Piggery allocations next season gold only?

Total bollocks to gold only. I apply for every ticket home and away. Can’t afford Europe or buy women tickets, I’m stuck on highish silver. Said it for years those with most money are going to end up top of everything.

After way club is treating our own fans over this , some are in for a big shock on actual chances of getting scum ticket even with bigger allocation next season

Think you’ve completely misunderstood me from the start here….

All cat a games should be open to gold and gold only. So Celtic, Aberdeen and hearts. Probably add hibs to that next season.

The rest are open to all. But gold should still be seeing the higher percentage of tickets available in that.

If you apply for cat a tickets only open to gold you get don’t get any points.

If you apply for any other ticket whether bronze silver or gold you get points, even if unsuccessful. If you apply get offered the ticket and then don’t take it up all because your trying to get your points up you get a point deduction and removed from registering for games for a four or five games to discourage people just applying for the sake of applying.

For the avoidance of doubt, gold members deserve tickets for games before bronze or silver. But you can’t work it fully that way, but it should be a closed shop or cat A games for gold only.

Can't say I agree with that. While Gold members should, rightly, get the lions share of the tickets, there should always be the possibility of those that pay into the same loyalty scheme to aquire tickets. Otherwise, why pay for mygers at all?

Demand will always outstrip supply. The ones in Gold could effectively have a monopoly on category A tickets forevermore. Why would the 30k+ in the lower tiers even bother with it then? People's circumstances change all the time, I just bought a season ticket a few years ago at 35. What about young fans just starting out?

Everyone should have the possibility of a ticket. The tiers should only determine what the possibility is. If 50% of the tickets go to Gold with 5/6k members, then you already have more chance than someone in bronze with 20k members and 20% of the tickets.

Can't say I agree with that. While Gold members should, rightly, get the lions share of the tickets, there should always be the possibility of those that pay into the same loyalty scheme to aquire tickets. Otherwise, why pay for mygers at all?

Demand will always outstrip supply. The ones in Gold could effectively have a monopoly on category A tickets forevermore. Why would the 30k+ in the lower tiers even bother with it then? People's circumstances change all the time, I just bought a season ticket a few years ago at 35. What about young fans just starting out?

Everyone should have the possibility of a ticket. The tiers should only determine what the possibility is. If 50% of the tickets go to Gold with 5/6k members, then you already have more chance than someone in bronze with 20k members and 20% of the tickets.
There should be a chance for all, but not for the category a games. No chance someone on bronze should be going to parkhead or Tynecastle over someone on gold.

I’ve got one thanks. It’s you and your ticket for Parkhead this threads about.
No it's not. The original question was whether the club will keep it gold only as before when it was a reduced allocation or open it up. I've never disclosed my Mygers tier, or even if I even have one.

How do you ever get out of bronze without the opportunity to buy tickets? Or silver for that matter?
By applying and buying tickets for Perth, for Motherwell, for Dundee, for Livingston, for the other 8 clubs in the league, for the cup games, for the home games, for the away European games, for the home European games.

Basically the overal majority of other fixtures.

One thing I'm not sure about.Away European games.Do you get points for these?
5 points if it sells out in Gold
10 points if it sells out in Silver
15 points if it goes to Bronze

Was 15 points per match in previous seasons if I recall correctly but they tweaked it

Was 15 points per match in previous seasons if I recall correctly but they tweaked it
Yeah the 15 point thing was unfair in hindsight. Essentially people who went to euro aways whilst it was 15 points have a huge advantage and can rely on that wee boost for a few more seasons at least

The new 5/10/15 method is much fairer

Haven't done much traveling lately.I wanted to go to Liverpool but didn't have the points.Was there points for that?If so that kind of makes it a closed shop as I couldn't possibly access the points.

Haven't done much traveling lately.I wanted to go to Liverpool but didn't have the points.Was there points for that?If so that kind of makes it a closed shop as I couldn't possibly access the points.
How’s it a closed shop because you didn’t meet the points threshold?

That just means you didn’t accrue as many points as the people who were eligible over the 5 year period. That doesn’t make it a closed shop

I had friends in the home end that night that are now on 1900+ points, comfortably in gold

How’s it a closed shop because you didn’t meet the points threshold?

