Pathetic Quality From Castore

The real problem for Castore going forward is that they have to expand further and encourage other clubs to sign up with them. If they don’t, they face a huge revenue loss when we move on (will use that phrase as we don’t do walking away).

As it stands at the moment if I was an English Premiership side I wouldn’t touch them.

Got email back from them eventually -

Black home shirt - 25 % refund for the lettering ( quote and size ) on inside coming off within one wash .
Grey Training tee - 25 % refund for no sponsorship logo on front
Tracksuit players training 25 % refund for no zips on pockets

took about 10 emails and some back and forth - glad to draw a line under it all finally .

Wont be purchasing anything more until next season . Been s Sh1t show so for this season. They have had enough of my money , time and energy so far this campaign .

Let's hope they get their house in order before the 150 year celebrations.

25% refund? For faulty products? What am I missing?

25% refund? For faulty products? What am I missing?

I live in Auckland pal , i cant nip in and return stuff , id be out of pocked sending it back via courier . Black shirt is fine on the front and is just the intricate bit on the inside, the grey t shirt i actually perfer with out the sponsor and the track bottoms with no zip im not massively bothered with as they will just be worn around the house .

If i was in glasgow the lot would be taken straight back without question.

we are also in a lockdown over here in Auckland and the post office isn't running at normal capacity / its shut at present so returning it would be a bigger hassle .

WHY IS THE Rangers WEBSITE STILL ADVERTISING ITEMS THAT DON’T EXIST?

This is a big issue. They are advertising sweaters that NOBODY has seen or received. They are continuing to advertise Premium Sweater A knowing full well they will be posting out Cheap Sweater B.

This is illegal.

Because people are buying them then Castore trys to ignore them long enough for them to give up on a refund, and even if they persist they try and offer money off their next purchase etc, so they get to keep the cash. Its a bloody disgrace.

he
On the H&H update today they mentioned that Castore and Rangers set best case scenario sales targets and they have already exceeded them.

Obviously good news for the club who are making huge amounts of money but they absolutely have to start sorting out the issues, the fans have backed this deal enormously and are being let down by the quality of the product.

There is clearly huge potential here if they can get it right.
heard about this, surprised more people haven't been speaking about it

Fairly confident this will be resolved as the partnership continues. We gambled on an unknown. Mistakes have been made but I think it'll work out.
i agree, but they better get a move on and also start communicating

The real problem for Castore going forward is that they have to expand further and encourage other clubs to sign up with them. If they don’t, they face a huge revenue loss when we move on (will use that phrase as we don’t do walking away).

As it stands at the moment if I was an English Premiership side I wouldn’t touch them.
No idea what lower level EPL teams get from shirt sponsors, but Castore are a million miles away from sponsoring any of the top 10 EPL teams. They simply dont have the capital base to look at that sort of deal. I would not be at all surprised if the Beahons rue the day they took on the Rangers deal. It must have totally deflected their attention away from their existing business (or it bloody well should have) and that will have existing investors getting very jumpy. Going from premium sportswear in small volume to high volume at a lesser quality/price point is not an easy thing to do for an established business with access to proper business acumen. For these guys to tackle that took a lot of balls. Or a lack of brains.

No idea what lower level EPL teams get from shirt sponsors, but Castore are a million miles away from sponsoring any of the top 10 EPL teams. They simply dont have the capital base to look at that sort of deal. I would not be at all surprised if the Beahons rue the day they took on the Rangers deal. It must have totally deflected their attention away from their existing business (or it bloody well should have) and that will have existing investors getting very jumpy. Going from premium sportswear in small volume to high volume at a lesser quality/price point is not an easy thing to do for an established business with access to proper business acumen. For these guys to tackle that took a lot of balls. Or a lack of brains.
You think they’ll regret their turnover increasing by millions? They’ve over reached and made a dick of it but I don’t imagine many businesses regret increasing their revenue by millions of pounds.

I've just emailed concierge@rangersstore.co.uk as still waiting for a refund promised on 10th August within 14 days for un-delivered home top pre-ordered on 1st July.
Its now 10 days on from then and still no refund, top or offer of £25 voucher for their non-existant customer service.
Really pi**ed off with them. Should have paid by Paypal, at least I would have had my £65 refunded by now.
I did pay with Paypal and I've still not received my refund, is it easier via Paypal?

You think they’ll regret their turnover increasing by millions? They’ve over reached and made a dick of it but I don’t imagine many businesses regret increasing their revenue by millions of pounds.
Yes they may well regret it. Lots of businesses fail because they have over reached. Expanding too quickly is a common cause of business failure. Especially in a situation like this where not only have they expanded but they are having to refund or exchange a much higher than expected level of revenues already banked. If they are under funded ( and they probably are ) then their cash flow will be stretched pretty quickly. Turnover does NOT equal profit.

