Pena ready to resume his Rangers career

If I understand correctly - he hasn't trained sufficiently over the last 6 months to warrant a regular place in any squad - let alone gain match fitness or form that is normally only achieved by regular game time.

Considering McAuley recently said he's suffering from a missed pre-season training regime - what would we expect SG to make of Pena ?

I can't help thinking this 'comeback' refers to his journey to Glasgow to sort out the contractual termination details and has nothing to do with what could, or most probably couldn't happen, on the pitch

We have a terrible habit of talking players down then show surprise when we need to pay them off, look at Pedro with the MOH stuff stating in a press conference he was basically useless and would never play again, thus making said player basically worthless.

Gerrard is not stupid, if he feels he can motivate Pena which in itself would be a first then surely he is much easier to sell? The scum have over inflated there player valuations for years and I believe we are now wise to this model and it will pay dividends for us shortly!!

He will be paid off in January I'm sure. There will always be a club somewhere taken in by fees paid and 'Mexican international' who will take a chance on him.

A coincidence that sky showed the back to back sheep games 3-0 and 2-1 with Pena to the fore.
Hope he does well when he returns.
Disappointed with the language used to describe him.
Don't understand the get to f@@k stuff, if you don't think he's not good enough fair enough,
But abusive language isn't needed.

I quickly read the thread title and though it was a Freudian slip:

Pena ready to consume his rangers career.

A coincidence that sky showed the back to back sheep games 3-0 and 2-1 with Pena to the fore.
Hope he does well when he returns.
Disappointed with the language used to describe him.
Don't understand the get to f@@k stuff, if you don't think he's not good enough fair enough,
But abusive language isn't needed.
Mate, he wiped his nose on a pair of Rangers shorts when he moved. I take that as a metaphor for how he feels about us. He can GTF!

I like to see Gerrard try and work his magic on him, similar to what he has done with Morelos and Halliday.

Who knows, most folk had Morelos written of before Gerrard got hold of him.

Tbf the same folk who were very wanting Morelos punted for ginger bottles are the same folk who still insist Pena is a world class player who just needs a cuddle.

Thats victimisation. We wouldnt have a leg to stand on if he went to the players union. I would be exploring cutting our losses, three clubs in a row hes made a mess of it.

It's more than 3 , his career was already in the shitter when we signed him. Plenty of folk posted ( Spanish language) articles from the likes of ESPN but they were dismissed as media trouble making (Mexican journos pyoor hate the Rangers) and it only got wise when folk here decided he was Rolls Royce and started doing the mental gymnastics arguing how good he was.

Last edited:
Well, SG did give Sadiq an opportunity from nowhere in a Cup semi-Final so who knows...

Maybe Morelos has been telling his friend how different life at Ibrox is now. Maybe, maybe...

I’d imagine he’ll come back, train and we might see the odd appearance on the bench. It’ll be a sore one having to pay him off.

In the interview with Windass yesterday he was suggesting Pena and Herrera did not train well. Hardly a big shock but I really can't see Gerrard being impressed with Pena and his attitude, he will end up keeping Sadiq company. Gerrard will have to work miracles to get him to apply himself properly

if he's screwed the nut, got himself fit again, then why not give him another chance?

In regards to his form in his homeland, i saw somewhere on here he was always being played out of position.

I am for one hoping the gaffer gives him a shot to prove he's worth it
He’s clearly not screwed the nut or got himself fit otherwise he’d have played a helluva lot more than what he has done these past few months and he wouldn’t have had two loan deals both terminated early.

Will trust the gaffer with this one. Seems to be good at sussing people out and man managing. He'll take stock of CP and make his decision.

Ideally he tidies himself up and goes on to be the number 10 we need. Only time will tell.

Coming back for one reason only - to bleed us dry.

If he was worth a fck, there would be clubs in the Americas looking to sign him up.

Is this not the same player, Who Spat On Our Top, unfortunately we have no choice on this matter, plus looks, reading quite a few Sniffies on this thread.

Is this not the same player, Who Spat On Our Top, unfortunately we have no choice on this matter, plus looks, reading quite a few Sniffies on this thread.
He rubbed his nose on a pair of Rangers shorts, deliberately in my view.
He us a waste of space and won't make it here.

Gerrard has managed to get the best out of Tavernier, Halliday, Candeias and Morelos.

We're stuck with him regardless, as nobody at the moment would take him, so we should at least give Gerrard the chance to see if he can see anything in him.

I personally can't see him playing for us again, but Gerrard should be given the chance to assess him like he would anyone else.

