People who don’t like football?

Used to be a very rare thing when I was a nipper ( I’m 57 now )
But seems to be a lot more folks not into football these days for some reason

tottenham-hotspur-v-arsenal-fc-premier-league-1.jpg

Must be riveting lunchtime conversations
You just create your own fun with people who don't have common ground, give them the old mind puzzles, "one inch forward into your mum, 1 inch backwards and your dad goes into you - which one do you choose" that's the way to pass time in the military anyway.

Whenever i meet a new work colleague or person soon as i find out they aint into football i loose 50% interest in them, like a power bar on Street Fighter boom 50% down

Next question is usually regards motorsport if no interest boom 25% left

If they dont drink Game Over im out

Used to enjoy going to the pub midweek to watch CL games. Don't do it anymore.

Unless we are in a european away game i don't really bother watching on tv.

Home games, if i come off a nightshift, and working the same night after the game, im pretty much knackered.

Suppose it's the adrenaline that keeps me going.

But i have lost interest in football apart from us.

Whenever i meet a new work colleague or person soon as i find out they aint into football i loose 50% interest in them, like a power bar on Street Fighter boom 50% down

Next question is usually regards motorsport if no interest boom 25% left

If they dont drink Game Over im out

If they were into motorsport, my power bar goes down to zero.

People that don't watch football outside of Rangers.

It explains some of the wild takes you see on here.
If people don't watch any games outside of ourselves that really does explain half the posts in the match threads.

People who only watch Rangers games and absolutely no other football probably don't really understand at least a few of the changes in football over the last 10-20 years and expect us to play 4-4-2 in 90s style.

Populated by cheats, divers and play actors intent on gaining unfair advantage and getting their opponents penalised for nothing.
All enabled by authorities who refuse to do much about it and media who refuse to call it out.
A horrible sport and if I didn't have an emotional attachment to one team dating back to when the game was great I'd have nothing to do with it.
Many of my heroes from times past wouldn't even be allowed to play now and even on FF the likes of Greig and Souness would be described as thugs and accused of assault every time they put in a trademark challenge.

There were loads of these people back in the 1990's when Rangers were winning almost everything. Nobody wanted to discuss football, for some reason.

If people don't watch any games outside of ourselves that really does explain half the posts in the match threads.

People who only watch Rangers games and absolutely no other football probably don't really understand at least a few of the changes in football over the last 10-20 years and expect us to play 4-4-2 in 90s style.
Personally I don’t give a %^*& about formations,low blocks etc etc as long as Rangers win.games in which Rangers are playing is the only live club football I watch.motd on a Saturday and Sunday does me for the epl.i have no real interest in any other competition rangers aren’t involved in.for instance I will not watch one second of the rest of the games in the Europa league now we are out.

Don't know anyone (males) socially or in my family who doesn't like football but I've known quite a few work colleagues who didn't like the game and yes, some of them were a bit strange.

Loved playing, love the Rangers.

Watching games where I have no emotional connection (unless I have a bet on) bores the fucking tits off me.
Agree 100%.
Rather watch something half decent on tv.
Scottish football is run bye clowns, standard is shit, full of Rangers hating arseholes, Referees/officials are a joke, VAR wasting the game but it's players/managers fault as years diving/cheating caused it, European games I used to take an interest except the mentally challengeds but now I want them pumped as they all hate us.
Scottish football has done what Scotland normally does... Hated itself to death.
Same as you said only games I bother about are Rangers and even at that I don't bust a gut now to watch them..
Sad reflection I know but I'm old enough to remember when it wasn't all about hating us.

People that don’t like football are like vegans, quick to tell you, often followed with an explanation as to why the most popular sport in the world isn’t good.

Goons.

Whether it's participating or spectating, sport in general has become much more accessible so i can understand why not every kid grows up being football daft these days. To be honest i find the modern game full of wank, another reason why people have a legitimate claim to have no interest. Miroslav Klose's recent online comments get to the heart of it.

It used to be THE thing to have an interest in but now there is so much more available to people.

In Glasgow/Scotland you also have a proportion of people who can’t be bothered with the whole Old Firm carry on and rather than finding a different club they just turn their back on football.

Back