Pitch work at Ibrox taking place

Hardly tarting up the pitch.

Have you seen the nick of it at the Leverkusen game? It needs replaced.

We clearly have budgeted for it but not for the loss of 5 home games, the uncertainty of Coronavirus and the delay in season ticket income.

We're well within our rights to use the Job Retention Scheme for its intended purpose of protecting jobs. That doesn't mean all short and medium term planning goes out the window. The purpose of it is to ensure a successful company comes out the other side.

i did see that the pitch was a mess but that was after about 8 games in 4 weeks during the wettest winter in record. Since that game it has barely rained and there has been no games. Surely with all the manpower we have we should be able to make that pitch better without ripping it up

i did see that the pitch was a mess but that was after about 8 games in 4 weeks during the wettest winter in record. Since that game it has barely rained and there has been no games. Surely with all the manpower we have we should be able to make that pitch better without ripping it up

The pitch was in a terrible state first game back v Stranraer after the winter break and got steadily worse the more it was played on.

We also aren’t ripping it up, stop listening to Keef Jackson.

If they're not ripping it up then it'll definitely need a hell of a lot of work. Seeded, 24/7 UV lighting, covered. I'm not a horticulturist but I imagine that doesn't come cheap.

The money that is sustaining us in furlough will be paid back many times over in future years through our VAT & PAYE etc.

If bar workers can't pour a pint from their living room, why are pubs closed? Because certain jobs aren't essential.

If you can work from home, you should. If you can't work from home AND your job is essential, then you need to go to into work.
The government policy states that you can leave your home to go to work, if you absolutely cannot work from home.

It makes absolutely no mention of essential/key workers only.

A certain clown of a journalist has added a twist, aye its the Ibrox pitch preventing football being played

That is absolutely shocking reporting. Painting the picture that there was a chance games could possible start in a few weeks but because of this, it cant?? The entire country went be coming out of this for a couple of months, never mind football restarting.

I hope our PR pull them up for that.

The government policy states that you can leave your home to go to work, if you absolutely cannot work from home.

It makes absolutely no mention of essential/key workers only.

This is 100% correct.

In addition the government has closed bars, restaurants and non-essential retailers. So if you work in one of these sectors you are likely to be unable to work just now, unless you can wfh.

I think building sites were slightly more complicated with the Scot Govt adding them to the listed of closed activities early on and initially the UK giver not doing so. But they are aligned now.

But the above poster is correct, apart from the govt specified industry exceptions you can still travel to work if you can’t work from home.

The spin he's put on that is ridiculous, even for him and his rag.

“A Ibrox spokesman confirmed to Record Sport.”

He’s literally lifted the quote right from David Edgar’s post one here and on Twitter.

I wish that wannabe shock jock, piss poor journalist and all round cunt flap Keith Jackson would fuck right off and leave us all in peace.

Its the annual renovations being carried out as far as I'am aware. it's been done ahead of the usual window incase we will be playing come June/July time.

Several other clubs also doing it.

Pitch maintenace is essential at the moment but after this is done, Expect the staff number to be cut back at both Ibrox and the RTC.
Why do you reckon this?

the clubs statement mentioned the fact the players wages are deferred meant they could keep the staff on.

I personally don’t think given what is going on with the country and our clubs cash flow that a pretty pitch is a necessity. When we were winning 9 in a row our pitch was usually a midden.

When we have publicly came out and said that we can’t afford to keep the club going without taking out wages I think we have a cheek to be tarting up a pitch.

we are acting like the family with the big mortgage and two cars on finance that they can’t really afford

You are "Rugger Guy" and I claim my £5! :p

The fact that it's described as essential means it meets the criteria of being allowed.

Pretty sure plenty RA's in place for allowing this.

“A Ibrox spokesman confirmed to Record Sport.”

He’s literally lifted the quote right from David Edgar’s post one here and on Twitter.

I wish that wannabe shock jock, piss poor journalist and all round cunt flap Keith Jackson would fuck right off and leave us all in peace.

I meant Jackson's headline spin insinuating the league could restart soon but we've made sure it won't.

There is no such thing as essential work.

If you cannot work from home you can still go to work.
Not so much in Scotland mate.

Much as I reckon the Ibrox pitch long term improving will be a good think it's hardly helping fight the battle against coronavirus.

I thought work had started the week after the old firm was postponed? German teams are back training, its not beyond the realms of possibility that we could have games in 4-6 weeks

333.gif

A certain clown of a journalist has added a twist, aye its the Ibrox pitch preventing football being played

He seems to spend his time trying to turn every Rangers story into a negative. What i don't understand is, as a news paper, surely at somepoint the "good news" from parkhead dries up and Rangers become the main force in Scottish football. At that point he's burnt his bridges and will be getting feck all exclusives.

Theres pitch work going on but the only thing getting ripped up is jackoffsons newspaper.

Back