Press Conference Philippe Clement speaks ahead of the Hibs game - "I'm not Harry Potter"

Night and day to Beale , the guy needs time .

He needs to weed out the hanger ons and constant injured brigade by the end of the season.

No extensions for Jack, Roofe, Balogun , Borna, Mclauchlin and Lundstram.
All released .

Thats 6 that can go, thereafter sell , release the non performers such as Wright.

So after a few days at training he realises too much shit in here and best way of describing it is just say I am no Harry Potter :)

Seems level headed and focused, also looks and sounds like he won't take sh1te from anyone.

I still have the fear though as he's got one hell of a job to get this group of players performing and we as a support need to back him.

He doesn’t need to be Harry Potter

I get the context behind it, he just means he wants time and we won’t see big improvement overnight and that’s fine.

I also think his comments about needing time was all that he was meaning during the negotiations and the media put their own spin on it with GVB and Beale’s tenure times concerning

That said, he shouldn’t need forever and back to the original point that you don’t need to be Harry Potter - this is what causes managers to fail because they overthink and overcomplicate Scottish football (the most uncomplicated league in Europe imo)

I think he’s commanding and ruthless and will soon suss the Scottish dross don’t need much in the way of respect

A lot of pressure on the players to be brave and play forward to the managers instructions given the way they have been playing. I don’t think they were carrying out Beale’s tactics either if ‘hand break off’ was what he was trying to implement. Let’s hope they can grow a set and do it for Phillipe as I don’t think he will be slow in waving his wand and making them disappear…..I’ll get my coat.

He’s not Harry Potter but I don’t like those films or actors so good.

What I have liked is Clement talking about fitness and availability of players, specifically how to best manage this and help them manage themselves in this regard.

He seems something of a fitness nut himself which is a great place to start with any Team.

Gerrard was a fitness freak and we saw how he imprinted those ideas on the players who became Herculean at times.

Interesting that the medical staff were taken aback that he wanted to know all the details of the injuries. Previous management couldn't have been too interested and left them to it. Hopefully start to improve on that front.
Makes sense. That will be why Beales comments on how long players were out for were always random as f.

Back