People comparing Clement to Beale at 2-0

Beale was never 2-0 down to a team like Dundee to start with. He was beaten by Celtic, Aberdeen, and Kilmarnock in the league. Pretty much our 3 hardest games. He would have been slaughtered getting beat off Motherwell and Ross County, while also going pretty much every game with a pathetic first half display, and no style within the team.

I'm not defending Beale but we were 2-1 down at Pittodrie in injury time and won.

Behind to Hibs twice and won
Behind to Celtic and drew
Behind to Killie and won

All dead rubbers as well. Just like tonight.

Why? That is now consistently happening in our games now. We have kept 1 clean sheet in about 10 games. We had no shape or game plan at all in that first half.

There is every right to criticise, and coming back to win 5-2 is only papering over the cracks.
Scoring 5 goals in response to conceding 2 is not papering over cracks. Our squad is fecked. What was the message on here after Beale? Was the general notion not that he had set us back a decade after the summer transfer window? There has been a catastrophic collapse, but has that not happened with the same core of players for a number of seasons now?

Reactions: ao2
I missed my first home game in around 8 years tonight - in fact the last home game I missed was the one that secured our promotion to the Premiership.

Anyway - I took in the comments in the match thread for the first time and I was pishing myself at the utter crap written in there. I thought the summer transfer threads were bad - this was outrageous.

Scoring 5 goals in response to conceding 2 is not papering over cracks. Our squad is fecked. What was the message on here after Beale? Was the general notion not that he had set us back a decade after the summer transfer window? There has been a catastrophic collapse, but has that not happened with the same core of players for a number of seasons now?
This is papering over the cracks. Do you honestly think we would have come back from 2 down if we were still in with an actual chance of winning the title? No, we would have shat the bed yet again.

Beale had left him the worst Rangers team since 2017/18. 9 points dropped in the first 7 games.

Isn't Clement's fault.

To some of the support who left Ibrox when we went 2 nil down, utterly laughable and embarrassing behaviour, acting like spoiled weans.

There were kids there who stayed to the final whistle, to support the team.

That's all I have to say about you lot.

Yes, respected posters aswell.

A new level of mentalness was reached in the match thread tonight.
Aren't the match threads populated by utter bangers in general regardless of their post count or whether they are 'respected'? :D

Shocking performance in first half . We should have been out looking for a response from the last time we played them plus the dire rubbish which was at weekend. Second half was better against a dire Dundee team.

This is papering over the cracks. Do you honestly think we would have come back from 2 down if we were still in with an actual chance of winning the title? No, we would have shat the bed yet again.
With the same core of players we have been led to believe are the so called ‘leadership group’ no chance. A sentiment far carried on here. The league is all but done, however would you have anticipated us to have run it as close as we have before Clement took charge? I am every bit as disappointed as everyone else because I let myself believe the relative impossible when it looked like we were coming good. More fool me and you. However I believe that Phil has what it takes. Do you?

Reactions: ao2
There is no comparison of the two. The squad Beale took over was stronger than the one he weakened and left for Clement. For him to have done what he has with this squad is testament to his ability!

It's getting really fkn boring now.

Has Clement made mistakes, yes. Does he have some of the tamest, most unreliable Rangers who have ever been, absolutely.

Learn where the problem lies
The alarm bells were ringing before the start of the season.

Pre-season, we were rotten!

Clement turned it around - but, the usual suspects have fallen back into old habits.

The chances are that if our games against Celtic didn't happen - we would be league champions! But, our performances against Celtic have been gutless.

There is no comparison of the two. The squad Beale took over was stronger than the one he weakened and left for Clement. For him to have done what he has with this squad is testament to his ability!
Yep Beale managed to sideline players who could have contributed like kamara and wasted a good budget in the summer.

Clement is due some criticism but you have to try and be rationale - as things stand he's won a cup, has a chance of a second, and has closed the league gap since he came in.

That doesn't take away the league collapse of recent weeks and the failings in team selection, but it does warrant a bit of pause in some of the rash opinions.

Let's see how he does with a chance to bring in his own players - I trust him more than the last manager anyway.

Never mind the Beale comparisons, how about the clamouring for us to appoint McInnes?
No you are absolutely right, now he has managed to oversee victory against Dundee FC after giving away a two goal deficit in the first half he should be given freedom of Glasgow.

I have absolutely no idea what this manager has done to provoke the absolute love in some have for him.

