but he bombed completely at Arsenal and his scoring form never recovered.
If I remember right we got rid of falcao and Robert fleck within weeks of each other and left ourselves short up front with just super

Was going to say Paul Ritchie.

In terms of someone who did actually play and contribute then Dariusz Adamczuk. Did fairly well at right back after he signed for the start of the season then just disappeared.

Was going to say Paul Ritchie.

In terms of someone who did actually play and contribute then Dariusz Adamczuk. Did fairly well at right back after he signed for the start of the season then just disappeared.
Was he not bought and sold within 6 weeks without playing a competitive match? That was a total mystery.

Thingmy Ferguson.
No not Derek or Barry. Not Ian or even Iain. Certainly not Alex.
Eric. That one. How could I forget him?

Scott Wilson.At a time when we were spending a fortune on players he seemed to get quite a few games for us.
Nothing against the guy I just didn't think he was any good

Not read the whole thread.
Anybody mention Colin West?
I'd never heard of him before he joined and never again after he left.

Chris Vinnicombe
David Kirkwood
Lindsay Hamilton
Graeme Smith
Graeme Smith (yes there were 2 goalies by the same name)
Mark Brown (goalie played for mhanks)
Jim Stewart
Stewart Kennedy
Sandy Robertson
Derek McInnes (hard to believe I know...)
Gus MacPherson
Scott Gallacher (yet another goalie)
Nuno Capucho

That’s my efforts...

Tottie Beck (inside forward we signed from St Mirren)
Ally Scott
Junior McGillvary (mentioned as real name of Findlay earlier post)
Richard Sharp (Graeme's brother - one appearance at Easter Rd joined the cops)

Tottie Beck was a good player for us and Ally Scott filled a big hole back in the early 70s.The only Maths Graduate we ever had. I forgot all about Junior MCGillivray but I think he was done by the time we got him.

Klos
Only half a dozen maybe a couple more qualify as actually being obscure in this thread. I came on to post Gostomski, Ashikodi or Faye but already mentioned.
One thing with Ashikodi is what I would imagine is a fairly unique claim (although sure someone will come up with another) to have played his only game for us v Septic

Was he not bought and sold within 6 weeks without playing a competitive match? That was a total mystery.

Yep. Bought. Played 2 or 3 preseason games in which he scored an own goal and got red carded then got sold without playing a competitive match.

It was very weird. I thought he’d be a good signing when we got him.

Not sure you could say he was obscure. He was a fairly high profile player to sign.

But a massive flop, only played 3 times including that dreadful OF. So suppose going on game time he was easy to forget about.
He gave me so much fear I’d have swore he played more than that!

He was recently inducted in the Aberdeen hall of fame. Our worst ever keeper :D :D

To be fair he was a really good keeper for a long time in probably the last really good Aberdeen side.

Which of course doesn’t change the fact he was fcukin baggage for us.

Chris Vinnicombe
David Kirkwood
Lindsay Hamilton
Graeme Smith
Graeme Smith (yes there were 2 goalies by the same name)
Mark Brown (goalie played for mhanks)
Jim Stewart
Stewart Kennedy
Sandy Robertson
Derek McInnes (hard to believe I know...)
Gus MacPherson
Scott Gallacher (yet another goalie)
Nuno Capucho

That’s my efforts...
Stewart Kennedy treble winner surely not obscure. Over 130 games 50 clean sheets an excellent keeper.

Back