• Glen Kamara

Votes: 18 5.2%
  • Other (Comment in thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Loyal72

Ronseal, calendar year.

Who you got?

Aribo for me, followed closely by Goldson I have to say.

Goldson? Surely not, until a few weeks ago he couldn’t be arsed. Rules him out for this season performances until Gio.

It’s Aribo.

Last edited:
From January to May, mixture of Goldson, Tav or Kamara. From July onwards, Aribo. Probably Aribo deserves it based on him still being consistent when we were awful under Gerrard this season.

Listening to a couple of the recent Heart & Hand podcasts, Sunday’s against St Mirren and Dundee the other week, the thing that struck me was that there were very few players who weren’t in the running for MOTM.

Similarly I think there are a significant number of players who have a fair shout to be player of the calendar year, which I think is great. I don’t have a single stand out choice but I wouldn’t be upset if the body of the Kirk chose any of MacGregor, Tavernier, Goldson, Helander, Kamara, Davis, Hagi, Kent, Morelos, Roofe (apologies to any I have overlooked) and what a wonderful position to be in, having so many genuine contenders.

You need to start by looking at the players who were seriously considered for POTY in 20/21

That's Tav, Goldson, Davis & McGregor. Add in Kamara for the many who like him.

Then add in Aribo.

Nobody else is close in terms of the calendar year

McGregor has not been as good this season and Davis has hardly played that much. They can be discounted on a calendar year basis. same applies to Aribo who has been brilliant this season but wasn't anywhere near that in the first part of this year.

Kamara has done well but he's not been totally at it this season imo and wasn't quite as good as a couple of others last season either

That leaves Tav & Goldson. It's a tough one but I'm sticking with my choice for last season's POTY which was Tav. Unbeaten league winning captain (whether you like it or not), millions of goals and assists. Can't see how anybody else has done better in 2021.

Poll has been added so the thread isn't too messy.

But yeah, January to May and then July to December.

Calendar year.

Full calendar year? James Tavernier

His numbers for a right back are wild
His numbers for last season we’re ludicrous, but his real ‘purple patch‘ last season came pre-Christmas, did it not? His injury in February came just around the point his form has dipped down just to superb. He was without doubt the player of last season, comfortably in my opinion despite the strong competition from McGregor, Davis, Goldson and others.

Aribo for the calendar year for me. Tav didn’t start this season well, though he was hardly alone in that. But Aribo carried on his form of last season right through until Sunday. Sky is the limit for him.

His numbers for last season we’re ludicrous, but his real ‘purple patch‘ last season came pre-Christmas, did it not? His injury in February came just around the point his form has dipped down just to superb. He was without doubt the player of last season, comfortably in my opinion despite the strong competition from McGregor, Davis, Goldson and others.

Aribo for the calendar year for me. Tav didn’t start this season well, though he was hardly alone in that. But Aribo carried on his form of last season right through until Sunday. Sky is the limit for him.

All about opinions :)

Aribo / Kamara and Goldson (bar a short period of brain farts) would be right up there for me as well.

Joe Aribo can go to any level he wants in the game - he has everything pace / power / touch / vision and strength - we will do well to hold on to him in this window based on current form.

asked my step son his opinion and he says Glen Kamara ... so there you go all about opinions :)

Ronseal, calendar year.

Who you got?

Aribo for me, followed closely by Goldson I have to say.
Aribo for me. Mainstay of our team last season and went up a few gears this season. An absolutely wonderful footballer on his day.

Goldson for me

For last season's performances and for what he has done this season
Second to none

For the full of 2021 went for Tav.

For the first half of this season it would be Aribo.

For the year 2021, as opposed to this season, there's only two contenders for me - Goldson or Tav. Won't suit some on here though ha ha. If we only looked at the last few months then Aribo - but we aren't. Can't believe he's currently so far ahead in the poll, many would have happily moved him on earlier in the year.

Goldson for me - even this season his 'bad' performances weren't as bad as made out by those jumping on him for not signing a contract extension.

For the year 2021, as opposed to this season, there's only two contenders for me - Goldson or Tav. Won't suit some on here though ha ha. If we only looked at the last few months then Aribo - but we aren't. Can't believe he's currently so far ahead in the poll, many would have happily moved him on earlier in the year.

Goldson for me - even this season his 'bad' performances weren't as bad as made out by those jumping on him for not signing a contract extension.

No possible way can Aribo be calendar player of the year.

Fair enough, maybe I’m being harsh I just think his application most of this season takes him out of that.!

His application was no better or worse than anyone else early this season under Gerrard mate.

However, he was absolutely outstanding in the 2nd half of last season and has been back to his best since Gio came in.

That's taking nothing away from Aribo's recent form btw.
His performances have been off the scale and he's playing better than at anytime he did under Gerrard.

It is actually difficult as there are 3 distinct stages here. End of season 20/21. Start of season 21/22 under Gerrard and then end of 2021 under Gio. Players played very different in each.

For the second half of 2021 Aribo has easily been our best player. He was also very good in the first half. So he gets my vote.

Tav was solid more or less throughout except under Gerrard this season. Same applies to McGregor, Goldson, Morelos.

Kent has been good over the course but injured a fair bit.

Back