Patterson

I’ve seen Patterson a few times and I’m just not sure I see what everyone else does with him.

I’m willing to give him time to develop and it’ll be good for him to be back up for a season but he’s nowhere near Tavs level (yet).
What do you mean “your willing to give him time” he’s 18 FFS.

Of course he needs time

Last edited:
I like him, hope he continues to get opportunities this season as he’ll take over from Tav eventually.

He needs some regular game time at a senior level to develop. I won't be surprised if he goes out on loan if we can get someone in.

We are heavily exposed at full back with Bassey and Patterson having virtually zero experience at senior level.

Yeah.

Im willing to give him time to develop before judging him as a player. I was merely just giving my initial thoughts on him.

Incredible how sensitive some are on here these days.

Could you not have said that the first time? Your post came across as if you were full of self importance. This sensitive soul is off to ones kip.

Don’t see what harm it would do starting him on Sunday , show tav that he’s not droppable

I’ve seen Patterson a few times and I’m just not sure I see what everyone else does with him.

I’m willing to give him time to develop and it’ll be good for him to be back up for a season but he’s nowhere near Tavs level (yet).

I've seen Tav plenty of times and I don't see what people rave about him, never a captain in a million years, caught out regularly and his shooting and crossing is diabolical for a Rangers player. Patterson can't do any worse and we should be blooding youngsters in the wider areas.

For a young player he seems to have confidence in his ability which can only help his development.
As has been said above he didn't allow a poor pass shortly after coming on to affect his game.

Mate not being funny. I had you on ignore for ages and can now remember why.

If you won a car in a 50p a go raffle, you would moan about the colour of it.

It would absolutely crush me if he got half the abuse Tav gets if he messes up, got knows what it would do for him still learning and developing.

But at some point we gotta just give these boys a chance. Football is ruthless. Either good or onto the next

We should be looking at getting him similar minutes to what Frimpong got with them last season

Give him a few chances then fling him in for a solid run in the team

He’ll be a different player when he’s got some minutes under his belt

If the number two spot was purely about defending young Patterson would be fighting Tav for the jersey. The boy is a tremendous prospect. I look forward to seeing lot more of him this season.

We've a couple of soft home games coming up.

I'd like to see him get 90 minutes, especially against St Mirren.

We've a couple of soft home games coming up.

I'd like to see him get 90 minutes, especially against St Mirren.

This is exactly what should be getting done but Gerrard is extremely stubborn and wont give any youngster a chance. The team that hammered us last night have not started shaving yet, FFS there was a 17 year old playing. Can you imagine Gerrard playing any of those guys last night in our team?

This is exactly what should be getting done but Gerrard is extremely stubborn and wont give any youngster a chance. The team that hammered us last night have not started shaving yet, FFS there was a 17 year old playing. Can you imagine Gerrard playing any of those guys last night in our team?
This will be Gerrards chance to show us we're wrong and that he is willing to promote youngsters. Patterson is clearly good enough to be getting minutes now.

That 17 yo is exceptional though, big difference than putting a developing player under the spotlight.

He has what I seen in the little of Billy Gilmour I watched, no fear. And when you have that it's exciting. His diagonal ball was beautiful. Seen him in preseason being pressed in the corner and still he managed to pass it out. Very excited for the lad.

Back