Paul McGowan pleads guilty to spitting on bouncer outside city nightclub

Bonnyloyal

Dundee FC footballer has Paul McGowan has pleaded guilty to spitting on a bouncer outside a city nightclub.

The offence took place outside Underground on South Tay Street during a night out with teammates on Monday, May 14 at around 2am.

McGowan, 30, of Kelvin Drive, Airdrie, pleaded guilty to assaulting Andrew MacLaughlan at Dundee Sheriff Court today.

Sheriff John Rafferty said to McGowan: “You are pleading guilty to the charge that on May 14 at the locus referred to in Dundee, you assaulted the named person in the complaint, a door steward, and you spat at him?”

McGowan confirmed this was correct.

The sheriff deferred sentence until July 16 for a criminal justice social work report and restriction of liberty assessment. Bail was granted in the meantime

Serious questions will need to be asked if he doesn't get jailed this time. Numerous assaults on police officers prior to this.

He comes across as a little gimp. Would love to boot him up and down the place.

You just know that he'll get a bit of community service and a small fine.

Three separate assaults on police officers and this? He deserves some time with Big Bubba ...

Hes got to be the guy you know who is quite normal then the more drink taken you see the heid turning.
Jail time is coming id say.

You just know that he'll get a bit of community service and a small fine.

Three separate assaults on police officers and this? He deserves some time with Big Bubba ...

And then next time when he get's second prizes he'll be the vicTim.

mentally challenged rhat should be deported. Not sure where to, but anywhere far away will do.

he's creating jobs

with the impending Paul McGowan Court offices in order to deal with his deluge of cases

some American states have the 3 strike rule
Paul McGowan has the 3000 strike rule

If he doesn't get a serious sentence this time you have to wonder what the Police will be thinking - the guy's basically allowed to act with impunity towards them.

The guy is a fking bam who needs a custodial sentence for his own good.

But he IS a tim, so you never know with the PF these days.

He's had the tag and community service,both are alternatives to custody.He probably just made it by the skin a his baws getting community service the last time. MUST get 3 month this time.

Why ? Everyone says they would rather get smacked than spat on.

If he spat on me he would get his haw maws booted. Can't go that spitting carry on its fucking vile, nothing surprises me about that wee skinny rhat though. Hope he gets banged up.

He really is a horrible wee dick - still don't really understand why he hasn't be locked up yet. He's not a Celtic player and is hardly important enough to deserve any special treatment.

How he's avoided the jail i'll never know.
From the legal standpoint it's because he's got a steady job,people have spoken well in his favour in his social enquiry reports and he's been given the benefit of the doubt,twice. Not this time,he's exhausted all other avenues. See how hard he is when he comes out.I reckon he'll go teetotal.

£200 fine and a slap on the wrist, make a lady's front bottom of him and give him a few hundred hours CS and hope someone snaps pics of him and plasters it nation wide all over social media and the rags.

Going to the Underground club in Dundee tells me everything I need to know about him. He’ll not get the jail probably a belter of a fine imo. They’ll spare him the jail because he’s plead guilty etc

You would hope wee Neil slaps him with a disrepute charge no matter the result in the courts and lands the wee prick on his arse out the door.

Won't be surprised if this wee ned walks away with a fine.Seems like an untouchable when it comes to justice.But sing the Billy Boys and it's a different story. Justice system in this cuntary stinks.

Back