Pepsi park?

Would you allow stadium sponsorship?

• Yes

Votes: 694 78.0%
  • No

Votes: 196 22.0%

• Total voters
I think the reason this hasnt happened before or more often at other clubs is the cash on offer is pretty minimal compared to the reaction it generates. £1m a season i think was quoted in the op, hardly game changing money.

Could be wrong about this but im sure Leipzig's ground had to drop the red bull branding for the uefa games last year. If its strictly scotland then there's nae money in it. Can't think of a club down south with an old ground that's changed it's name ( new builds obviously different) and if thats the case there suggests its pointless up here for the money on offer.

I think the reason this hasnt happened before or more often at other clubs is the cash on offer is pretty minimal compared to the reaction it generates. £1m a season i think was quoted in the op, hardly game changing money.
A well connected poster just said in the thread the board were looking at this for £4m per season with a 10 year commitment.

It would have to be a pretty well known, successful and established company for that to ever become a reality.

A well connected poster just said in the thread the board were looking at this for £4m per season with a 10 year commitment.

It would have to be a pretty well known, successful and established company for that to ever become a reality.
Well, that's a bit different and something we'd have to consider if it came in. Could argue a case for taking a chunk up front as well for the immediate impact. I'd be surprised if we got that kind of offer though.

Wow that’s mega money if we could get that.

For an outrageous amount of money they can call it almost anything they want. We know what it is really called

Ibrox is an iconic stadium. We get millions of clicks on our YouTube channel and are always top in Scotland when it comes to that and top 20 in Europe. We should be looking at this seriously and for big money.

You hoped Bisgrove would see your poll, and 'act accordingly'; "accordingly " being what?
It’s not my poll it’s a quick poll on the initial thoughts of bears on the forum.

Someone else has posted the club would be looking for £4 million per season. I think that’s optimistic but the more we get the better. Even £2 million a season would be excellent.

Just to be clear (as it was me that posted it), I have no connection to the board. But I have seen a pitch document produced by the club for one company it was discussed with.

I doubt that was the only company that had the same approach and clearly no one has taken it up. That suggests £4m per year is more than it’s worth; so the question is what is the lowest we’d accept as fans and is that a value a business will meet.

In light of the board today appealing for finance for 1800 more seats to be installed in the stadium, I’m starting a poll on how we the fans would feel about letting a sponsor name the stadium for £1 million per season or thereabouts.

I used to be against the idea as I’m old and a traditionalist but realistically we would all call it Ibrox anyway no matter what.

For me as long as the firm was decent and global I think I’ve changed my mind and I’d happily take the money, if it was a decent amount.

What say the good people of FF?
I'm the same as yourself BB ,a traditionalist and there was a time I would have thought it was sacrilege to even think about naming rights for the stadium ,but if it went towards projects like the the extra seating I'm all for for it .

Just to be clear (as it was me that posted it), I have no connection to the board. But I have seen a pitch document produced by the club for one company it was discussed with.

I doubt that was the only company that had the same approach and clearly no one has taken it up. That suggests £4m per year is more than it’s worth; so the question is what is the lowest we’d accept as fans and is that a value a business will meet.
I honestly think £2 million a season and I’d shake. Currently we get nothing. Could you not go back to the club with your company rather than waiting on them to make a lower proposal?

I honestly think £2 million a season and I’d shake. Currently we get nothing. Could you not go back to the club with your company rather than waiting on them to make a lower proposal?
Haha, again, just to be clear. It is not a company I am connected to in any way beyond knowing someone (in a purely personal capacity) who was distantly involved in the discussion.

It’s not my poll it’s a quick poll on the initial thoughts of bears on the forum.

Someone else has posted the club would be looking for £4 million per season. I think that’s optimistic but the more we get the better. Even £2 million a season would be excellent.
It won't happen, probably ever. I'm less uptight about it than I used to be, and it is among my least favourite topics in this Forum, but it won't ever happen anyway. The argument against it is absurd, and that used to bother me, but equally the argument for it is equally absurd, as your comment 'it would still be Ibrox to us' exemplifies. Ibrox Stadium can never be renamed, it's legendary, and that is why the argument for and against it is a nothing. If it ever happens then I'll be very surprised; extremely surprised.