That just means you didn’t accrue as many points as the people who were eligible over the 5 year period. That doesn’t make it a closed shop

I had friends in the home end that night that are now on 1900+ points, comfortably in gold
By all means give the tickets to the most points.But you shouldn't also get points that others can't possibly get.

By all means give the tickets to the most points.But you shouldn't also get points that others can't possibly get.
Ok so is it unfair to give points for season ticket purchases? After all there’s a waiting list

What about European games at home where there was no public sale. Is it fair season ticket holders were able to buy their seat and get 5 points when some fans couldn’t?

Where do you draw the line?

Yeah the 15 point thing was unfair in hindsight. Essentially people who went to euro aways whilst it was 15 points have a huge advantage and can rely on that wee boost for a few more seasons at least

The new 5/10/15 method is much fairer
I don’t think someone spending hundreds to follow their team to shitnholes like Belgrade, or Cyprus, or. Liverpool and getting 15 points is unfair at all.

I don’t think someone spending hundreds to follow their team to shitnholes like Belgrade, or Cyprus, or. Liverpool and getting 15 points is unfair at all.
When allocations are so small I think a ticket + 5 points is a fair reward but I know my pals disagree and align with your thoughts. I personally thought it was a fair change but realise others disagree

You’d eventually be level with them. You’d then only overtake by outdoing them by buying extras which is exactly what the club want as they make more money

This has been pointed out for years
Yeah and a system has been created where you now have to buy everything to be in with a chance of something.

Season ticket renewal is 99%

I bought my season ticket in 2020. Four years ago. I started with zero points. I never even sat in the seat the first year, the stadium was empty. I'm cccs. I've bought every ticket I possibly could in that time. I've been to charity matches, b team games, the lot.

I'm still 300 points away from getting a ticket for Hampden. How do you make up 300 points?

Yeah and a system has been created where you now have to buy everything to be in with a chance of something.

I bought my season ticket in 2020. Four years ago. I started with zero points. I never even sat in the seat the first year, the stadium was empty. I'm cccs. I've bought every ticket I possibly could in that time. I've been to charity matches, b team games, the lot.

I'm still 300 points away from getting a ticket for Hampden. How do you make up 300 points?
You make up the 300 points by biding your time and bettering the purchase history of those above. It’s a rolling 5 year period so those above you will lose more points at the end of this season than you will so you will close the gap

I believe 18/19 is the current start point for this season. Therefore you’re missing 2 full years worth of points that others have? It’s no wonder you’re 300 short of a ticket in a 50/50 split

You make up the 300 points by biding your time and bettering the purchase history of those above. It’s a rolling 5 year period so those above you will lose more points at the end of this season than you will so you will close the gap

I believe 18/19 is the current start point for this season. Therefore you’re missing 2 full years worth of points that others have? It’s no wonder you’re 300 short of a ticket in a 50/50 split
But as long as those above keep buying, the thresholds just keep going up, as we have seen this season.

And now that everyone is savvy to the fact they have to buy, over time the differences between mygers account points will become ever smaller. People will hoarde tickets and resell to protect points, denying people a genuine opportunity to purchase tickets and accrue points, which fuels itself.

As I said before,

Gold members - the majority of tickets, fair, absolutely.

Gold members - all the tickets, not fair.

But as long as those above keep buying, the thresholds just keep going up, as we have seen this season.

And now that everyone is savvy to the fact they have to buy, over time the differences between mygers account points will become ever smaller. People will hoarde tickets and resell to protect points, denying people a genuine opportunity to purchase tickets and accrue points, which fuels itself.

As I said before,

Gold members - the majority of tickets, fair, absolutely.

Gold members - all the tickets, not fair.
Your point regarding thresholds going up is because there’s more points available than are dropping off. Of course they’re going to go up. If people really want to be gold they can’t rely on first team match attendance only (unless they’re a European away regular). It’s not ideal and it means wasting money on stuff you don’t need but the reality is there’s thousands of members doing it and they’ll be the ones climbing up. It’s not a closed shop though

The hoarding of tickets has always happened - even happens with season tickets. People buying multiple for themselves/scanning friends tickets in etc. It can’t ever be stopped

For domestic aways, allocations under 1000 should be gold only, allocations under 1750 gold and silver, then 1750+ all tiers. That’s how it should be in an ideal world

The only game I think the club may consider being gold only is hearts if it remains at 576.

