Our strongest Starting 11

Also, just in case I'm missing something, is Lawrence known to play any further back than as an attacking winger or AM?

Quite a few seem to have him & Cantwell more as holders?!

Wouldn't have Lundstram anywhere near our first eleven. Kamara for me every day of the week.
Think Yilmaz will prove to be a good player for us but needs time.

Depends who we are playing in all honesty but Lawrence and Yilmaz get into our best 11

Colak once 100% fit over Morelos for me too

I think it's a debate between Jack and Lundstram.

With fitness and confidence re-built it is.

But the same flaws will always be there. Starting with the wrong tempo and not as ruthless as they should be

First of all I want to say I feel very positive about our new additions and look forward to big improvements with the depth of squad we now have

My only reservations still lie in our defence that's been leaking early needless goals for some time - even after our 1st choice injured players have returned

I know the best form of defence is attack & with our new recruits we should be better at that than we've been so far
But to be honest I still think we're weak in defence & we've got less reliable back-up cover there than other areas IMO

I'd be surprised to see Helander return even next season
Regrettably I don't see even a fit Souttar as anything other than a 2nd or 3rd choice back-up - hope he proves me wrong
I hope Yilmaz recovers well - but by the sounds of it that won't be soon
Tav seems to me he's in danger of burn out

I've no wish to be as negative as this sounds - but IMO the defence needs work in the summer window

Probably but it'll be interesting to see if Beale goes with what you said is the most mental thing you've heard - Colak and Morelos together.
I’m almost certain, for the remainder of the season, he will not drop Sakala for Colak and Morelos out wide beyond tonight, but we won’t go there :))

McGregor
Tav Goldson Davies Barasic/Yilmaz
Lundstram
Raskin Tillman
Cantwell Kent
Morelos

I think this is what we'll see for much of the remainder of the season. I don't see Lundstram being dropped at all.

for me it's a case of, ok MB, yours players are back, plus two new ones, lets see what you can really do

McGregor
Tav Goldson Davies Barasic/Yilmaz
Lundstram
Raskin Tillman
Cantwell Kent
Morelos

I think this is what we'll see for much of the remainder of the season. I don't see Lundstram being dropped at all.
How i see it too!! But the options and strength in depth is really strong!! We now have some bench, whoever starts!!

So what now pep? :))
I assumed you phoned Beale and told him Colak is useless and Morelos and Colak together will never work?!

You said it was the most mental thing you’d heard and the next day Beale said he was going to try it. After which you changed your tune to doesn’t hurt to try it :)

I assumed you phoned Beale and told him Colak is useless and Morelos and Colak together will never work?!

You said it was the most mental thing you’d heard and the next day Beale said he was going to try it. After which you changed your tune to doesn’t hurt to try it :)
I didn’t say playing the two was mental, i said putting alfie out wide and dropping sakala was. Seems MB agrees.

I didn’t say playing the two was mental, i said putting alfie out wide and dropping sakala was. Seems MB agrees.

RTV showing previous games against hearts this season, Colak’s brace away and then that run that created the goal at home.

No bad for a player that doesn’t offer anything :)

Back