Play Balogun and souttar rest of the season

Goldson is finished with us surely.

There was a point today where it looks like he was in pain during a light jog.

He’s been a nervous wreck for weeks; well before it set into the rest of the team. He is finished at this level.
100% he has and even the press conference he done couple of weeks ago you can tell with his reaction too, i hope Balogun is ok from his sickness and can play on sunday i would start him

He should have been binned weeks ago, but the manager keeps playing and seems happy to let him cause us all sorts of problems.

Nothing is changing between now and the end of the season, and probably further than that as well.

It's not going to happen I'm afraid :mad: Goldson under contract to 2026 I think. No one will take him on the wage he is on at us. I fear we will see him with us next year.

Maybe it's playing alongside Goldson that's knocked his confidence but Soutar hasn't been great lately either.
Souttar has been better than goldson thats for sure but anybody would be playing shite along side him, souttar always has to fill in for him ino you have to help your team mate out but every game is too much for that something needs to change at the back

Souttar is the weakest link.

That's not to talk up the others.
I think your the weakest link pal by saying that‍♂️ goldson is the weakest link he has cost us too many goals this season with balls over the top because he cant deal with them so dont talk a load of dog shite here

How many times have we seen Goldson over hit that direct baw by about half a mile?!

Teams know he's honking with the ball at his feet, allowing him to step up, knowing at some point he'll result in launching it

I would drop Goldson he gets found out every game now and just like Aberdeen game a ball over the top he cant deal with and he has been crap too!!
Aye, he’s very poor ball player and not a very physical defender either. The only thing I could say for him tonight was he got on the end of a few corners, still didn’t manage to put one away right enough.

Souttar is the weakest link.

That's not to talk up the others.
Could be the case mate, Soutar hasn’t done anything and made as many mistakes as Goldson to be dropped

But at the end of the day, we can drop as many of the defence and midfield as we want, we still have dessers up front

How many times have we seen Goldson over hit that direct baw by about half a mile?!

Teams know he's honking with the ball at his feet, allowing him to step up, knowing at some point he'll result in launching it

Chronic isn’t it. Then looks about as if to say, ‘ no my fault’

Aye, he’s very poor ball player and not a very physical defender either. The only thing I could say for him tonight was he got on the end of a few corners, still didn’t manage to put one away right enough.

Never does. Better facing our own goal than the oppo

Maybe it's playing alongside Goldson that's knocked his confidence but Soutar hasn't been great lately either.
Souttar has been decent, I appreciate that’s not the required level but he was possibly the only one in my eyes that got pass marks tonight.

I wouldn’t disagree whatsoever with needing 2 CBs, but the reason we never won tonight was midfield forward. We kept a clean sheet and we’re pretty solid. Simply, we have zero creativity midfield forwards. No point in getting angry and pulling out John Souttar as the reason for our pish performance tonight. Did Silva, Matondo, Dessers. Roofe, Sima, Cantwell, Lawrence or Lundstram do ANYTHING creative, positive or skilful? Not once.

Defence wasn't our issue tonight, although it definitely was on Sunday.

It was our midfield and attack who did absolutely f*ck all tonight.
Correct. This is a bizarre take on tonight's display. Middle to front were abysmal. Goldson was the least of our worries tonight

Correct. This is a bizarre take on tonight's display. Middle to front were abysmal. Goldson was the least of our worries tonight
Goldson pinging a 30-40 yarder to %^*& all doesn't help. Done it more than a handful of times tonight.

At least souttar steps forward and looks to break the lines a bit

It’s staggering that the club decided to give a 4 year contract to a guy who ran his contract down in order to make himself more attractive to clubs down south. After hawking himself all over England we take him back. Ridiculous management at boardroom level and systematic of the way the club is run

Thought Goldson genuinely had his best game for a while and signs of getting confidence back. His passes weren't great but least he was trying to incite something, more than can be said for our midfield. They were very much the problem today.

I would drop Goldson he gets found out every game now and just like Aberdeen game a ball over the top he cant deal with and he has been crap too!!
I'd play Sterling Balogun King and Djeko.

It couldn't be any worse than what's getting served up now

Let’s not pretend Souttar isn’t fucking appallingly bad as well btw

Would genuinely be happy never to see Goldson in a Rangers shirt ever again. To put it into context, he's played more games for us than players like Weir, Amoruso, Craig Moore, Terry Butcher. Almost as many as John Brown. Well over 200 games and he has two trophies to show for it.

Poorer than all of them, won nowhere near as much as any of them. We will never be successful so long as he's our best defender organising our defence. Get fucking rid. I'm done watching him fail, and he's only getting worse.
I hate being personal about it but he’s possibly my least favourite rangers player ever. Just infuriates me

Goldson is finished and I'd rather have King in there at least he can run.

Back