Performance was okay, we should’ve won but yet again individual quality costs us

NDC bear forever

I’m not buying that game was about bottle. We really should’ve scored about 4 today, at least 3 if Kent and Arfield had a bit more composure, Arfield in particular. Two goals that we conceded were individual mistakes and also shit officiating.

Really disappointing and really should’ve been out of sight. Like banging your head against a wall. Hibs are pish

You could see from the start it wasn't working against their 5 in midfield.

Saying we should have taken our chances makes it out like they didn't have any either.

Waiting until 75 minutes to make changes and just bringing on as many CF's as possible screams of clueless management.

It worries me how slack play impacts on the entire team, few individual misplaced passes spreads.

Na, it was okay. If you can stomach watching it back and taking away from the heat of the moment it was okay - not bad, not great.

1st half was a disgrace.

2nd was better but we were familiarly wasteful up front and the individual defensive errors made a spectacular reappearance.

No tempo, no spark.
They had tneir two defenders on yellows and we didnt attack them
If our manager was more ruthless hed have players in tneir faces.

Our two goals were probably the best we’ve scored this season in terms of overall play for the goal. How can you say there’s no spark??

performance was unacceptable but we should've won.

an offside goal and we didn't take our chances.

That's been our problem lately and today it came back to bite us need to be more clinical.

1st half was a disgrace.

2nd was better but we were familiarly wasteful up front and the individual defensive errors made a spectacular reappearance.
I think it depends. First 15/20 minutes of the first half was our best period of the game. However, the rest of the first half was utter shite whereas the second half but just “okay” for the full 45 minutes.

Nope. We could’ve scored about 5 today. Not something you see in a bad performance. It was shit individual quality that cost us that

Could have.

We didn't. We scored the same as the opposition. More dropped points. We were poor at Livingston, created chances and dropped points.

Good teams finish the chances we miss on a weekly basis, good teams apply pressure and taken their chances when given the opportunity. Good sides don't let pressure get to them more often than not. We surrendered the lead twice, some thing we done numerous times last season.

That today was a poor performance, the defending at times was awful - scrambled in the box, two poor goals conceded. Midfield for the majority of the first half was non existent. Morelos barely touched the ball 2nd half, Hagi done very little (if we re getting excited about his one piece of contribution then we have problems).

Nope. We could’ve scored about 5 today. Not something you see in a bad performance. It was shit individual quality that cost us that
That's the fine line, Arfield or Kent score those chances we win and without changing any other aspect of the game our performance raises a notch. Same goes for the offside goal.

Could have.

We didn't. We scored the same as the opposition. More dropped points. We were poor at Livingston, created chances and dropped points.

Good teams finish the chances we miss on a weekly basis, good teams apply pressure and taken their chances when given the opportunity. Good sides don't let pressure get to them more often than not. We surrendered the lead twice, some thing we done numerous times last season.

That today was a poor performance, the defending at times was awful - scrambled in the box, two poor goals conceded. Midfield for the majority of the first half was non existent. Morelos barely touched the ball 2nd half, Hagi done very little (if we re getting excited about his one piece of contribution then we have problems).
That what I’m saying but. Individuals not doing/showing the basics cost us. An individual drop off was to be expected to an extent with so many injuries but it ultimately cost us.

Reminiscent of last season we go a venue where we are under serious pressure to win and we fail.

The performance was poor, the set up and tactics were abysmal and our bottle went yet again and no surprises plus add in the usual customary Morelos yellow card and the officials failing to spot an offside in the build up to the Hibs 2nd goal.

Groundhog day anyone ?

I agree to a point.

Hibs are playing well and are a decent side, but why is it they turn up and we don’t?

We have the better players and actually played some decent stuff today at times, but there’s just that nagging feeling that for all the money we’ve spent we’re still a couple of real game changing quality players away from where we want to be.

There’s still a lack of urgency about us and a tendency to over complicate our football which to me looks like it’s the product of heavy drilling on the football pitch.

It’s great when it works, such as Arfield’s goal, but all too often it breaks down through one pass too many as we saw two or three times today.

Need to stop the crosses at source. Backing off, too easy to pop the ball in the box and we concede 2.

Can't stand this passing around the 18 yard box trying to play in just skelp it work the keeper and be there for any spillage. Alfie & Scott both done their jobs today by scoring two goals if the officials yet again do theirs* then we take full points how Arfield did not lift the rebound at the double save I don't know maybe wrong man in the right place? * The offside goal Porteous off the ball should be red as well as Hanlon's elbow.

Performance was dire mate

I disagree with that.

Hibs are a decent team, by Scottish standards, and we came back from 1 down.

The 2nd goal was an absolute shit show from Goldson, the linesman and Helander.

That doesn't make it a dire performance.

Lots of ways of looking at it but the cold, hard fact is we worked ourselves back into the game and it was all in our hands but once again we weren't clinical enough.

Kent clean through on goal - scores we win easily and nobody is greeting about much.
Arfield clean through on goal - scores any of the two chances presented to him and we are home and dry. Good performance and job done.

Everybody can see that if you miss the chances we do it will catch up with you eventually. We are relying on too few players to score too many goals and if those players aren't at it or things aren't falling for them we are in big trouble.

Too many of our players lack that bit of composure or concentration at at times. This is the reason they are playing in Scotland. Despite what many say it is also the reason no top flight English clubs show an interest in them.

Kent and Arfield in particular had to score

I hope the Hibs keeper plays like that v the scum next week

Keeper kept them in the game with his save from Kent at 2-1 and Arfield at 2-2

Pissed off dropping points though

I’m not buying that game was about bottle. We really should’ve scored about 4 today, at least 3 if Kent and Arfield had a bit more composure, Arfield in particular. Two goals that we conceded were individual mistakes and also shit officiating.

Really disappointing and really should’ve been out of sight. Like banging your head against a wall. Hibs are pish

Whilst our defending at Hibs two goals was poor it was our finishing that cost us. I can recall 4 great chances that were spurned when it looked easier to score.

We have created a hatful of chances in each and every league game this season and passed up on the majority of them. We badly need to work on the finishing from our forwards which, to be frank, can be described as wasteful. This ratio of creating 4 or 5 chances for every goal is way too high and will prove costly in the long run.

A predatory penalty box striker (if one exists at an affordable price) would solve a lot of our problems.

Arfield hasn't scored enough goals in that position for the last 2 years which is why he's sitting on the bench. Just proved it again today, we cant be missing sitters like those missed today.

This team aren’t clinical enough, that’s what cost us

We’ve been the same most of this season, should have buried a few times but a right good few goals but don’t take our chances

Not for all this knee-jerk stuff, half decent performance and had more than enough good chances to bury Hibs. 2 individual errors cost if for their goals

I thought we were very poor, we let them back in the game as soon as we got on top. Both halves were very similar

Created a few chances but very poor defensively.

Actually prove what was wrong instead of acting like a child
Honestly can't be arsed arguing with folk who think that level of performance was even approaching 'ok'. We have better players than them, they got the result because their performance level was much, much higher than our amateurish efforts.
Self-delusion isn't the way out of this, NDC.
Not responding any more on this, pointless, it's all been said before.

Last edited:
OP is round about right, if we win 5-2 alls well, we created 5 unbelievable chances took 2. Defending poor today for sure, I think balogen will be back in, he brings something but if strength. That said if we dont start taking th we gilt edged chances in games then we all know how this ends. Oh and yes we need another quality midfielder as said previously by just about everyone including Stevie G

How about changing the title too

Performance was okay, we should’ve won but yet again official decisions costs us

Could have.

Have to agree.
We’ve all seen this before.

Back