I've just emailed concierge@rangersstore.co.uk as still waiting for a refund promised on 10th August within 14 days for un-delivered home top pre-ordered on 1st July.
Its now 10 days on from then and still no refund, top or offer of £25 voucher for their non-existant customer service.
Really pi**ed off with them. Should have paid by Paypal, at least I would have had my £65 refunded by now.

They emailed me saying it can take 30 days to return my money.

This of course is mentioned nowhere on the website.

I wouldn't expect the Q&A to do a great deal other than offer fairly predictable platitudes and excuses, but it shows that this is not a little bubble on FF that is having an issue as some want to believe. It's evidently on a large enough scale that they're having to address the issues and communications quite head-on.

The likelihood is that they'll certainly get next season to improve things as the money has largely been made this season so nobody should expect the contract to be ripped up at this stage.

If the same happens next season, then I would think there's every chance things might have to change. It's a PR shambles and the potential of sales won't be realised on an ongoing basis for years if it's a recurring problem.

I applied for my refund on the 11th May and I still don’t have my money back.

They officially say within 120 days now. Our holiday was cancelled in early May and we got the refund around 21 August. Keep an eye on your bank account because I got nothing at all from Virgin Holidays, it just appeared as a credit on my Credit Card.

They officially say within 120 days now. Our holiday was cancelled in early May and we got the refund around 21 August. Keep an eye on your bank account because I got nothing at all from Virgin Holidays, it just appeared as a credit on my Credit Card.
I am apparently getting it within the next 14 days. We’ll see.

Still nothing.

Informed American Express, the transactions are there for them to see, story explained and money in my account within 24 hours as they now proceed to recover fees from Castore.

Got an email yesterday saying castore were refunding me because Hermes lost my hone kit I was trying to return. Anyone had a refund . How many days from the email for the money to hit your account ?

If Castore have anything about them at all, they need to go back to what they claim are their core principles. Quality over quantity being one .

Churning out dross , tracksuits , jumpers and so on is naff and not what we want . We want first and foremost a quality kit , then some quality training gear, and we want our lifeblood infant and junior kits done properly as priority , not an afterthought .

So far it’s a 5/10 for them and a lot of bears waiting to see how they are going to improve things before spending any more hard earned. I’m willing to free down to their naivety but our patience isn’t endless.

I think an apology on behalf of Castore and Rangers should have been within that email.

Both have a long way to go before I’ll be confident and convinced to buy.

I think an apology on behalf of Castore and Rangers should have been within that email.

Both have a long way to go before I’ll be confident and convinced to buy.

Christmas would be a time they’d see a huge spike in sales, but they need to get their act together and fast for it to happen

After reading all the horror stories, having the pleasure of witnessing the "quality" of the merchandise first hand and the deafening silence from both parties involved I have come to conclude that it is a mickey mouse outfit out for a quick buck without much outlay and the club has treated the fans with the usual contempt, as long as the cash registers are ringing all is good. There can be no excuse really for either.

I received an email confirmation last night for a training top that never arrived, was 50.50 on total and only received 45.00 back

I thought it's only fair to provide an update also.

I sent my order back by royal mail recorded delivery. It got there the following day. I didn't chase Castore with emails to see how the refund would be handled. I received my refund 9 days after Royal Mail had confirmed the order had been received. I received an email the day before confirming the refund would be processed.

I actually think this is a good service for a refund. I've had similar, better, and worst experiences with online sales/refunds before.

I was also offered a voucher of £25, which I intend to spend on the pro version of the kit. I really hope the quality of that exceeds any standard kit I've ever had.
Hopefully, not much longer until that is available.

They need to have it right for Christmas. Fans want to be able to buy gifts and what little goodwill is left with castore will rapidly disappear if we can't do that

I sent my order back by royal mail recorded delivery. It got there the following day. I didn't chase Castore with emails to see how the refund would be handled. I received my refund 9 days after Royal Mail had confirmed the order had been received. I received an email the day before confirming the refund would be processed.

I actually think this is a good service for a refund. I've had similar, better, and worst experiences with online sales/refunds before.

I was also offered a voucher of £25, which I intend to spend on the pro version of the kit. I really hope the quality of that exceeds any standard kit I've ever had.
Fair enough mate.

I had to go through PayPal for a refund and nobody at the club has even acknowledged that. No sniff of a 25 quid voucher either.

Wee update on the response to my emails. I was so pissed off last week I took a punt and made an educated guess at James Bisgrove’s email.

I got a response from him today apologising for the inconvenience and to see if my issue had been resolved.

My response was along the lines of we would just like a bit of honesty, even if that means we have to wait a bit longer for a restock. The quality of the products must be worthy of the Rangers badge.

He responded saying they had meetings with Castore planned all next week to focus on precisely what I describe.

Hopefully we’ll hear more in the coming days. I think the fact there’s very little stock online is a good sign for sorting things out.

What happened to you?

Just wondering why you got a £25 voucher and I didn't?

Back