People leaving at half time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a sad reflection of people in Scotland and alcohol for many it’s all they think about . When is my next pint. Sad but true .

wonder how many would leave early if rangers were allowed to sell alcohol in the ground.

as that doesn’t seem plausible the only way to solve it is to have to scan your ticket to leave and leaving early reduces your 5 mygers points to maybe 2/3. And I await someone saying what if you have to leave for an emergency. Well if it’s an emergency then I would hope 2/3 mygers points was the last thing on your mind

Get tae fu....

I can understand why some people get annoyed at people leaving early. But it's not fair to just tar everyone with the same brush.

We tend to leave just before the 90th minute. Except in a scum game or a European tie where it is going to the wire.

The reason for that is that if we leave then we can get out of the stadium and back to West Lothian in about an hour and a quarter. With a bit of luck!

If we stay to the final whistle it takes us 15-20 minutes just to get out of the stadium (we are quite high up in the GR and not by the stairs). Then, after a 20 minute walk to the car, we can be stuck for an hour just trying to get onto the motorway. Then we've a 30 odd mile drive. Sometimes it's the best part of 3 hours to get home after the final whistle. We've already left at 12 noon for a 3pm kick off so we can get parked, so that extra hour and a half wasted after the game is not palatable, and we also have dogs who have been locked in the house the whole time.

It's not all about "subway loyals" or people wanting a drink. there are other reasons why people need to get off sharpish.

I can understand why some people get annoyed at people leaving early. But it's not fair to just tar everyone with the same brush.

We tend to leave just before the 90th minute. Except in a scum game or a European tie where it is going to the wire.

The reason for that is that if we leave then we can get out of the stadium and back to West Lothian in about an hour and a quarter. With a bit of luck!

If we stay to the final whistle it takes us 15-20 minutes just to get out of the stadium (we are quite high up in the GR and not by the stairs). Then, after a 20 minute walk to the car, we can be stuck for an hour just trying to get onto the motorway. Then we've a 30 odd mile drive. Sometimes it's the best part of 3 hours to get home after the final whistle. We've already left at 12 noon for a 3pm kick off so we can get parked, so that extra hour and a half wasted after the game is not palatable, and we also have dogs who have been locked in the house the whole time.

It's not all about "subway loyals" or people wanting a drink. there are other reasons why people need to get off sharpish.

For sure, just find the whole I stay till the end of every game thing a fair bit removed from what going to a game actually entails for some people.

It’s a sad reflection of people in Scotland and alcohol for many it’s all they think about . When is my next pint. Sad but true .

wonder how many would leave early if rangers were allowed to sell alcohol in the ground.

as that doesn’t seem plausible the only way to solve it is to have to scan your ticket to leave and leaving early reduces your 5 mygers points to maybe 2/3. And I await someone saying what if you have to leave for an emergency. Well if it’s an emergency then I would hope 2/3 mygers points was the last thing on your mind
How about a 200 point deduction for talking pish? That's you down to Bronze straight away.

Honestly mate, too many see the football as merely an excuse to get out the house. The game is an inconvenience and they can't wait to fuk off to the boozer. They buy a season ticket cause I'm a pure mad Bear so I am and get to tell their work pals about where they sit and that they watched the big match last night etc. Try engage them in player recruitment or tactics duscussion and they glaze over.

It's not a Rangers supporter phenomenon, its just a thing.

These idiots really don't care about the result or carry a loss with them for days afterwards.

In a way I envy them.
Hey! I’m an old guy,you’re telling me me absolutely nothing.:p

We’re all different and do our own thing. Spend your money the way that you want to. One of my pastimes is watching German football and these guys really do support their teams which is reciprocated by the players. I watched Chemie Leipzig get relegated a couple of years ago and their fans supported them throughout their 5-0 defeat that evening. It was awesome to see. (Sorry lads, I don’t watch the tourist attraction clubs) Unfortunately, here in Scotland, we’re a million miles away from that type of fan culture. I stay at the end because I like to show my appreciation as I don’t believe everyone sets out to have a bad day at their work.

we lasted until about 80 minutes and that was a struggle.

I don't understand this at all.

Haven't been able to have fans in stadiums for over a year. Unbeaten title winning team, yet our support leave en masse when things aren't going great and the game is in the balance?

Mental.

So to solve this Rangers need to start selling beer & you get mygers penalty points for scanning out before 80 mins say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back