Petition has been launched for the BBC to reinstate Stewart

ItsInTheNet

AN ONLINE petition has been launched calling for the BBC to reinstate Michael Stewart after the Sportscene co-presenter was dropped indefinitely by the broadcaster.

Stewart was supposed to commentate on Hearts' 3-2 defeat at home to Killie on Wednesday night but was axed earlier that day, according to reports.

The former Hearts and Hibs midfielder controversially ranted about Rangers PR chief Jim Traynor on Sportsound on Monday night, leading to an apology from the Beeb.
Stewart has not appeared on any of the BBC's platforms since and now a petition has been launched for the broadcaster to reinstate the pundit immediately.

The change.org statement reads: "This is a petition to have Michael Stewart reinstated with immediate effect on all BBC projects he has been recently working on.
"As the BBC is funded by licence payers, it is not right to have someone taken off the air for speaking their mind with all valid and truthful points & comments."
The Beeb issued a statement yesterday that read: "Our editorial guidelines were not adhered to on Sportsound on Monday and we’re still in discussions to ensure there’s no repeat of that in future.
"While those discussions continue, Michael Stewart will not appear on any of our sports programmes."

AN ONLINE petition has been launched calling for the BBC to reinstate Michael Stewart after the Sportscene co-presenter was dropped indefinitely by the broadcaster.

Stewart was supposed to commentate on Hearts' 3-2 defeat at home to Killie on Wednesday night but was axed earlier that day, according to reports.

The former Hearts and Hibs midfielder controversially ranted about Rangers PR chief Jim Traynor on Sportsound on Monday night, leading to an apology from the Beeb.
Stewart has not appeared on any of the BBC's platforms since and now a petition has been launched for the broadcaster to reinstate the pundit immediately.

The change.org statement reads: "This is a petition to have Michael Stewart reinstated with immediate effect on all BBC projects he has been recently working on.
"As the BBC is funded by licence payers, it is not right to have someone taken off the air for speaking their mind with all valid and truthful points & comments."
The Beeb issued a statement yesterday that read: "Our editorial guidelines were not adhered to on Sportsound on Monday and we’re still in discussions to ensure there’s no repeat of that in future.
"While those discussions continue, Michael Stewart will not appear on any of our sports programmes."
Mmmm, I wonder who started that petition off? Could it have been fair minded football fans from throughout Scotland or perhaps was it Rangers hating, extreme Nationalistic, Brain died bigots who think Racism against any Rangers player is fine.

I think I know which group will be signing this petition with gusto.

Mmmm, I wonder who started that petition off? Could it have been fair minded football fans from throughout Scotland or perhaps was it Rangers hating, extreme Nationalistic, Brain died bigots who think Racism against any Rangers player is fine.

I think I know which group will be signing this petition with gusto.

Loads of punters called Big Jock will be signing it and demanding the truth, but just not about Michael Stewart.

Rats and cockroaches crawling out their dark dwellings to lend support to Michel Stewart who'd have thought eh?

mentally challengeds backing the Ginger Baws cuunt

The failed SNP MSP will struggle

If the BBC reinstate him it will be great when he phucks up again and we can use the info to nail him again

its turned into a them and us battle.hell be getting his support from the beggars and the yessers, look at the abuse boyd got recently for his punditry.Stewart showed his true colours and his personal thoughts on us.there has been an even bigger scandal in scottish football that no journalist will talk about.but stewart said on his twitter hell continue to say it how he sees it

Surely this has been a bonus for most other teams fans across Scotland. Can’t imagine many would enjoy listening to the little wankstain

They don't do irony, do they?

These cants have totally ruined the game up here . Their constant whining about always cheated never defeated to even Big Jock Knew stating during his 9 iar that they only way they’d get a fair crack at the whip is to have English refs has made me lose all interest in Scottish Football. I’ll still go along and watch the Gers game by game because that’s what I’ve done since a kid. But the game up here has been poisoned.

I don’t know why anyone would want him back , his analysis of the game is utter shocking

Can’t be any worse than Walker.
“ Every manager told me as soon as the defender approached, go down , force the ref to make a decision, don’t wait for contact, just judge it”
“ That was shocking from Morelos”
A piece of commentary from the bold boy at a Hamilton v Rangers game. An utter erse!!!

These cants have totally ruined the game up here . Their constant whining about always cheated never defeated to even Big Jock Knew stating during his 9 iar that they only way they’d get a fair crack at the whip is to have English refs has made me lose all interest in Scottish Football. I’ll still go along and watch the Gers game by game because that’s what I’ve done since a kid. But the game up here has been poisoned.

Indeed. My level of interest is about 20% what it was 20 years ago.

Not surprised here. The filth fans are losing a Rangers hater! The club itself probably started the petition? They have not issued a complaint in 24 hours so lets back Ginger cock.

Now I wonder who would start a petition like this?... mmmmm!

Back