Place to watch the game tomorrow in Clydebank

JRei23

Unfortunately I'm working tomorrow in the Clydebank area.
Any suggestions on a 'neutral' pace to watch the game ?

Mackintosh or Park Bar in Dalmuir, maybe a mixed clientele in the Atlantis. A bit further along the road from Old Kilpatrick and you could go to the Bay Inn.

The Lusset in Old Kilpatrick for sure, back in the day the Royal in Dalmuir was the place, unfortunately it closed many years ago.

should've mentioned the west park hotel or village tavern in duntocher are also fine
I'm not so sure about the Village Tavern in Duntocher. Drank in the Duntiglennan, 4 or 5 times a week (we played a lot of 5's!!) for the best part of 20 years in the 80's/90's and, although I was always known as a Rangers fan and played football with a lot of the Professional Catholics, knew not to go near the place anywhere around OF games. My mates who either supported them or were ambivalent also felt the same. Win or Lose, it always ended up tim-on-tim and not worth the hassle.

It may have changed as I moved away 20 years ago, but I wouldn't have thought Duntocher was a safe place for a Bluenose on OF day.

Not sure where would be best as I've been away for 20 years, but Lusset was always safe enough (but as a previous poster said may be sold out)

From someone who works in Clydebank your best bet is to avoid the place altogether or just stay in failing that travel to PRW that way you know your amongst your own people and will feel safe.

No point pissing about trying to get in the Lusset - Get yourself up to the Tower in Drumchapel (I'm sure it's bear friendly).
1000018486.jpg

think you might be right

I'm not so sure about the Village Tavern in Duntocher. Drank in the Duntiglennan, 4 or 5 times a week (we played a lot of 5's!!) for the best part of 20 years in the 80's/90's and, although I was always known as a Rangers fan and played football with a lot of the Professional Catholics, knew not to go near the place anywhere around OF games. My mates who either supported them or were ambivalent also felt the same. Win or Lose, it always ended up tim-on-tim and not worth the hassle.

It may have changed as I moved away 20 years ago, but I wouldn't have thought Duntocher was a safe place for a Bluenose on OF day.

Not sure where would be best as I've been away for 20 years, but Lusset was always safe enough (but as a previous poster said may be sold out)
You’ll remember the 52 seater that used to leave from the Maltings? Duntocher Loyal!

Last time I passed the duntiglennan looked closed. Village tavern owned by one of the guys from wet wet wet ?

Lusset were advertising tickets on their Facebook earlier today. Haven’t been for a while but it’s always a good sash bash in there any time I’ve been. Far from neutral!

Back