Mexican football isn't on UK TV so there might be a temptation to think he has improved. He hasn't.

I watched Necaxa v Pumas in August. Pena comes on around the 70th minute mark and doesn't touch the ball for a whole 8 minutes.

Then fell over it not too much longer.

Total dud. I'd love Mark Allen to do his magic but I'm afraid we just need to let him go by paying him off and cut our losses.

He nose(sic) he's not good enough...stay in tequila land ,maybe the sun will rise on your 'career' again Arnold but somehow I think not.

If he's motivated to prove a point then he deserves a last chance if Gerrard is willing to give it. The fact that he was dealing with alcohol problems and not keeping himself in shape and still got 4 goals in 12 league games shows there's still a player in there.

Francis Jeffers
Evil Ostenstad
Emerson
Kevin Kyle
Fran Sandaza

Many more worse than Pena.

In relative terms given the money we spent on him at a time when every penny counts, he’s top 5 worst signings of all time for me.

Morelos has never been an alkie or had any issues with his work ethic. There’s a massive difference in attitude between these two. The fact Necaxa and Cruz Azul have both ditched him early is proof that he’s still a shambles.
Neither of these teams have Steven Gerrard at the helm.

Don't under estimate Gerrards management, the difference in our whole teams attitude in the past 6 months is black and white.

I think SG will be fair and give him a chance to impress

but

I just can’t see him being the type of player SG warms to

it won’t end well for either of us

Mexican football isn't on UK TV so there might be a temptation to think he has improved. He hasn't.

I watched Necaxa v Pumas in August. Pena comes on around the 70th minute mark and doesn't touch the ball for a whole 8 minutes.

Then fell over it not too much longer.

Total dud. I'd love Mark Allen to do his magic but I'm afraid we just need to let him go by paying him off and cut our losses.
What the f*ck is that abortion of an avatar?

He looks fatter now than when we first signed him. If he knuckles down he should be fit by May....

He clearly did not enjoy being in Scotland and had one chance (2 actually given Necaxa took over his loan from Crus Azul) to get to return to Mexico permanently. All he had to do was get his shi* together and make a half decent effort at getting fit and contributing.

That was beyond him. 3 clubs in less than a year have got shot of him ASAP, and now we get landed with the fat waster again. He has talent but zero commitment.

Put him on the training regime from hell if he comes back.

So if Gerrard is willing to give him a chance you'll refuse to support him? Weird comment to make about a Rangers player.

So you're willing to support him after he wipes his nose with Rangers clothing? He knew what he was doing.

1. I'll be very surprised if Gerrard gives him a chance.
2. If he does, no, he won't get my support.

Gerrard should and will take a look at him in training up until january,he has a contract with us so he might as well see if he can add something to the squad.

Being honest i will be surprised if it does not end with us having to pay him off.

I hope SG and his team have a look at him and properly hammer him through a pre-season between now and the cup game after the winter break. If nothing else, it’ll let them see straight away if he has the desire, ability and personality that they look for in their players.

Rossiter and Pena as the two points of the diamond midfield anyone?

I fear your last line will be correct though.

Footballers get contracts of employment that seem to enable them to get paid for absolutely nothing. Ive always found this very strange. If Pena turns up and pisses about for 18 more months we'll still pay him. Wish I could do that.

I hope we have approached the Council for planning permission for the Pedro / Pena statue outside Ibrox to be erected when the Rolls Royce fires us to 55.

Shame he won't do the dignified thing and just walk. He's gonna dig his heels in and make sure he get's a severance deal.

I'd love to see the optimistic fans be right and see him come good, but this is modern football and a modern player. He doesn't need to prove anything he can just keep taking money and then f*ck off somewhere across the globe. What does he care about proving anything to Rangers fans or British football.

The sad thing is once he gets his pay off, him and his agent will con another team. It won't be as easy as it was with us now he's got another year of nothing on his CV but there will be a mexican team desperate enough to take him and hope he comes good, if not a US team, China, UAE or Kazakstan, etc, they'll con someone else.

What have we got to lose in giving him a chance? Nobody is gonna take him on loan unless we cover most the wages. Let him train and see what happens. We need a number 10 to play behind buffalo, if we pay him off we are probably going to go pay a fee plus wages for a similar player anyway who might end up being worse (albeit without the personal issues).

Gerrards already said he’s looking for a number 10 next transfer window the last person it’ll be is Pena ffs.

Let him train and see what happens..are you willing to take that risk in him posing about in training?

Get him to %^*&

Latest posts

Back