Our players reaction to conceding yesterday.

Best RB?
He would be the best player on the planet!

I had a boss that once said to me, after my first week, on a summer job.
"If you learn from all your mistakes, you're gonna be a fukcen genius!"

Lundstrams reaction to the 1st goal was to neatly beat Butland 3 minutes later.

Last edited:
W have no "battle fever" we have no anger. Words like Ready and No Surrender mean nothing to these guys. We need more blue noses in this team along with a complement of skilled foreigners but the core need to know what is about. I turned it off immediately but would not surprise me to have seen back pats, smiles and congratulations from our players. %^*& them we need to bleed blue. We've lost our identity with all these foreign managers coming and going. As maligned as he is, as an example, McInnes would hurt like %^*& getting beat by that mob
I think the words Ready & No Surrender are mixed up a little… No! Ready, Surrender

Don't even see any team mates arguing. Tavernier's face after making a mistake is not pissed off at himself, it's either pointing somewhere or oh well. Goldson's the same. His lack of effort to get close to Maeda and stop the cross, and Barisic's lack of effort in blocking O'Riley's shot were cowardly to say the least. We've seen umpteen opponents defenders throw themselves in front of the ball to make blocks this season against us, when was the last time you saw one of our players do so or one of our full backs in particular.
Last time I seen that was from Richard Gough! He’d run through a brick wall if he had to.

The players need to start earning our support

They have let us down too much so they need to change the shite results

There’s little belief in the squad.

They’re so used to losing that it doesn’t register and there’s a growing number of fans starting to adopt that attitude.
Yip it’s become the norm . Acceptance to not winning is our issue .

An acceptance that we are 2nd best. 4 old firms and not a single win, or even having been in a winning position! That alone says we aren't champion material.

These are players who have been beaten repeatedly in big games. They have no belief. The changeover of playing staff needs to be wholesale. We're basically in the position we were in when Gerrard arrived. A squad that is completely hopeless v them.

Last edited:
I know its a legacy of our years in the wilderness, but too many of our key players plied their trade with mid table English clubs where it is normal to have more defeats than wins. I dont care what anyone says that has to leave you with a certain mindset that is hard to over come when you sign for Rangers and the expectancy is to win every game.
There is probably a lot in that. To be honest the only player who looks furious when we concede is Butland but maybe that’s because he’s one of our few players from a good pedigree

This really annoyed me yesterday and I might be being harsh but they don't look like they care when they concede. It's head down and walk away or point somewhere and look around.

Where is the anger and passion? We should hate conceding and the only one that looks like they care when we concede is Butland.

Also who was Lundstram pointing at after the OG? Looked like he was blaming someone but might be wrong.Looked like he was blaming tav for not closing down. Which he shoulda tbf

There is probably a lot in that. To be honest the only player who looks furious when we concede is Butland but maybe that’s because he’s one of our few players from a good pedigree
You can see the expressions Butland makes after these constant f*ck ups. It's a FFS lads get a grip look.

He has standards playing out of his skin to win and the players Infront of him are all over the place.

If you see the photos of the team when they are coming out to warm up - they are all head down shitting their pants with the exception of Raskin, Diomande and maybe Souttar

This team of players are beat before a ball is kicked. Can we please sign some players with a set of f*cing bollocks about them.
The very fact the only reason I and a number of fans I know thought we could win yesterday was only because we weren’t favourites says a lot.

This really annoyed me yesterday and I might be being harsh but they don't look like they care when they concede. It's head down and walk away or point somewhere and look around.

Where is the anger and passion? We should hate conceding and the only one that looks like they care when we concede is Butland.

Also who was Lundstram pointing at after the OG? Looked like he was blaming someone but might be wrong.
He was blaming collum for impeding him.

Remember majority of these players downed tools got Gio and Beale the sack, if PC doesn’t get shot of them they will do the same to him, this summer is a massive clear out he must see it himself.

Also who was Lundstram pointing at after the OG? Looked like he was blaming someone but might be wrong.
Same as us

It was the result we all pretty much expected

Sad but thats where we are and they clearly weren’t motivated like they should have been

We need some tough, hard don’t give a shit winners right through the team. Urgently.
A lot of modern footballers seem to think it’s about turning up, doing your bit, getting big wages, usually at mid level clubs around Europe.
This is Rangers, we need winners. That’s it. Results. Trophies.
Or don’t come to Ibrox.

I feel like some players will have slept easier last night knowing the league was over.

They just seem to take comfort in knowing there is no pressure left. They don't seem to mind losing at all.
Watch them go out and win 5-0 on Tuesday now the league is done.

The decline since Jimmy died is alarming
We used to have legends walking the corridors. Greig, Jardine etc, and wee Jimmy.
It just reminds players what they re signing up to at Rangers. It’s not a bad or old fashioned thing.
Think Clement should get the same happening now and again. Gough, Hateley, Brown, and big John Greig if he can.

I like when Tav, Goldson or Lundstram cost us a goal and they point at someone else. It really does show the quality of leadership we have in our team.
We haven’t had someone in this team that would openly go through a team mate since we got back to the Premiership. I get a lot of posters make fun of others when they bring up Tav not being “shouty” enough, but the fact is that type of player is desperately lacking.
Barry Ferguson wouldn’t hesitate to go through teammates.
Mccoist, McCall, Durrant, I Ferguson all the same
Kevin Thomson, Ricksen, Amo, Lafferty, Miller, Novo would all fall out on the pitch and give players a bollcking to raise standards.
%^*& me, I hate saying this, but look at Roofe’s disallowed goal the first OF of season before VAR wrongly called it off. McGregor and someone else went fucking through Lagerbielke for coughing it up to Dessers.

The role of a captain may have changed, but these types are still desperately needed in football, and being brutally honest, only Butland looks like he has the minerals for it

Hopefully our so called right back so many goals have come from there this season.
The Lundstram og the ball shouldn't even have got out to maieda

We played it across the pitch 20 odd yds from their goal and two of our players didn't go for it they ran on to it and quickly played it out to left.

I was screaming at dessers and I think it was dio if they get the ball at that point we have them under pressure.

We can not hold the ball up front and defend as a team it puts us under constant pressure

We need to somehow get them to believe they can beat them at Hampden . I can't face standing watching that mhob having another party
They will equal our trophy haul if they do win. I dont even think that will be enough to motivate some of our players sadly.

There’s little belief in the squad.

They’re so used to losing that it doesn’t register and there’s a growing number of fans starting to adopt that attitude.
Been thinking the same for a while, they are that used to losing and being laughed at, they now seem to have built up a natural immunity to it. I know getting to the Europa final was a big thing, but Goldson summed it all up when he said his biggest achievement was getting a losers medal from it.

Been thinking the same for a while, they are that used to losing and being laughed at, they now seem to have built up a natural immunity to it. I know getting to the Europa final was a big thing, but Goldson summed it all up when he said his biggest achievement was getting a losers medal from it.
Interesting.
Well, he's certainly got plenty of these!

Also who was Lundstram pointing at after the OG? Looked like he was blaming someone but might be wrong.”

I think he was remonstrating with Willie Collum who impeded him running back into the box, Lundstrum had run around him, then stop , quickly to attempt a clearance of the ball . He felt had he had a clear run into the box , he wouldn’t have been as cumbersome to deal with the ball.

Lundstrum’s face told the story . He was clutching at straws to be honest. Too often in these games , our players are caught flat footed . Had he been , energetic , on his toes , he could have been in that central area a lot quicker., to position himself .

Back