Match Thread ** Partick Thistle v Rangers - Betfred Cup QF - BT Sports **

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
TVwacNO.png

Last edited:
Guess all that matters is a win, no injuries or suspensions and hopefully some idea on shape/team for Saturday.

Does it go to extra time and penalties if it's a draw after ninety minutes? Could do with avoiding ET with Saturday in mind.

Apart from the keeper I think he will go with team that starts on Saturday

We better pump them tomorrow night. There's absolutely no reason we shouldn't.

Need to start putting teams away, too often we go a goal up but don't kill them off.

We better pump them tomorrow night. There's absolutely no reason we shouldn't.

Need to start putting teams away, too often we go a goal up but don't kill them off.
that happens to often this season we got them down but we dont knock them out

2-0.

We need a clean sheet.

I still think it will be a struggle though.

A convincing win. No injuries. A clean sheet.

I don't ask for much!

A sound win with no more injuries. Hopefully start of a good partnership with Morelos and Herrera.

A defeat is unthinkable going into Saturday. No pissing about when the second half starts and we should be fine.

We have to come out of this unscathed and with a win, there is no other option or else our heads will be in the wrong place going into the game against the scum.

Can't help but noticing our upcoming matches; Partick, bheggars, Hamilton, St. Johnstone and Aberdeen.

Bheggars, then two matches against teams battling for 2nd place.

Leave Miller on the bench and try something different up front. Get this won in the 90 minutes, stay free from more injuries, then we can see what Saturday brings.

Am working in Dorchester this week, hoping to take the game in...anyone know where to watch it or is it a RTV job? Much appreciated

Another hard fought game, if we can control the game like we did in the first half then I'm predicting 2-1

2-0 win and a good defensive display will do me.
Morelos to get another goal.
No-one gets injured as Partick are just animals.
By far the worst so far this season I have seen.
I did miss the Hiv's match tho.

If we play like we did on Friday - it'll be another squeeky bum game - we need to break quicker - that alone would make a big difference - but a win by any means is needed

Leave Miller on the bench and try something different up front. Get this won in the 90 minutes, stay free from more injuries, then we can see what Saturday brings.

Miller is being rested tomorrow according to Pedro

Can see us winning this one comfortably by two or three.

The team definitely needs to wake up for this game though and use it as a lift for going into Saturday - a good solid win should have everyone up and raring to go for the game against that lot.

think we will learn and batter them tomorrow, as sounds like Pena will start and can see him finally be given a game to pick holes in a team.

more concerned about any injuries we may pick up - some of those tackles / sorry assaults on Friday night were shocking - whos the ref ?

I'd be tempted to go 3-5-2/5-3-2 tomorrow night and if it works then it could be the way to play against Celtic on Saturday too.

Give Candeias a rest as he's going to have a hell of a shift on his hands on Saturday and play:

Wes/Alnwick
Cardoso Alves Wilson
Tav Dorrans Jack Holt/Pena John
Morelos Herrera

At the risk of sounding like Warburton, hopefully we'll see a reaction from the team and stick four past them.

A win and no injuries first and foremost.

Hopefully see a few goals so that players go into Saturday with some confidence.

Go with the strongest team possible as the League Cup is one we should be really aiming to win this season.

I just want to get it over and done with in 90 minutes with no injuries or suspensions. Why can this game not be next week instead

Back