You get no impression that the players don't want to play for him it's just the quality isn't there when it matters.

That second half was some of the best passage of plays we've seen all year, and needs to be the starting point for improving next season.
Our best play was against Hearts in the 5-0 game. I really thought we were on the right road to success then.

We really have to look at why we are having so many injuries. Is it the training? Is it the Ibrox or Auchenhowie turf. Do we get more injuries away from home. Is it our recruitment? We need to find this out.

If we’d finished this season where the imposter Beale left us, it would have been over by Easter.

The gaffer is now being measured against polishing the turd that is our first team squad for months.

He over achieved and should be congratulated for getting us even close

Forgive me for not thinking Clement is the messiah after coming back from 2-0 down at home to a rotten Dundee team only a few weeks after dropping points to them for the first time in 6 years.

Lost to Motherwell at home for the first time in 22 years and lost to Ross County for the first time in our history. Being in pole position to win a treble then going 6 wins from his last 13 games.

He has made big mistakes in 3 old firm games in a row. Let's hope he has eventually learned to sort the midfield before the final.

No you are absolutely right, now he has managed to oversee victory against Dundee FC after giving away a two goal deficit in the first half he should be given freedom of Glasgow.

I have absolutely no idea what this manager has done to provoke the absolute love in some have for him.
Why are you taking it to the extreme? I don't adore the manager but he deserves the chance to oversee the upcoming rebuild. He will have worked with Koppen for months to identify targets that he wants to work with.

As poor as the first half was last night, pining for McInnes is some loopy sh*t.

sadly actual Rangers fans, helped and goaded by Timposters on here by joining in, have made this place so toxic to even visit.

absolute fucking bipolar on here.

can't believe how much my mental health has improved by not even watching the last two games nor visiting or posting much on here.

fed up repeating myself, done it since the end of days with Gio, but I finally hope people know what actually needs done and its not clearing out the managers office again.
Spot on mate.
Match threads are utterly pathetic at times, and another level of madness is reached when we are playing and the mhanks are not.
The gullible amongst us appear to join the pile on.

In the last 10 league games Rangers have:

- conceded 1st in 6 games
- 1 clean sheet
- 16 goals conceded, double the amount from Clement’s first 13 games

Let’s not kid on everything’s alright and Clement’s perfect because we won 5-2 against Dundee in a dead rubber.

Getting 11 points out of 24 during a title race, playing shit hoofball football, choosing garbage starting line ups in big games and talking absolute nonsense in press conferences is why he gets compared to Beale.

Putting 5 past Dundee after going 2-0 down in a dead rubber at Ibrox doesn't fix any of that. Even Beale put 5 past Dundee and didn't have to go 2-0 down.

In the last 10 league games Rangers have:

- conceded 1st in 6 games
- 1 clean sheet
- 16 goals conceded, double the amount from Clement’s first 13 games

Let’s not kid on everything’s alright and Clement’s perfect because we won 5-2 against Dundee in a dead rubber.
Where are you seeing these posts claiming Clement is perfect?

Beale comparisons are obviously ridiculous.

But as are the people pooling the wool over their eyes to some of the glaring deficiencies we’re seeing from Clement.

We’re losing the midfield battle for large spells in games and it’s largely due to how he has us set up.

Where are you seeing these posts claiming Clement is perfect?

No one is claiming he's perfect but far too many are willing to give him a free pass and lump 100% of the blame onto the players as a comfort blanket for the collapse in the past 2 months.

When you compare the manager in the past 2 months to his first five months, it's night and day stuff.

Poor starting line ups, waiting too long to make required subs, putting square pegs in round holes rather than adjusting formation/tactics to suit what he's got, storming off in a huff because Don Cowie did a number on him, eccentric quotes in pressers and match interviews.

Every one of us wants him to be successful and he's a massive upgrade on Beale obviously but ignoring glaring failings that are staring us in the face isn't doing us any favours.

Again, this doesn't mean I want him bagged or out the door any time soon. But he's making mistakes he simply wasn't making for five months.

Beale comparisons are obviously ridiculous.

But as are the people pooling the wool over their eyes to some of the glaring deficiencies we’re seeing from Clement.

We’re losing the midfield battle for large spells in games and it’s largely due to how he has us set up.
We have players who should be taking care of all the teams bar celtic this season.Alot of this rests on their lack of fitness,effort, fight concentration and commitment.

