Ovie Ejaria to join Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully he's not homesick again

I really do understand homesickness but the boy has blown an incredible opportunity with us.
We all have to leave our comfort zone at some point in life, however most of us do it for peanuts and no glamour at all. Still can't believe the chance he's chucked away.

I really do understand homesickness but the boy has blown an incredible opportunity with us.
We all have to leave our comfort zone at some point in life, however most of us do it for peanuts and no glamour at all. Still can't believe the chance he's chucked away.
Perhaps there was more to it. He was ok at times but I'm happy he's moved on and hopefully he does well

A talented player who will make a decent career in the English lower leagues. The Rangers shirt was just a bit too heavy for him. Hope this move works out for him.

All the best to him, played his part in our Europa league run but for me doesn't have it to be a player at a big club. Wont make it at Liverpool in my opinion. Hopefully finds a level he's comfortable at.

He'll fade quickly in to obscurity IMO.

Unfortunately, I think you’re right.

Certainly, he’ll not cut it at Liverpool and the manner of his departure from us didn’t do his cause much good.

I genuinely wish him well but can’t help feeling he’ll come to regret not trying to grasp the opportunity he’s had at two of the biggest clubs in Britain.

Clearly wanted to be closer to home and at 18 I’m not surprised by that. He has talent but will need to add a steel about him to make
It at the highest level but maybe he doesn’t want that and is just happy to make a good living.

Should we win 55 this year I would have no issues with him heading north for the party if he felt welcome to turn up. The more the merrier.

Clearly wanted to be closer to home and at 18 I’m not surprised by that. He has talent but will need to add a steel about him to make
It at the highest level but maybe he doesn’t want that and is just happy to make a good living.

Should we win 55 this year I would have no issues with him heading north for the party if he felt welcome to turn up. The more the merrier.

He's 21

I have a feeling he’ll end up at league 1 level or lower end championship subs bench.

Hold him no ill will. Guy just doesn’t have the mentality to be pressured into winning every week, it isn’t his fault.

A decent player but very much the product of an academy eduction and if he found things too tough and physical in Scotland then God help him in the English Championship!

Good luck to the lad.

I appreciate those who aren't wanting to turn this into a bashing thread. Fair play to them.

But never have I heard of professional footballer quitting a club after 4 months because he didn't like who he was playing against.

I don't wish the lad any harm but personally I doubt he will ever play at a high level with that kind of mentality

Wish him all the best in his career, he's played for the greatest team he will ever play for, it wasn't his fault the shirt was too heavy for him, he will look back on the European Nights at Ibrox as the highlight of his career, thanks for the goal and good luck in the future.

Wish him all the best and will watch with interest how he does.
It was better for everyone that he left....especially me as I found him incredibly frustrating as he had so much talent but couldn't do the simple things right. Might get a bit more time and space with Reading.

Good to see the the majority bear no ill will to the lad. There is definitely a player in there and hopefully it gets unleashed. I liked him and I liked what her brought to the team. For what it’s worth, I think he’ll re-emerge in the EPL probably via a championship club. Liverpool did not renew his contract last year because he was a “shitebag” so all that patter is just nonsense. Thanks for Ufa Ovie and all the best.

Best of luck to the boy, think his attitude will have to change for him to make it at a successful club no 9ne is going to stand around and admire your style you have to work hard.
Will do well at a Brentford, QPR, Reading near home and not too much pressure.

Liverpool coaches must be wondering why we have a young player who left a title challenge lead by stevie g to join a relegation battle with Reading, they'll look at him now and all they'll see is a quitter, he should have sucked it up for another 5 months, it would have made him stronger because of it.

No hassle, no pressure, near his family...he just wasn't up to the demands of a huge club where it's 24/7.

He certainly has ability but I am not sure he has the heart required to make it ate the top of the game...

Did he post anything on social media to say thanks to the supporters and Rangers' mgt team when he left?
That would have been a nice gesture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back