Our players don't see or make passes quickly enough

There's always that 3rd touch when the pass could be away with the 2nd one. Always the safe option when a riskier one could split them open.

I know people dont like to hear it, but I think this where the return of crowds has played a part. This is the main difference between this year and last. I think players are worried to take that risk, its safer not to try the trickier pass and avoid the shouts. But in not taking those risks our attacks are blunted and become slow and ponderous, which is the worst possible thing against 10 man defences who play out their skin against us.

They should be able to cope with the pressure, they are at Rangers, and it is expected of them. But I really do worry that some of them can't.

It’s a strange one for me, I’m not saying he’s the answer but there was a stage we were struggling with injuries and suspensions in midfield and wasn’t even on the bench.
Will take flak for it but he is a better option than Lundstram for the number 6 role.

If anyone wants to reply with that discussing their attributes more than happy to divulge, but the response is no doubt “played in prem”.

One thing that frustrates me and has for a long time.

When the ball is in one area of the park and someone is free at the opposite side and a pass is on. It will go to someone in the middle. Then go out to the free man. By which time he isn’t as free as he was.

It’s almost like the players are scared of making longer passes.
Spot on. If I can see the quality runs and the pass then our players certainly can.

Roofe in particular found some really good space last night and made some clever runs but without exception we turned back and played the safe pass, badly I may add.

Tav rarely runs into space and attacks the corners these days, hangs back on the touch line for the 5 yard square pass with the full backs in front of him every time then plays a short pass back inside. You make a good point though, maybe that’s due to the time it takes to get the ball out to him.

When the full backs did get a cross in we had no one attacking the ball, CD heads clear and we never seem to win the 2nd ball knockdown.

Last night it appeared very clear to me this team is playing with fear. I don’t know if the midfield don’t trust the front players or they are just too scared to move the ball quickly or try the difficult pass.

Something I'm noticing more and more. Maybe the benefit of my seat being a decent height above the pitch.

Roofe on a few occasions had space between their CB and RCB and got his body turned for a through pass - never came.

Hagi, countless occasions found himself great spaces between their defence and midfield, arms out shouting for the ball - never came.

There's always that 3rd touch when the pass could be away with the 2nd one. Always the safe option when a riskier one could split them open. And another thing becoming a real fucking bug bear is how often the passing is either to feet, or just behind, or not enough zip on it - totally kills momentum.

I don't think there's alot wrong with our formation or the positions we get ourselves into. It's just the sharpness and intensity seem to have gone.
We don't have a midfielder that is technically capable of playing these passes.
To be fair to Gerrard he did try to sign the Dutch lad who was apparently this type of midfield player.
But you are right, the ball simply doesn't move quick enough and we allow teams to shuttle back into defence in good order.

Too slow at making passes, lack of vision from most and really poor decision making. School boy stuff.

The one that infuriates me that we are doing constantly of late, defense passes the ball to a midfielder in space for them to turn and take the ball forward and the midfielder immediately passes it back to the defender like it's one touch training.

We miss the way Ryan Jack moves the ball.

Instead we have Lundstram who slows down everything he touches, Davis who just isn’t having any real impact on games, Kamara who is wildly off form and various other cameos from players who aren’t doing it.

Aribo is the only one looking like he’ll make something happen, but then he refuses to shoot when he gets into a dangerous position.

Reactions: TN8

Instead we have Lundstram who slows down everything he touches, Davis who just isn’t having any real impact on games, Kamara who is wildly off form and various other cameos from players who aren’t doing it.

Aribo is the only one looking like he’ll make something happen, but then he refuses to shoot when he gets into a dangerous position.
100% mate. Been telling everyone I speak to about it that he's the player we're missing most, more so than Kent. We need him back soon.

Miss him.

My favourite player by a mile.

Must be killing him not able to play.

Back