Pedro discusses the signing of Pena and his off field problems

They've seemingly filmed quite an interesting interview but will only release 2 minute long snippets of it for some reason

I remember arguing and nearly getting banned he should have been sacked after the first few weeks before we gave him money to piss away….

an utterly mental, full on batshit mental appointment. An absolute charlatan of a manager.
Was it his first game where we somehow ended up playing with 1 centre half iirc?

I remember arguing and nearly getting banned he should have been sacked after the first few weeks before we gave him money to piss away….

an utterly mental, full on batshit mental appointment. An absolute charlatan of a manager.
Wonder if the Board must cringe at the sight of the guy(Pedro) who's probably more suited to a waiter in the Argyle. I know I do as a supporter,really set us back. Thankfully we'll never return to that state.

Remember buzzing over signing pena. Then I saw him play and read about his issues.

Bad memories and tried to erase them. Thanks for this

He had 20+ caps for Mexico, and the YouTube ( i know...) clips suggested he was a talented player..... but he had a drink problem ffs!!

His career was already in major decline due to drink, and he knew the demons hadn't been banished, yet sanctioned a £3m purchase. Probably thought he was the man to sort him out, but the only man who could do that was Carlos, who had no desire to do it.

Shocking signing by a guy whose ego was substantially larger than his ability.

Caixinha didnt work out and was in hindsight a bad appointment.

but he did come with decent experience from Mexico and during his time i dont think theres ever been so many terrible refereeing decisions against us
The refereeing we were subject was really abysmal, and these 'mistakes' easily cost us double figure points that season.

The board couldn't have two more polar opposite manager hirings with Caixinha and then Gerrard. I don't really count Murty.

I don't know if should be worried or excited for who's next after Gerrard.
I’m usually quite calm about these things but, not now, not this one.
I can’t see us getting as big a name as Gerrard.
Not that this is the top priority.
Right now though, I’d just chain him to his desk until he signs a fifty year contract.

Remember when he made his debut at Ibrox, it was like someone in the crowd had won a raffle to get a game for the team, looked overweight and could hardly run.
Then the same player looked brilliant against Aberdeen when we gubbed them at Ibrox

I think with Pena there was a player in there, just a pity it was in beside a raging boozer who didn't want to be here.

Back