How do you become a “respected” poster?
God knows. It could be one, or more of the following:

1. Have a high post count, so if you have a high post count talking pish more than anyone.

2. Argue with everyone, back down to nobody and firmly believe that the conspiracy against Rangers is led from Rome.

3. Post on every thread about Ange (gravy) Naismith (Judas) Lennon (Popcorn teeth) Tavernier (never a captain) Weiss (pyoor man love for wee Vlad, man)and Scottish Football (lonnnnng slooooowwwwww, liiiiingerrrrrinnnnnggg death) with as much gusto as you you can.

4. Say patter like 'Dundee Hivs' and if someone isn't arrested for a crime say "well they wurnae singin the billy boys.

I wonder if PC is annoying some of the players by expecting them to play to a high standard every game for 90 minutes.
Alot of them just aren't up to it.
He probably is, which is why a lot of them have to go.

It’s the same players, minus a few key injuries which shouldn’t be overlooked, playing the same formation which worked well previously, but stopped working when the pressure was really on……………and not for the first time.

Clement may not be perfect but he is a proven winner, some of these players have what the bed more than once at crunch time, they are the main issue here.

No one is claiming he's perfect but far too many are willing to give him a free pass and lump 100% of the blame onto the players as a comfort blanket for the collapse in the past 2 months.
Completely disagree. The players will rightfully get the lions share of the blame because this collapse is annual, in fact these same players have collapsed twice. I think you're mistaking 'free pass' for 'willing to give him time'.
When you compare the manager in the past 2 months to his first five months, it's night and day stuff.
Agreed. Sounds familiar..
Poor starting line ups, waiting too long to make required subs, putting square pegs in round holes rather than adjusting formation/tactics to suit what he's got, storming off in a huff because Don Cowie did a number on him, eccentric quotes in pressers and match interviews.
Have you seen posts saying he's got all of the above correct recently? I haven't seen one.

Rightly or wrongly there is a section of the fanbase that sees the manager as the leader of Rangers and any questioning of ability is seen as an attack on the club itself rather than just normal football discussion that every fanbase has.

We have had some good, average and poor managerial appointments over the last decade but at one point in time they have all been described as the next big thing in management and an absolute certainty to bring us success.

He probably is, which is why a lot of them have to go.

It’s the same players, minus a few key injuries which shouldn’t be overlooked, playing the same formation which worked well previously, but stopped working when the pressure was really on……………and not for the first time.

Clement may not be perfect but he is a proven winner, some of these players have what the bed more than once at crunch time, they are the main issue here.
When I watch players jogging back to cover, standing watching teams advance and not closing down passing to the opposition particulary when not under pressure, hitting and hoping with forward balls, not moving into space, not looking to take the ball on and not concentrating etc that's on the players.
Many of these players have been complacent and just don't have the commitment and hunger.

Why are you taking it to the extreme? I don't adore the manager but he deserves the chance to oversee the upcoming rebuild. He will have worked with Koppen for months to identify targets that he wants to work with.

As poor as the first half was last night, pining for McInnes is some loopy sh*t.
No one is pining for McInnes, however, the facts are there
Rightly or wrongly there is a section of the fanbase that sees the manager as the leader of Rangers and any questioning of ability is seen as an attack on the club itself rather than just normal football discussion that every fanbase has.

We have had some good, average and poor managerial appointments over the last decade but at one point in time they have all been described as the next big thing in management and an absolute certainty to bring us success.
I agree, the point I am trying to make is that there is zero evidence to back this blind faith that folk have that he will turn this around.
Are we judging this on one good result in Betis ? Because that’s the only positive I can see so far. He managed us to victories against a bunch of domestic jobbers whom we should be beating every time we play that was until the wheels came off.

Tactically he has been extremely suspect in every game against them and he was badly shown up against Benfica, now I know little about in depth tactics but Stevie Wonder could have seen the Benfica goal coming 20 minutes before it did and he did absolutely nothing to combat it. All I am hearing after every game recently is “Manager was to blame but we will let him off due to everything he has achieved so far”. What exactly has he achieved ? As far as I am aware his record to this point is worse than both Gio and Beale.

Every one of us wants him to be successful and he's a massive upgrade on Beale obviously but ignoring glaring failings that are staring us in the face isn't doing us any favours.

Again, this doesn't mean I want him bagged or out the door any time soon. But he's making mistakes he simply wasn't making for five months.
Agree with all of that, with the added concern that we’ve noticeably got worse since we went down to one game a week and had more time on the training ground.

Back