Your point regarding thresholds going up is because there’s more points available than are dropping off. Of course they’re going to go up. If people really want to be gold they can’t rely on first team match attendance only (unless they’re a European away regular). It’s not ideal and it means wasting money on stuff you don’t need but the reality is there’s thousands of members doing it and they’ll be the ones climbing up. It’s not a closed shop though

The hoarding of tickets has always happened - even happens with season tickets. People buying multiple for themselves/scanning friends tickets in etc. It can’t ever be stopped

For domestic aways, allocations under 1000 should be gold only, allocations under 1750 gold and silver, then 1750+ all tiers. That’s how it should be in an ideal world

The only game I think the club may consider being gold only is hearts if it remains at 576.
None of the games should be gold only. How entitled can you get?

Gold members already, rightly as I said, get the majority of the tickets. For all the games.

That's not enough? They want all of them? Then complain it's not fair if someone in a lower category gets a ticket before them?

It's a lottery, stacked in their favour. A reward scheme for loyalty. And the reward is a much higher chance of getting a ticket. What else can they ask for?

None of the games should be gold only. How entitled can you get?

Gold members already, rightly as I said, get the majority of the tickets. For all the games.

That's not enough? They want all of them? Then complain it's not fair if someone in a lower category gets a ticket before them?

It's a lottery, stacked in their favour. A reward scheme for loyalty. And the reward is a much higher chance of getting a ticket. What else can they ask for?
A game with an allocation should be gold only when you consider Parkhead with 700 was meant to be gold only. That’s not being entitled. Why should a gold member who there due to 5 year purchase history have same chance as someone who’s only had a season ticket for a year?

A game with an allocation should be gold only when you consider Parkhead with 700 was meant to be gold only. That’s not being entitled. Why should a gold member who there due to 5 year purchase history have same chance as someone who’s only had a season ticket for a year?
They don't have the same chance, they have a much greater chance due to the fact that gold gets the majority of the tickets and there is far fewer people in gold.

What are you talking about?

They don't have the same chance, they have a much greater chance due to the fact that gold gets the majority of the tickets and there is far fewer people in gold.

What are you talking about?
There was some bronze members successful in the ballot which means gold missed out. On an allocation which is 576. That is a load of nonsense and shouldn’t happen

In relation to Celtic 3000, I’ve said multiple times all tiers should be balloted

There was some bronze members successful in the ballot which means gold missed out. On an allocation which is 576. That is a load of nonsense and shouldn’t happen

In relation to Celtic 3000, I’ve said multiple times all tiers should be balloted
Why should it not happen? It's not an open ballot. And being in gold will increase your chances of getting a ticket exponentially.

The overwhelming majority of the 576 will have come from gold. Out of what, 5k? However many are in gold? Say maybe a 1 in 12 chance of a ticket? Something like that?

How many bronze tickets do you think there even was? How many in bronze? Over 20k? Maybe what, a 1 in 500 chance of a ticket?

What do you want, all of them? To reduce the odds from 1 in 12 to 1 in 10? And you'd still expect the majority for the other games as well, obviously. Because it's fair.

People in silver and bronze should be entitled to at least have a chance at a ticket, or why even pay into a scheme designed to facilitate ticket purchases?

It’s either a closed shop or it isn’t. You’ve said not completely closed so we’ve established it’s not a closed shop
You said everyone could catch up in 5 years. I said you couldn’t if those already in gold bought everything available. You agreed. A closed shop if you will.

You can either catch up in 5 years or you can’t. Glad we’ve established that.

Two can play that game.

Last edited:
Simple solution

Bring back the old away scheme where we knew what we were getting at the start of each season

Travel club for European aways

Season ticket prices go up, introduce Mygers lite for non season ticket holders so the club still make income that way

Stops all this I'm a bigger fan than you nonsense that the tiers has introduced
I did prefer that way of away tickets but it’s impossible now due to clubs changing the goal posts

I’ve never bought an add on and I’m on 2000 odd points I’m sure

Every ST Holder, inconvenienced by today's decision, should be the first to receive an option for a ticket to the Piggery.
No matter what their MyGers status is.
^^^ this^^^ these supporters will loose out at the home matches to accommodate that scum. Then they should be compensated by offering them tickets to mordor first. Fairs fair. Wont happen though this board have shat the bed. Buckled to scum and their media mouth pieces.

Back