Our spending- “where’s the money coming from?”

Marcellus Wallace

I've got Big Balls
Not sure if this has ever been properly addressed- mainly because we enjoy the mentally challengeds continual whining about the state of our finances.
However; for the benefit of the uneducated and those not clever with numbers greater than the total number of fingers they possess (11 or 12) here’s a quick summary.

New kit supplier- £10m+ comes in.
Improved deal with 32Red- £Xm comes in.
New Distribution partner-JD Sports?- £Xm in.
New strips (that we the fans are desperate to buy)- £20m+ on tops alone if our record sales can be matched.

Millions more will come in in other officially branded Hummel merchandise.

This is all income the club has previously been denied in the last few years.
Not a difficult concept to grasp surely.
#LetsGo

Mate there's no way we're getting £10m+ from Hummel and £20m+ on football tops. I seen someone mention we're getting £10m over 3 years from Hummel, which seems more likely. Re the tops we'll only get a fraction of the total sales however it will still be a few million quid that we haven't had over the past few years. As an example, back in the day we were making around £5m a year from retail (that's strips and other merchandise)

Not sure if this has ever been properly addressed- mainly because we enjoy the mentally challengeds continual whining about the state of our finances.
However; for the benefit of the uneducated and those not clever with numbers greater than the total number of fingers they possess (11 or 12) here’s a quick summary.

New strips (that we the fans are desperate to buy)- £20m+ on tops alone if our record sales can be matched.

#LetsGo
You think we'll make 20 million on kit sales?? :eek:

Mate there's no way we're getting £10m+ from Hummel and £20m+ on football tops. I seen someone mention we're getting £10m over 3 years from Hummel, which seems more likely. Re the tops we'll only get a fraction of the total sales however it will still be a few million quid that we haven't had over the past few years. As an example, back in the day we were making around £5m a year from retail (that's strips and other merchandise)

The amount upfront isn’t the point I’m making mate. The £20m is for tops only. I know we only get a percentage however full kit, training gear, tracksuits etc have to be added to that total before working out how much comes into the club.
Point is that far more new money is coming in to the club.

#LetsGo
New kit deal is only £3.4m a year up front.
For new strips we will do well to get something like £10-15 cut of a top sold. Even if we sold half a million you’re not getting anywhere near £20m. That would be more like £5-7.5m.
So as excited as your list sounds it’s about £20m overcooked.

I doesn't matter how simple a concept like increased revenue streams is to grasp, the rest of Scottish football have a hatred for us that clouds any rational thoughts.

Any other club in Scotland receives investment it's seen as a positive thing that will help the club move forward. We receive investment from King et al and it's "Ah you're skint, living off loans, haven't learned your lessons, admin2"

Look at the different attitudes towards FOH and C1872. Fans investing in Hearts via FOH is seen a magnificent achievement and the blueprint for other clubs. Fans investing in Rangers via C1872 are met with comments about the Club using the fans to pay the bills and labelled as gullible.

There is no point in arguing with with these types for they already believe what they want to believe.

The amount upfront isn’t the point I’m making mate. The £20m is for tops only. I know we only get a percentage however full kit, training gear, tracksuits etc have to be added to that total before working out how much comes into the club.
Point is that far more new money is coming in to the club.
Aye but the figures I'm giving included everything. The most we've made from retail, which includes everything, tops, tracksuits, pens, bed clothes, etc etc is around £5m.

I reckon it is possible to pull in around 20m from merchandise if it’s done right.

Our online presence and our online shop need to obviously be upgraded and you’d need to assume we’ve got professionals working round the clock to make sure this happens.

We could also do deals on the tops. Buy the home and away and get a % off of the third kit when it’s released.

We really need to push all avenues in regards to our new merchandise ventures.

Tracksuits, kids posters, bed covers, dog collars, towels, pyjamas, slippers. Fucking everything.

Send out the catalogues again.

#LetsGo
Some of these figures are wild.

We'll get much more in through merch sales than before, but nowhere near 20m!

New kit deal is only £3.4m a year up front.
For new strips we will do well to get something like £10-15 cut of a top sold. Even if we sold half a million you’re not getting anywhere near £20m. That would be more like £5-7.5m.
So as excited as your list sounds it’s about £20m overcooked.

Perhaps but my subsequent post partly clarified (hopefully)

The average cost of a season ticket was £314 the last time and we sold approx 43,000, so wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that we could expect £15-16m in s/t revenue this season.

Some of these figures are wild.

We'll get much more in through merch sales than before, but nowhere near 20m!
Not really- not in terms of gross revenue any way
Even at £50 a strip profit we'd need to sell 400,000 of them.

