Our Stats to Date

Ibroxmassive

Mainly done because I was interested to see how long we’d been trailing for so far across all of our competitions, inspired by something one of the bookies put out about the EPL, but some of the stats from our 27 games to date this season (excludes Leverkusen and the friendlies).

For the most part I’ve kept it fairly honest, data assumes a 45 minute first half because I couldn’t be arsed.

Biggest headlines so far;
62ySPON.jpg

We’ve not trailed for more than a games worth of minutes this season. We’ve not even been involved in score draws either.

In terms of competitions, we look like;
haH5dpg.png

(That small sliver in the SPFL represents 24 minutes we were 1-0 down in the Hibs game).

In terms of Stadiums;
KsH6YAt.png
Easter Road managed to be a tougher place to go than the Estadio da Luz.

In terms of our outputs, and defence;
4MCWfKn.png

We’re playing phenomenally (obviously). But some of the stats there around shots conceded are insane. We went through October conceding 0.3 shots on target per game. November and December against Europa League opponents and tough fixtures away without it getting over 3, and no team we’ve played this season has managed to get more shots on target than us in any game we’ve played (though Kilmarnock matched us 4-4 in the game earlier this year).

zooming in on that upper left graph for no reason;
(Should say Shots on Target conceded, apologies)

rDFKm7M.png

We’re absolutely bossing games, and the way in which we’re not going behind, or having to chase, and can dictate play, means that we’re not having to bust a gut Thursday / Sunday each week, which keeps the pressure up.

gzlgpGP.png

The consistency this season, and the job done by the defence is outstanding. It’s what makes the reliance on a blip, or us losing form so much of a Hail Mary for the other teams challenging us. Hibs aren’t doing the same numbers, neither are the other lot, and it shows how quickly we’re putting a marker down in games and bossing them.

Top effort OP. In that one post you have probably produced more credible analysis on Rangers than the entire Scottish media have put together all season.

If I’m McCracken and Miller I’m marching into that Falkirk boardroom and asking for a raise as well. Much more of a challenge than managers on 10x their wage.

Back