Phil Foden

He should be starting every game. Playing under guardiloa, think he is most decorated player in the squad? Starts for best team in England yet on the bench, absolute nuts
I don't disagree with you, he's a fantastic player who should be playing - but id wager this wasn't an issue after winning the first game 6-2.

I don't disagree with you, he's a fantastic player who should be playing - but id wager this wasn't an issue after winning the first game 6-2.
A talent like foden should be in starting xi. Scandalous he isn’t starting or getting on. Pep knows more than Southgate! I know I sound like a Foden fanboy but it’s mad

Saka's performance as opposed to the other day was a nightmare.
A rich mans Sakala and England are a rich mans Rangers.

Iran who were excellent yesterday and sit 2nd in the group. The point I was making is the fickle nature of football fans, who were praising Southgate for his team selection, use of subs and pumping Iran, and now he should resign for failing to beat the USA and his team selection is poor.
Southgate was talking about competition for places… while among an unchanged side :D

I’m surprised Bellingham didn’t just go and win it since he’s turned into Iniesta over the last year.

Foden is England’s best player, it’s mental that he’s not even getting off the bench.
Bellingham will have a better career overall.

Bringing on Grealish over Foden tonight was daft all the same.

Bellingham will have a better career overall.

Bringing on Grealish over Foden tonight was daft all the same.
Dunno about that. Think people are jumping the gun in the way that happens with every England starlet.

I have no idea what the point of Grealish is. But then I can’t fathom why Foden wouldn’t start every game. Even Neville reckons he’s their most gifted player.

The problem for me it's England's midfield tonight where bloody woeful. Foden would be in my team before Saka Mount and Stering. Harry Kane was back helping his defence most of the game. Foden it's a great player he's probably one of my first picks for the English international team. He's fast creative great crosser and can score goals something England lacked against USA.

It's obviously very hot in Qatar but the weather conditions didn't seem to stop the USA or Canada playing a high press high energy game of football. From the first minute England players just looked exhausted. As far as Foden is concerned l would play him before Sterling every day of the week.

Shouting about Foden starting only after full time. All the pundits seemed happy with the team selection before the match.

It's obviously very hot in Qatar but the weather conditions didn't seem to stop the USA or Canada playing a high press high energy game of football. From the first minute England players just looked exhausted. As far as Foden is concerned l would play him before Sterling every day of the week.
Looking online, it was around 29 deg at noon yesterday. Low 20s at 10 o'clock at night when the game kicked off. Its actually far cooler than playing in say Spain or Italy in the summer. Plus, the stadiums are air conditioned.

This is a bit of a fallacy.

It’s warm, but actually not as warm as most summer World Cups are. Average temperature for games is 25/26.

Plus all stadiums have full AC at pitch side, it’s ideal playing conditions.

Southgate and England just made an arse of it.

Given the uproar over him not even getting on last night I think it’s a certainty he’ll play on Tuesday. Whether he starts or comes on say at half time, I’m not sure.

He’s their best player and has only played 20 minutes in those 2 games.

Very strange team selection by Southgate, Foden is one of the 1st names on Guardiola's team sheet at City. Southgate will see this world cup and that is it.

Been saying for years that anything England achieve is in spite of Southgate and not because of him.
He’s been largely lucky with the draws he’s got in tournaments enabling England to go far without really playing anyone of note. He never picks the best squad never mind team to who he’s got.

Why go with Pickford, McGuire and Sterling just to name 3 who have been out performed by others in the squad. Then why not take Toney who’s in form and offers something different up front.

He’s been largely lucky with the draws he’s got in tournaments enabling England to go far without really playing anyone of note. He never picks the best squad never mind team to who he’s got.

Why go with Pickford, McGuire and Sterling just to name 3 who have been out performed by others in the squad. Then why not take Toney who’s in form and offers something different up front.
To be fair I think there’s a good reason why he never took Toney :))

I’m still trying to see if there’s anything that proves Grealish is a £100m player cos I think he’s mince.
He is not but that was what Villa asked for and City seemed to just want to fire on and get him.

I think he is a good player but I would never spend the money to get him that they did.

Had ptsd watching England last night. Flashbacks to the utter shitshow of watching a gio team. The horse shoe was in full effect at times, making random subs that didn’t affect the game, and toiling to a draw having bored everyone for 90 odd minutes.

Back