Partick Thistle At The Fanny

E10H

Partick Thistle has announced that in response to increasing numbers of girls and women attending its games last season, it is introducing “Kitbags” in every ladies and disabled toilet at Firhill. The Thistle branded bags, which are free, are filled with a range of sanitary products as well as a sweet treat.

The idea came from lifelong Jags fan Alison McGhee, who proposed that the Club should recognise the increasing numbers of women attending games and, rather than install machines, offer sanitary products free of charge – but with the addition of something sweet to deal with the accompanying sugar craving.

Thistle-kit-bags1-284x300.jpg

Supporter engagement officer, Beth Adamson helps Alison McGhee to put the kit bags together

Gerry Britton, PTFC Chief Executive and dad to four girls, explained the rationale behind the move:

“When we surveyed women fans earlier this year, it was clear that the Club was increasingly attractive to female fans. As we were looking at barriers to attendance, Alison got in touch with her proposal. It made sense that with increasing numbers of young women coming along with male family and friends that we made it easy for them if they needed to access sanitary products without embarrassment.

“The Kitbags came out of that conversation. It’s a small but important acknowledgement of the growing attendance of girls and women at games, done in a very Thistle-like way.”

An earlier suggestion of Alison’s led to the introduction of a Parent and Child room in the Jackie Husband Stand concourse, situated next door to the disabled toilet. There are baby changing facilities, seating for feeding and access to fresh water for fans who have brought babies and toddlers to the ground.

“When we surveyed women fans earlier this year, it was clear that the Club was increasingly attractive to female fans. As we were looking at barriers to attendance, Alison got in touch with her proposal. It made sense that with increasing numbers of young women coming along with male family and friends that we made it easy for them if they needed to access sanitary products without embarrassment".

Why's that then, do they have to buy their feminine products along with the Bovril and pies? In my day they had machines in the ladies, or being them, do their male family and friends identify as women and come into the Ladies with them?

Yes, as women definitely go to the football to get some free jam rags and a fucking dime bar from the cludgie.

Good stuff. But also -

'In nature, brightly coloured hair or plumage often signifies danger and that you should avoid and run the %^*& away'
- David Attenborough.

Gerry Britton father to 4 girls.

If they're all teenageŕs the odds are stacked that one of thems on the rag every phuckin week of the year.

I'm not for living in that house.

A sweet treat in the toilet? Nice.

Are birds partial to a Ferrero Rocher when they’re curling one off?

Seems a bit patronising if you ask me. What next free razors in the toilets for men that fancy a shave but can't afford them but somehow can afford a ticket for the football.
What about one of the guys in the bogs in the town, hands you the towel, aftershave sitting, lynx. Drop something in his tray if his services are used. Going to the bog is private,you normally like no lady's front bottom about and eye contact/talking aint what your in there for.

Gerry Britton father to 4 girls.

If they're all teenageŕs the odds are stacked that one of thems on the rag every phuckin week of the year.

I'm not for living in that house.
Good news for him is girls living together all tend to get it at the same time. Would be a hell of a week though.

Imagine you take your young daughter to the match, and she starts her period during the game, what do you do then?

Maybe they should be handing them out on street corners down Argyle Street for when they are shopping then? In the toilets on trains? As you enter the cinema?

Most women I've known tend to carry 'emergency supplies' in their handbags 'in case of emergency' - funnily enough.

Last edited:
Maybe they should be handing them out on street corners down Argyle Street for when they are shopping then? In the toilets on trains? As you enter the cinema?

Most women I've known tend to carry 'emergency supplies' in their handbags 'in case of emergency'.

When they're out shopping they can run to a shop.

This sort of thing does feel like a publicity stunt though.

Most women I've known tend to carry 'emergency supplies' in their handbags 'in case of emergency'.

Why do you care, it doesn't affect you as a guy.
If it helps even 1 woman or girl out in a time of need then its done its job.

Back