Our next penalty?

I thought Borna’s first penalty was poor and the keeper should have had it. Second, again, wasn’t well placed but he put a bit more meat on it. Even if the keeper had gone the right way he was scoring. I expect he will stay on pens if Tav’s out, but he needs to be getting them into the corner a bit more.

I thought Borna’s first penalty was poor and the keeper should have had it. Second, again, wasn’t well placed but he put a bit more meat on it. Even if the keeper had gone the right way he was scoring. I expect he will stay on pens if Tav’s out, but he needs to be getting them into the corner a bit more.
Second wasn’t well placed? Enough internet for me today, off to bed.

VB, second one is high up mate.

It’s a cracking pen IMO.

1st pen was very lucky. 2nd penalty was a peach.

Borna stepped up and did the business, albeit a better keeper would probably have saved the first one.
Id let him batter away for the time being

Bagged two penalties and I’ve seen them both described as poor. Well gimme those poor penalties any day of the week, especially the second where he goes high where keepers can rarely get to the ball.

I can't imagine Borna going to the other side of the GK, for some reason.

I thought both his penalties were obvious where they were going; but as always, low and pacy and you have a good chance.

I'm content with BB continuing but I dare say we will deal with this in training.

What will be, will be.

edit - I'm assuming the OP means not including, Tav.

Maybe controversial as both went in. However both were poor penalties. They were the perfect height and in the centre of the goal.

A decent keeper saves both of them

First one was poor and got a bit lucky, but the second was so good that he should keep the job.

The 2nd was exactly the same with more power I thought?

Will need to watch again but it looked as if it was still a decent height for keeper and not far enough in the corner.

Regardless he scored both so well done Borna.

Tav is the penalty taker.

Fair play to Barisic, he scored both tonight. But the first one especially was far from convincing.

The 2nd was exactly the same with more power I thought?

Will need to watch again but it looked as if it was still a decent height for keeper and not far enough in the corner.

Regardless he scored both so well done Borna.
I'm sure the second was above the height that keepers dive at.

The first was perfect height for a keeper and the keeper made an arse of it.

I'm not a fan of left footers hitting penalties. Always feel they're easier to read and seen to suit goalkeepers bizarrely.

Obviously this is a general thing and not every left footer so don't hit me with Messi or Albertz! :)

But Borna is the man on them right now. That took balls tonight.

Fair enough. By that point I had no idea what was going on! What a game!
You had me doubting myself but just looked at the BT highlights posted on here, and the second penalty was lifted and wouldn't have been saved if the keeper went the right way.. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: GF1
Borna's second penalty seemed decent enough.

hhhh.png

He hits the ball so sweetly and clean that I would have lots of confidence in him taking them going forward.

That second penalty was a fuckin peach. Power, height and almost into the side netting.

Would like to see his technique going to the keepers right. I knew he was going left both times.

With the way he hits free kicks and from the two penalties, he has a natural tendency to go to his right. I wonder how comfortable he’ll be mixing them up if he continues to take them while Tav is out.

I would have Hagi or Kent next on the list for penalties if Borna steps aside.

Hagi’s already had a penalty and it was a shocker. I always see calls for him to go on free kicks too but barring a huge deflected effort last season I’ve rarely seen him hit a good free kick either.

As for penalties, keep Barisic on the, he scored his last two, Tav missed a couple, so makes sense.

If it is against the crash barriers to win us the league I will hand the ball to Alfredo myself.

Borna is on them until he misses imo. Second penalty for him tonight was well executed and the first one I think it’s fair to say was hit with nerves. Something tells me Tav may be out a while and to be honest I though Barisic grew in stature tonight after Tav went off, he became the most prominent fullback and drove us forward down that left side, he stood up and converted two high pressure penalties, I’d say they’re his now.

In Europe, yeah maybe we have to think about it

Domestically? Don't worry about it.

They don't give us obvious penalties for months and months, then they worry about the negative media attention when we celebrate an anniversary of not having a penalty with a montage of shit refereeing, then they give us a flurry of penalties over a couple of months so the media kick up a storm and then don't give us a penalty for 11 more months.

Unless Tav is out until October, we don't need to care about it.

I know he scored them both, but I was not that confident with Borna taking them. He didn't look confident and the keeper almost saved the first one, it wasn't a great penalty.

What's with our strikers not taking penalties? Surely Alfie, Aribo or Hagi want to be hitting pens?

That second penalty was a fuckin peach. Power, height and almost into the side netting.

Would like to see his technique going to the keepers right. I knew he was going left both times.
He went to the left because I told him to. "Same as the first only perfectly executed". Expecting a letter from him and SG in thanks for the coaching tip :)

Back