It won't happen, probably ever. I'm less uptight about it than I used to be, and it is among my least favourite topics in this Forum, but it won't ever happen anyway. The argument against it is absurd, and that used to bother me, but equally the argument for it is equally absurd, as your comment 'it would still be Ibrox to us' exemplifies. Ibrox Stadium can never be renamed, it's legendary, and that is why the argument for and against it is a nothing. If it ever happens then I'll be very surprised; extremely surprised.
It will happen it’s only a matter of time brother . And we will always call it Ibrox.

Haha, again, just to be clear. It is not a company I am connected to in any way beyond knowing someone (in a purely personal capacity) who was distantly involved in the discussion.
Fine mate out of interest how much do you think it would need to be for a decent company to bite? Bear in mind how iconic Ibrox is. I think £2 million a season is a bargain

It will happen it’s only a matter of time brother . And we will always call it Ibrox.
Nope, it won't. If it could have been done, it would have been. The name Ibrox Stadium/Park is too fixed. We'll see, but I'll be very surprised if any organisation paid for something that would end up with them having little to no impact.

Fine mate out of interest how much do you think it would need to be for a decent company to bite? Bear in mind how iconic Ibrox is. I think £2 million a season is a bargain
Impossible to say. Really, it is. 1) not my area of expertise and 2) it’ll be worth different amounts to different companies based on the return they think they’ll get.

£2m for guaranteed champions League exposure for a decade would be great value for many global consumer businesses (given the other “rights” being offered on top of simply the name). But we can’t guarantee that, so… who knows.

Nope, it won't. If it could have been done, it would have been. The name Ibrox Stadium/Park is too fixed. We'll see, but I'll be very surprised if any organisation paid for something that would end up with them having little to no impact.
The game is changing all the time squire. You either make moves to keep up or you get squashed. Nobody ever thought Barcelona would allow a shirt sponsor, now look.

Ibrox sponsored by Pepsi would be fine by me. It’s just a matter of time before a big company fancied it.

If you’d asked me 10 years ago when Green and co were at the club I’d have said no under any circumstances

Times move on, so long as the deal was financially beneficial (£7m+ a year minimum) then I’d accept it. Feel a bit dirty even admitting that but I’d be more open to it if sponsorship was linked to a capacity increase

the support in favour of this actually startles me... every media outlet out there will jump at the chance to call it whatever shitey name we end up with rather than Ibrox and it will become that over time to everyone but us. embarrassing and tinpot

If it were a premium brand paying the going rate, then begrudgingly yes.

I don’t trust Bisgrove to bring a premium brand to the table sadly.

If it were a premium brand paying the going rate, then begrudgingly yes.

I don’t trust Bisgrove to bring a premium brand to the table sadly.
It would need to be a big brand to pay what we are asking.

Pirelli , Pepsi , Longines, Hugo Boss, Ford just a few examples I’d happily take.

Yes but not for a million. Needs to be more than that and make a material difference to the side put put on the park. Would accept a short term measure to fund a new revenue stream also

In light of the board today appealing for finance for 1800 more seats to be installed in the stadium, I’m starting a poll on how we the fans would feel about letting a sponsor name the stadium for £1 million per season or thereabouts.

I used to be against the idea as I’m old and a traditionalist but realistically we would all call it Ibrox anyway no matter what.

For me as long as the firm was decent and global I think I’ve changed my mind and I’d happily take the money, if it was a decent amount.

That makes you just old now mate. :p

Once upon a time I'd have been firmly a no.

Scottish football has been left so far behind that our continued foray into European football means all such avenues must be explored.

The Scottish football factor probably limits who would be interested though.

How do you mean allow?

Honestly it isn't something that bothers me.

Could easily aim to get 5M per year naming rights surely?

We are constantly in Europe.

Back