Our penalties this season and VAR

madride

Spoken about this before on here but as we had another on Sunday it’s worth mentioning again.

We’ve had 15 penalties awarded in the league this season and only 3 of them were given on the park.

That’s a ridiculous stat and without looking I’d imagine we’re the only team where the stats are so one sided. I get things like shirt pulls may not be noticed but there’s no chance refs miss that volume through anything other than being shit scared to make the decision

That was the 3rd pen by VAR with the same ref on Sunday 2 others at McDairmid Park when he looked at his lino to bail him out, although strangely enough had no trouble spotting Sima handling when he punched the ball into the net now would Walsh/Collum have seen that and thought a natural action? No did not think so either.

The 'penalty to Rangers' narrative has worked wonders with officials pretty much refusing to give us a penalty onfield. Most are leaving it to VAR which is not what it's there for.

Any referee who clearly sees a penalty incident but ignores it and waits for VAR to give it should be marked down by their assessor. McDermid at St Johnstone, Robertson at Easter Road being a couple of examples.

TBF the onw on Sunday was probably the one that wasn't easiest to see from the ref. Id have to see his positioning again. However, your point is valid and the refs are shit scared to do their job properly

This is why VAR should stay. Just think about that. Our cheating referees have missed 12 out of 15 penalties that we should have had. Not 1/2/3/ or 4 but 12. And others that were missed by VAR officials that look the other way. Like honest Willie Collum at the peodo dome. The rugby tackle on Roofe v Motherwell and the King handball at Killie. It has also restricted the cheats with flags but they still get away with too much.

Spoken about this before on here but as we had another on Sunday it’s worth mentioning again.

We’ve had 15 penalties awarded in the league this season and only 3 of them were given on the park.

That’s a ridiculous stat and without looking I’d imagine we’re the only team where the stats are so one sided. I get things like shirt pulls may not be noticed but there’s no chance refs miss that volume through anything other than being shit scared to make the decision
So 80% of our penalties haven't been identified at the time by the referee?

That's fucking ridiculous.

It's astonishing, it really is. The way this country works though is this - 'look at the masons in the VAR room bailing them out when the ref already saw it and decided it wizny a pen. Cheats'.

Scottish football is what I imagine burning in hell would feel like.
It was like Sutton on Sunday, we expect Rangers to get a penalty. We don't just get handed penalties, they are awarded due to foul play.

The 'penalty to Rangers' narrative has worked wonders with officials pretty much refusing to give us a penalty onfield. Most are leaving it to VAR which is not what it's there for.

Any referee who clearly sees a penalty incident but ignores it and waits for VAR to give it should be marked down by their assessor. McDermid at St Johnstone, Robertson at Easter Road being a couple of examples.
Add the new kid on the block to your list Dickinson. He missed King hand ball at Killie and forearm smash on Soutter v Hibs. But could not wait to give the Lundstram one v Killie.

Rangers fans have inadvertently helped shaft the club by helping to promote the 'Penalty to Rangers' patter.
We get the penalties via VAR so it doesn't really matter what the fans say / joke about.

It is an issue that refs are relying on VAR however.

It’s a ridiculous stat, and some of them have been blatant. Would be interesting to see the stats for the other side of the city too for comparison

It was like Sutton on Sunday, we expect Rangers to get a penalty. We don't just get handed penalties, they are awarded due to foul play.
Ahh, yes. It's all part of the grift. Sutton and Stewart are well in on the act. Boyd is trying to play the game from our side now, but he's pishing into the wind. It is torturous being a Scottish football fan, sometimes I honestly think about chucking it (but that's never going to happen).

Rangers fans have inadvertently helped shaft the club by helping to promote the 'Penalty to Rangers' patter.
I get why our fans tried to take ownership of it by turning it into something of a joke.

The problem isn't our fans doing that though, it's the likes of Sutton, Stewart, Barbour, McFadden etc being given a platform by their employers to push the narrative and the failure of our ex players (Boyd aside) to shoot it down as the bullcrap that it is, in order to keep their media gigs.

Ahh, yes. It's all part of the grift. Sutton and Stewart are well in on the act. Boyd is trying to play the game from our side now, but he's pishing into the wind. It is torturous being a Scottish football fan, sometimes I honestly think about chucking it (but that's never going to happen).
Maybe seems a daft statement but if it weren't for Rangers, I wouldn't be interested in the Scottish game at all.

So 80% of our penalties haven't been identified at the time by the referee?

That's fucking ridiculous.
I think you’re being kind there . Something is way wrong.

And radio silence from Rangers F.C doesn’t help. If it had been Celtic in Rangers position, they’d have turned this scenario around, correctly in this case, to being the victim of some strange anomaly where it’s taking VAR to get involved far too often . We sit on our arse.

Media figures like Crocker on Sky help to keep this going.

On Sunday when the ref was asked to go to the monitor Crocker said "This award will give Rangers more penalties than Celtic".

The week before there was no mention of Celtic having more than Rangers when they were given one at Ibrox.

Creepy paedo enabling cnut.

That was the 3rd pen by VAR with the same ref on Sunday 2 others at McDairmid Park when he looked at his lino to bail him out, although strangely enough had no trouble spotting Sima handling when he punched the ball into the net now would Walsh/Collum have seen that and thought a natural action? No did not think so either.
Wouldn’t blame the ref for Sunday’s award.
The two at St.Johnstone were poor decisions though.

M, it wouldn’t surprise me if most teams pens have been through Var.
I’m going to be fair to the refs here, Var is spotting some handballs/pulls that are difficult to spot in live play, especially at corner kicks.

Media figures like Crocker on Sky help to keep this going.

On Sunday when the ref was asked to go to the monitor Crocker said "This award will give Rangers more penalties than Celtic".

The week before there was no mention of Celtic having more than Rangers when they were given one at Ibrox.

Creepy paedo enabling cnut.
They do it because they're allowed to and certain producers are quite happy to push that because it will generate clicks from our haters on Social Media. Crocker is probably being fed lines by his producer for this purpose.

Take McCoist for example, when he was part of that 3man Sky booth with Crocker and Walker, then Sutton. He was getting ganged up on at times and he would try to show that he's fair and impartial. The problem was that he was effectively having the urine extracted from him by Crocker and his Co-Tim. No wonder Ally chucked it but replacing him with Kenny Miller has actually been worse. Miller last week was effectively 'yes Chris, no Chris, three bags full Chris'.

Our ex players in the media need to realise that being overly fair and trying to be impartial won't endear them to any non Rangers fan. They'll still be hated regardless. They do need to try and back the club more to shoot down the nonsense like the 'penalty to Rangers' narrative. Not looking for anyone to go full Sutton or Hartson and try to defend the indefensible though.

I think you’re being kind there . Something is way wrong.

And radio silence from Rangers F.C doesn’t help. If it had been Celtic in Rangers position, they’d have turned this scenario around, correctly in this case, to being the victim of some strange anomaly where it’s taking VAR to get involved far too often . We sit on our arse.
This.

If this skewed stat which let’s face it has been skewed all season was against the unwashed I’ve no doubt Brenda would have been all over it at the next press conference calling it out and twisting the stat saying why are officials missing our penalty kicks

We sit back say nothing and let the narrative grow momentum, we are just not streetwise enough as a club

Back