Philippe Clement interview on Sky Sports

Management is all about making the most of the squad you have, no complaints from me.

He will have a very different idea in his own head and I am excited to see us start actually signing players you'd expect of a club who made a recent european final.

No more rehabilitating journeymen who want good wages, focus on the player selling model.

To the press, all media amd any teams that have intrest , hust to geh the valuation up... I HOPE ... they are not for sale ...otherwise we have another season on serial losers if that includes if he has any wish to keep Lundstrum as well

As long as this is just his media opinion and not his genuine opinion I’ve got no issues with it.

If he genuinely wants to keep them, he’ll end up out a job like the others that have come before him.

It's a massive lifestyle choice to go to Saudi.The money is incredible but would you take your wife there?

Is stoning still a thing out there?
tuajz0

Genuinely think he'd rather keep them and build the team up, rather than starting from scratch in June. That will piss off a lot of people. However, in his view, and it's not an entirely incorrect one, our issues have been injuries and gaps in the squad that have cost us this season. Especially since Clement took over.

I wouldn't be stunned if Goldson left, but I'd be a little surprised if Tav goes. If both left, it leaves a huge gap in our defence and with people still being so uncertain on Ridvan and Souttar, we'd basically need to rebuild our entire defence inside one window. With the focus being predominantly on signing younger players, losing a tonne of senior ones does leave things in a precarious position next season. Young players aren't always the most consistent, and neither is our patience.

I get the eagerness from the fans to refresh and renew the team. I, myself, am really hoping this is the last summer I'm saying 'we need to rebuild', but due to FFP and the current state of the squad. We won't be able to rebuild inside one transfer window. It's going to take at least a couple, especially if we want to be competitive and relevant next season, never mind dominant or victorious.

I don't know where Gerrard stays, but it's an hours travel and it's a Western lifestyle.
Qatar's the same. I was involved in building a water theme park on the Saudi border with Qatar. The Saudi men would drop their wife and kids at the water theme park for the weekend and drive 20-miles on into Qatar to drink whisky.

We don't need to replace Tav, we need to replace a right back and improve the midfield with goal scorers and people with drive. Tavs goals will be missed, but our midfield have been missing for years in goal contributions. Tav raising money to help us improve this area, might be his final act as captain

We won’t replace tavs goals from right back

But at same time we shouldn’t be so focused on our attack starting beginning and ending with a right back either.

Also you give the striker his penalties. (Of course easier said than done as he is very good at them)

Goldson can go

And people forgetting just because it’s Saudi they aren’t the big players backed by the PIF am in right?

Aren’t going in with mental bids so we can forget it

Back