Penalties for Handball

He caught the fucking thing:D
Did he mean too, Never?You have been brainwashed with all this arm/handball shi&# nowadays. It's killing the game, no one talks much about the actual game it's a fuc&£n seminar on what was a hand ball or not at the end of almost every match.

Basic handball in the box was never a talking point until recently, only if it was blatant and stopped the ball going into the net or stopped a goal scoring chance was it ever really discussed.
If a ref see’s that and doesn’t give it he’s getting punished. There could’ve been plenty of penalty calls in recent weeks to use as an example to prove your point but that’s not one of them.

He caught the fucking thing:D

It got trapped briefly under arm, an arm in an entirely natural position in relation to his attempted clearance.

Big yins body was playing catch up with his mind in his attempt to avoid giving the penalty.

Harsh penalty at any time, until this season.

So healthy discussion and disagreement, fair enough however going back to the original point I made how can we make it fairer for every team rather than this nonsense of a penalty for almost every hand/arm ball in the box that the attacking team were never going to score from anyway?

And would it be a stonewall decision up until about 2 or 3 seasons ago when this nonsense came in?

If that's a celtic player in an old firm any time in the last 100+ years we are all screaming for a penalty and judging ref as biased if not given... Guaranteed!

Off the top off my head I can only think off 2 situations regarding us and handball in the box, both against them in Cup finals John Greig making a save on the line which was a Stone Waller and Derek Johnstone on the line which wasnt. That's it. No other major talking points that I can think off however please tell me off anymore yous can think off? (Probably some of yous haven't a clue what I'm talking about )Nowadays it's a talking point in every match . Simply nowadays its sh$#. but become the norm to discuss unfortunately.

Ball bounces up and hit Gough on the hand at Parkhead. Penalty. Cuellar saved one as well. Sent off.

The Dundee United penalty was the clearest one I’ve ever seen, basically caught the ball :D
OIP.ffaExvoTkep7211tm-bqUgHaFj

What is a natural position when you swing your boot to clear a ball and it bounces up and gets trapped against your arm and body never in a million years did he mean to handle it. 20 penguins we will need on a park shortly . A total farce the game has become. This sort of incident was never a talking point up until the last 2 or 3 seasons
You can not mean to break someones leg but your still sent off for doing it.

It probably is but D utd were never going to score from the situation then they gain a penalty where they are favourites to score. If they made it 25 yards then its not so clear cut that they would score. The 25 yard penalty spot would only be for situations like this not for normal clear cut penalties.. Only a suggestion to a compromise on this nonsense every week, if you dont agree fair enough.
Not for me. Stupid rule, dont do something else daft to sort something daft.

It can be contentious and subjective but ball to hand or delibrate handball is the only thing that makes sense.

Until recently, I would never be looking for a penalty that was entirely accidental.

It was accidental today by a country mile, the guy did everything to avoid giving away a penalty here.

Even now I'm sympathetic to the big diddy.
I’m afraid you can’t not give penalties because it was an accident and he didn’t mean it

I think football authorities have needlessly tied themselves in knots over this rule to the point where many games are being ruined.

IMO, a solution would be that for a deliberate handball a penalty be awarded and a yellow card, or red for denying goal scoring chance, be awarded, i.e. as it should be now.

However, if the ball just strikes the arm/ hand of a defender, accidentally, either for a shot towards goal or preventing a cross reaching a teammate, an indirect free kick be awarded to attacking team thus they retain possession and have a chance of either scoring directly with a deflected strike at goal or gain the opportunity to work a goal scoring chance.

And thirdly, for an accidental strike of defender's arm/hand where no advantage is gained there should be no award i.e. play on.

Some may say this makes it more complicated, IMO whatever the award it would make it clear to those watching how the referee has interpreted the handball.

Haha anyone claiming that isn't or shouldn't be a penalty is clearly at it.

It is literally the most stonewall of stonewall penalty decisions you could possibly get.

This is still the best non-penalty I jave ever seen. The tims went mental!!

Funnily enough they mentioned this in the hearts game last night. As they were using goal line technology for the first time. Billy Dodds piped up yeah celtic could have used it against Inverness. Er no billy goal line technology isn't var

Back