Patterson sale - value of our other top players?

Gazza 8

Official Ticketer
Now that we've finally got that big sale it sets a standard for our other top players and gives us a more accurate sense of what the rest of our top assets are worth.

For me..

Aribo - £20M - £25M
Kamara - £18M - £22M
Kent - £15M - £20M
Morelos - £15M - £20M
Hagi - £10M - £15M
Barisic - £7M - £10M

Factoring in contract situations etc.. how do you value our most linked players?.. realistically.

Goldson will leave on a free and Tav won't be sold so have left them out.

@Gazza 8
I don’t see those being remotely realistic.
Time left on contract is a big factor.
I think Aribo’s value will start to depreciate as his contract is running down.
Kamara is probably our most saleable player with regards profit to contract time.
Could be wrong though.

Now that we've finally got that big sale it sets a standard for our other top players and gives us a more accurate sense of what the rest of our top assets are worth.

For me..

Aribo - £20M - £25M
Kamara - £18M - £22M
Kent - £15M - £20M
Morelos - £15M - £20M
Hagi - £10M - £15M
Barisic - £7M - £10M

Factoring in contract situations etc.. how do you value our most linked players?.. realistically.

How to start an argument on FF 101 :))

For me..

Aribo - £20M - £25M
Kamara - £18M - £22M
Kent - £15M - £20M
Morelos - £15M - £20M
Hagi - £10M - £15M
Barisic - £7M - £10M

Aribo Kent and Kamara are worth 25 million each but they cannot be allowed to leave till at least the summer.

For me..

Aribo - £20M - £25M
Kamara - £18M - £22M
Kent - £15M - £20M
Morelos - £15M - £20M
Hagi - £10M - £15M
Barisic - £7M - £10M

Probably Struggle to get that kinda money for Hagi IMO

Morelos £10m-£15m
Aribo £16m-£19m
Kent £14m-£17m
Barisic £4m-£6m
Hagi £8m-£11m
Kamara £15m-£18m
Nailed it apart from Borna which I would put 6-8m.

Most realistic fees I’ve seen on here. Always good to remember the sell on % is a massive part of the deal. Patterson’s final fee will end up closer to 25m imo.

Aribo, Kent and Morelos can sign a pre-contract with another club 11 months and 29 day from now.

Their values will be a lot less because of that.

The first thing we should be doing with the Patterson money is getting new contracts to the likes of aribo Kent kamara and Morelos

Is Nathan away?
tranfers in January are sometimes panic.
everton are in trouble if they are paying £12m plus for Patterson.

At the start of the window I’d of said:

Aribo - £15M
Morelos - £15M
Barisic - £5M
Helander - £8M
Hagi - £10M
Kent - £15M
Sakala -£5M
Goldson - £2M
Kamara - £15M
Patterson - £9M
Bassey - £5M
Roofe - £8M

Not many assets outwith this lot I think and with Patterson going for significantly more then it helps us demand more for our players. We need to sell and reinvest when the money is right however.

Is Nathan away?
tranfers in January are sometimes panic.
everton are in trouble if they are paying £12m plus for Patterson.

Sorry but could not disagree more with this. The 12-16mil for NP is an absolute steal for a club like Everton.

He's 20 years old, a full Scotland International, has European experience and has generally performed well every time he's played for us. His potential is massive and to an EPL club 12mil is absolute chicken feed. Complete donkeys go for 20mil plus in that league. Why our fans feel the need to devalue our players I will never understand.

It's a good deal for all involved!

Sorry but could not disagree more with this. The 12-16mil for NP is an absolute steal for a club like Everton.

He's 20 years old, a full Scotland International, has European experience and has generally performed well every time he's played for us. His potential is massive and to an EPL club 12mil is absolute chicken feed. Complete donkeys go for 20mil plus in that league. Why our fans feel the need to devalue our players I will never understand.

It's a good deal for all involved!
Fair enough.

