Partick v Airdrie & Friday's other football

Could Thursday/Sunday not have been doable - Sky aren’t showing a bottom six game on the Sunday are they ?
Haven't made that decision yet and unlikely they would but it is BBC Scotland that are showing semi-final the games so that would factor into the scheduling

Also remember with the top 6 final day on the Saturday that meant any fixture movement had to be the Tuesday and without the title race it would have unlikely they would have been a fixture movement

I keep reading about these Avocado devouring West Enders on this forum.

Where do they sit ? Close ups of the Partick fans they all look like Neds and Jakies
They don't attend the matches. They sit up the west end observing via their apple devices, whilst sipping their lattes from an avocado.

Unlucky Airdrie, thought they were excellent but Thistle at the back were superb.

The two ties were excellent viewing, thoroughly enjoyable Scottish football viewing.

Thought Airdrie had a good shout for a penalty late on but it seemed to pass almost without comment.

McFadden's coupon is looking more like a razor burned scrotum every week. Is he a bevvy merchant?
He constantly looks like he has just got out a taxi from the night before, he will look rough on Sky tomorrow no doubt.

Doncaster pressing for the goal that would take them through to the League Two Play-Off Final. Thought they should have had a penalty in this 2nd half.

Doncaster 0-2 Crewe (2-2), 88 minutes.

Still didn't make it though. The different style was on show tonight. Partick won, but I wasn't impressed by them.
Airdrie were newly promoted into that league and were underdogs. Their football and their style of football got them to where they are and they were the better team tonight. I see more and more top flight clubs playing out from the back also and i think it's wrong to say you don't get anywhere in scotland playing that way. There aren't many route 1 teams now.

Airdrie were newly promoted into that league and were underdogs. Their football and their style of football got them to where they are and they were the better team tonight. I see more and more top flight clubs playing out from the back also and i think it's wrong to say you don't get anywhere in scotland playing that way. There aren't many route 1 teams now.
I hope your right, but I don't really think it's happening. That style of football needs to become natural to all the players and from what I see, we're still a far way short of that.

I want to see the other Scottish teams play to them standards, in european games, but we don't look near that.

IMG-4398.jpg

Not a pen said the referee :rolleyes:

Cracking game at Partick there, McCabe talks well and his team were fit and well drilled, would it be silly to offer him a coaching role at us?

I keep reading about these Avocado devouring West Enders on this forum.

Where do they sit ? Close ups of the Partick fans they all look like Neds and Jakies
As with most stereotypes, there is an element of truth to the west end, avacodo munchers, but Thistle have always had a sizeable ned element. Especially when Airdrie are in town.

Cracking game at Partick there, McCabe talks well and his team were fit and well drilled, would it be silly to offer him a coaching role at us?

It probably would - I can't imagine he would want to leave role as a player/manager (more latterly only manager) to be a coach at Rangers somewhere in the system.

Went along to Firhill tonight thought that was a good game

1st looked well offside and thought Airdrie were unlucky to not get a penalty
Also unlucky at the end with the woodwork

MOTM Brian Graham with Aidan Fitzpatrick a close 2nd

Pie was decent also

he played ok tonight he played out of his normal position because frizzell was injured and didnt play tonight and obviously he took his goal well, i'd love him back next season if it can happen
Think he's out of contract with us in the summer.
Yes wouldn't be surprised to see him back, the extensions we've offered to the youth are one year and on derisory terms supposedly.

Yes wouldn't be surprised to see him back, the extensions we've offered to the youth are one year and on derisory terms supposedly.

Doubt we would be offering big contracts to players like Lyall who probably don't have a future with us.

Are Crewe not the tims of England with the blind eye they turned to horrific child abuse over a long period?

Gutted my local team Airdrie lost tonight but maybe payback for allowing their horrible women's team to play at the stadium.

However, the Big Walk is here this year and it will be magic.

Back