Phil's Magic Wand

KJ_Rozental

He told us he didn't have one, and last two weeks have proven that.

He worked wonders with this group of players, and now there's no denying that we need to completely gut out this team, genuinely wouldn't mind if it's a complete new team come out first league game (Dio and Cortes withstanding).

We can't blame PC, it all lays on the players and we need to back him now, in the summer and onto next season.

Magicians need energy, every one of our players has lost their ;inner G' or life force.

Sucked the life out the support, that's for sure.

He worked wonders with this group of players, and now there's no denying that we need to completely gut out this team, genuinely wouldn't mind if it's a complete new team come out first league game (Dio and Cortes withstanding).

We can't blame PC, it all lays on the players and we need to back him now, in the summer and onto next season.
I just hope he's got the balls to get rid of a lot of long standing players and also has the backing of the board to do that. Hopefully we have already identified players we need to fill those positions.

tumblr_mp6dr6eAUa1r3iflio1_500.gif

I just hope he's got the balls to get rid of a lot of long standing players and also has the backing of the board to do that. Hopefully we have already identified players we need to fill those positions.
I think he will. He talks so much about being a winner, I don't think he'll have any delusions that there are none in that changing room.

Bigger question is will we be able to do such a rebuild, we're gonna have to take a hit on a lot of the players.

I think he will. He talks so much about being a winner, I don't think he'll have any delusions that there are none in that changing room.

Bigger question is will we be able to do such a rebuild, we're gonna have to take a hit on a lot of the players.
Yeah that's the problem, or is it a problem because we really need to get rid of a few and losing money shouldn't be the biggest concern as we could surely bring players in who are better than we have, this lot we have now won't win us the league now or in the future.

How can you possibly watch a Glasgow Rangers team lose convincingly to Motherwell and Ross County, drop points against Dundee and get torn apart by Celtic for 45 minutes and even suggest that the manager isn’t accountable in any shape or form?

This love-in really needs to stop now, there are some very obvious red flags where the manager is concerned.

I keep hearing about these wonders he worked.

Maybe someone could list some of the “wonder” results.

Betis away aside, he’s done very little of note.

Don’t think the ‘worked wonders’ has much weight anymore.

He got a bounce from a team that had downed tools. Bar a couple of games, we’ve been pretty poor though and capitulated at pretty much every significant game.

We know it’s the players, but we know it’s players he keeps picking and it’s his choice how we are approaching games. Especially when he’s coming out and saying he got what he wanted from the players.

How can you possibly watch a Glasgow Rangers team lose convincingly to Motherwell and Ross County, drop points against Dundee and get torn apart by Celtic for 45 minutes and even suggest that the manager isn’t accountable in any shape or form?

This love-in really needs to stop now, there are some very obvious red flags where the manager is concerned.
Do you genuinely think Walter or Souness could get a tune out of this squad. It's rotten, he inherited an absolute mess and he's shown enough to show hope that he's the right man, but should be judged fully on next season.

While we have multiple issues away from the manager he can’t be completely blameless either.

Our actual style of play is dreadful and consists of Goldson humping a ball up to the strikers 50 times in each game.

Less points than Beale did.

Can’t beat Celtic.

Completely bottled a title race.

I certainly don’t think he is a bad manager, but the praise he was reacting was very over the top. He didn’t “drag us into a title race”, Celtic dropped loads of points over the winter.

Don’t think the ‘worked wonders’ has much weight anymore.

He got a bounce from a team that had downed tools. Bar a couple of games, we’ve been pretty poor though and capitulated at pretty much every significant game.

We know it’s the players, but we know it’s players he keeps picking and it’s his choice how we are approaching games. Especially when he’s coming out and saying he got what he wanted from the players.

Yet again these players have downed tools. So yet another manager will get the blame.

He had to play Sterling there as his only other option was a gutless shadow of a LB.
He doesn’t have to play Sterling there. He isn’t a left back. He can play anyone at left back.

Sterling has absolutely everything we are missing in midfield. That is far more important than who is filling in at left back.

Manager needs to take blame as well as players, constant picking of Silva, Cantwell etc and not changing subs early enough worrying, Sterling was needed in midfield tonight and he’s got him at Lb.
You are blaming Silva and Cantwell ffs mate it's your Lundstrums,Goldsons and captain marvel who have fuked up our club for seasons and the fans need to face that and if PC continues with the likes of them it's ta ta to him and those three losers will still be drawing wages from our club and enjoying themselves.

That is exactly what is required.

That maybe, but he is a goal threat. Dowell is just there to look glum.
His goal threat isn't as good as it should be ,I'm not saying Dowell is any better. I think PC has a big job on his hands and we need to give him time . We can't keep changing managers . Personally after the start of the season we had I think he's done well to get us this far , and perhaps many of us thought we are better than we are . Thing is we need probably an 8 player turnaround , maybe more .

He left our most enthusiastic, energetic and dynamic midfielder at left back.

He left Tom Lawrence on the pitch for the full 90 minutes.

He brought on Kieron Dowell.

He also took ages to bring on the young guy who at least tries to go forward with the ball and take his man on from time to time. He’s no world beater but since he has been out the team we’ve looked weaker going forward.

That for me along with an unfit Roofe leading the line didn’t make any sense. I’m not blaming Roofe but surely it had to be the last twenty minutes when Dundee were tired to give him a chance.
It was a huge risk playing Roofe from the start. A risk that didn't pay off. I agree, although has Roofe been sitting on the bench needing game time and Clement has neglected to do so? It appears so after Clement saying several times that he needs to use his squad.

He came in and made us a solid unit, especially with injuries piling up, some teams weren't even registering a shot on target.
He stumbled upon playing Sterling in midfield due to lack of numbers, he was a revelation in there, he now plays him in his least effective position when we're crying out for his athleticism and drive in the middle of the park.
His team selections the past few weeks have been a joke.

He left our most enthusiastic, energetic and dynamic midfielder at left back.

He left Tom Lawrence on the pitch for the full 90 minutes.

He brought on Kieron Dowell.
Sterling had never played in midfield until he came here , it was the manager who put him in

Did he work wonders though? Or did he merely benefit from the fiddlers having a mid season crisis?

Dio. The guy with a sore thumb?

Sterling had never played in midfield until he came here , it was the manager who put him in
Irrelevant really what he’s done before.

He’s far better than Lundstram, Raskin, Dowell and Lawrence.

He’s athletic, energetic, committed and powerful. Everything we are lacking in midfield.

It’s been the same with the last two mangers and countless players. The hyperbole over short term performances is laughable.

Clement said before the game it’s not squad rotation I just see my players as a squad as one when he makes some baffling lineups ? Think he got lucky early doors and now is just winging it. He clearly looked panicked at full time asking shall I go to the fans , so yet another shitebag on the Ibrox Gravy Train Wage !!

Back