Considering Roofe is injury prone and Sakala is unproven, I wouldn’t take less than £20m for Morelos. Selling him in January would be shooting ourselves in the foot.
We are not getting anywhere near £20 million pounds .
How many windows has there been and he s still here.
If he keeps playing well till the end of thr season then possibly £15 million.

At the start of the window I’d of said:

Aribo - £15M
Morelos - £15M
Barisic - £5M
Helander - £8M
Hagi - £10M
Kent - £15M
Sakala -£5M
Goldson - £2M
Kamara - £15M
Patterson - £9M
Bassey - £5M
Roofe - £8M

Not many assets outwith this lot I think and with Patterson going for significantly more then it helps us demand more for our players. We need to sell and reinvest when the money is right however.
Not a bad effort mate :). Not sure why Roofe has went up in value right enough. I'd have Bassey at £10m and a few other changes.

Kent, Aribo and Morelos will only have a year left by the summer.

That depresses their value, although Celtic still got good money for Ajer and Edouard in that situation.

I think it all depends where they go, if it's the EPL then it's more than you'd get anywhere else.

For me..

Aribo - £20M - £25M
Kamara - £18M - £22M
Kent - £15M - £20M
Morelos - £15M - £20M
Hagi - £10M - £15M
Barisic - £7M - £10M

You are way way off, far too high. The true value will only be known when bids are made. If there is only one club bidding then price stays lower than an auction situation.
IMO we’ll never get £10m for Hagi or £15m for Alfie again.

Clichés for beginners, Players are only worth what the buyer / buyers want to pay.
Came to say the same thing, but these chats should always be framed as "what's the minimum amount we could accept for x"

Hagi - 4
Morelos - 15
Kamara - 18
Aribo - 17
Kent - 18

I think those are the minimums, but structure of the deal with sell ons and what not might change it. Couldn't see us selling for less though.

Very naive. High potential players fetch high fees across Europe. You can’t apply those fees to guys in their mid to late twenties.

Came to say the same thing, but these chats should always be framed as "what's the minimum amount we could accept for x"

Hagi - 4
Morelos - 15
Kamara - 18
Aribo - 17
Kent - 18

I think those are the minimums, but structure of the deal with sell ons and what not might change it. Couldn't see us selling for less though.
Think that's a fair assessment

Considering Roofe is injury prone and Sakala is unproven, I wouldn’t take less than £20m for Morelos. Selling him in January would be shooting ourselves in the foot.

No mate. This is how it works. Sell your best players then use the money to "reinvest and strengthen" the team. The more we sell, the better we get.

Morelos £10m-£15m
Aribo £16m-£19m
Kent £14m-£17m
Barisic £4m-£6m
Hagi £8m-£11m
Kamara £15m-£18m
Now knock off 25-33% because it’s the Scottish Market they’re buying from.

It’s not exactly rocket science to realise Scottish Clubs make very little money due to the country being a backwater, ergo said Clubs will be keen to sell regardless of what they may suggest.

That puts the buyers at an advantage where they will always lowball and move very slowly upwards knowing it’s more likely the selling club will be the one to move its valuation first and furthest.

Values can never really be worked out depending if two teams like a certain player could see bids a lot higher, also any bids from the rich EPL will be hopefully higher.

Nobody really knows we’ll have what we believe they’re worth but that may not match which interested clubs value them at

Aribo - £20m
Kamara - £15m
Kent - £15m
Morelos - £15m
Hagi - £10m
Barisic - £6m

These prices are if sold to EPL clubs.

The first thing we should be doing with the Patterson money is getting new contracts to the likes of aribo Kent kamara and Morelos
Kamaras just got one. I doubt we can offer Aribo what he wants, he will be gone by the summer I’m afraid

An EPL club with a billionaire owner desperate to stay in the league can be screwed to the floor, others must pay the going rate, Wilson is no mug.

Back