I'm guessing maths and business aren't the OP's strongest qualities. :)

Really? Who are you- Rachel Riley?
Our highest sales were 429000 in 2003 according to figures posted yesterday after the kit launch. I’ll just leave that there for you to get your calculator out

You only make £10 -£15 pershirt sold as profit. They do cost money to make :) So £20M is way off. Could potentially sell a few hundreds of thousand. Over the year . Man U for example sell over 1m worldwide.

Really? Who are you- Rachel Riley?
Our highest sales were 429000 in 2003 according to figures posted yesterday after the kit launch. I’ll just leave that there for you to get your calculator out

If I was Rachel Riley I'd still be in bed playing with myself.

Even if we achieve those sales figures, they're not our gross revenue, as you've suggested.

They'd be the gross revenue of whoever the sales partner is. It's pretty much nonsense.

£22m season ticket sales
£3.3m Hummel
£2-3m strip royalties
£6m share issue
£1.5-2m potential new distributors income

£35m income was outlined to me roughly

Think about season spending, shortfall etc it’s about break even?....

Are you sure re the s/t revenue?

Rough figures as I said - 46000 x 500 would be possible

As I said rough figures

We sold 43,253 according to the annual report, and grossed £13.6m last season (average s/t price £314).

I think that the club will do well to get £16m in s/t revenue.

We also spent £80k a day on operating / staffing costs according to the last annual report.

ps I hope I'm a Mike out and that your figures are correct I D.

cheers

I posted this in another thread last night but it's relevant here given some of the wild figures we're seeing.

In 2005 retail brought in £20.654m, which was a record amount at that point. However the costs associated with this were £15.03m so our income after costs was £5.624m.

I think we'll see a slightly higher amount this season but it won't be far from that.

We also have owners putting a lot into the club and not seeing much profit from it so they may spend .more of there own money if necessary

Total gate receipts for year in 2017 report was 21.6million . That's all games . ST price increase and more European games will boost this. Obviously only ST money upfront

The ST money is needed to pay wages, running costs etc throughjout that year (What screwed Whyte when he sold it all to Ticketus)
The season ticket money of c £16m will cover the players wage bill which will be a similar figure.
It is a common misconception that the club receive most of the ST money upfront. In fact most of the ST money is paid over by the credit card company on a game by game basis ( home games only)
The retail income and sponsorship will go towards the rest of the running costs and capital expenditure.
At this stage the bulk of the transfer budget is still being funded by shareholder loans which will soon be converted to equity.
The other thread suggesting DK stand down as chairman is madness. We still need him and the other big shareholders more than ever.

If I was Rachel Riley I'd still be in bed playing with myself.

Even if we achieve those sales figures, they're not our gross revenue, as you've suggested.

They'd be the gross revenue of whoever the sales partner is. It's pretty much nonsense.

I know they’re not our gross revenue figures- stop trying to be a smart arse!
The crux of the point is that we have a lot more revenue streams open to us now than previously.
I don’t doubt you are in bed playing with yourself in any event.

Might be well to remember that sales are not profit. We have to buy the stuff we sell and pay the folk that sell it.
Shell make billions selling oil but they have to get it out the north sea first.
ST cash has to keep us going all year and not just for a month when signing new players.
However we should be in a better position this year and if we can move on a few players it should help along with the European cash for hopefully more than one game.
Costs running a business like Rangers are huge when you add in Murray Park along with Ibrox. I have never liked any business getting a load of cash at one go and prefer to see a regular income over the period of their financial year.

I doesn't matter how simple a concept like increased revenue streams is to grasp, the rest of Scottish football have a hatred for us that clouds any rational thoughts.

Any other club in Scotland receives investment it's seen as a positive thing that will help the club move forward. We receive investment from King et al and it's "Ah you're skint, living off loans, haven't learned your lessons, admin2"

Look at the different attitudes towards FOH and C1872. Fans investing in Hearts via FOH is seen a magnificent achievement and the blueprint for other clubs. Fans investing in Rangers via C1872 are met with comments about the Club using the fans to pay the bills and labelled as gullible.

There is no point in arguing with with these types for they already believe what they want to believe.
Second this .

Might be well to remember that sales are not profit. We have to buy the stuff we sell and pay the folk that sell it.
Shell make billions selling oil but they have to get it out the north sea first.
ST cash has to keep us going all year and not just for a month when signing new players.
However we should be in a better position this year and if we can move on a few players it should help along with the European cash for hopefully more than one game.
Costs running a business like Rangers are huge when you add in The Hummel along with Ibrox. I have never liked any business getting a load of cash at one go and prefer to see a regular income over the period of their financial year.

£80k a day

Back