Player Ratings and Stats from the papers

Must have seen a different game because Kamara was the stand out midfielder and Barisic was different class, Newell should have been sent off and boy wonder Doig who didn’t threaten us could play until he’s 40 and not come close to the current level of Patterson

The Kent aspect is interesting as he was frustrating the life out of me but in general he was the man who looked like he’d make something happen and came up with a great bit of play to win us the penalty. As turgid as it was last night some players still made key contributions whilst not being at their best.

The Kent aspect is interesting as he was frustrating the life out of me but in general he was the man who looked like he’d make something happen and came up with a great bit of play to win us the penalty. As turgid as it was last night some players still made key contributions whilst not being at their best.
For me, 99% of the time, regardless of how he’s playing we should leave Kent on.

He’s got pace, occupies at least two attacking players and last night was shooting from outside the box. We don’t win last night without Ryan Kent.
Thst said, he didn’t have a great game, but he made the difference.

Barisic has been really solid the last 3 games, never seen him win so many headers and make so many tackles.
Playing like a left back, been class
It's no often I disagree with either of you but I'm not seeing this at all. He's the weak link in defence for me. Although I will say last night was probably his strongest recent performance but still not the required level. It's so easy to get past him, he gets dragged inside far too often(eg Cadden chance last night) and his delivery isn't as consistent as it was previously.

Barisic has been really solid the last 3 games, never seen him win so many headers and make so many tackles.

Agree with this, think it's gone a bit under the radar but he has defended really well the past few games. Couple of great blocks last night in particular.

Maybe the pressure of not having to get forward and create as much under Gio's tactics suits him and has allowed him to focus more on his defending. Or maybe even the bold Sasa shared some tips with him when they were out together a few weeks ago and highlighted the benefits of being a solid, no-nonsense left back.

Kent was in general poor last night in my opinion but still managed some of our most dangerous moments plus winning the pen.

Great win

Agree with this, think it's gone a bit under the radar but he has defended really well the past few games. Couple of great blocks last night in particular.

Maybe the pressure of not having to get forward and create as much under Gio's tactics suits him and has allowed him to focus more on his defending. Or maybe even the bold Sasa shared some tips with him when they were out together a few weeks ago and highlighted the benefits of being a solid, no-nonsense left back.

The defence has been much more unified and closer together, which makes it easier to defend as they are less isolated

Other than the one time Cadden got by him (and borna bought us a free kick) he dealt with him really well.

It's no often I disagree with either of you but I'm not seeing this at all. He's the weak link in defence for me. Although I will say last night was probably his strongest recent performance but still not the required level. It's so easy to get past him, he gets dragged inside far too often(eg Cadden chance last night) and his delivery isn't as consistent as it was previously.
He hasn't been perfect i guess it was just because he was so poor before Gio came in and its good to see him win tackles etc, his positional play is still poor at times but its a decent enough start anyway.

Must have seen a different game because Kamara was the stand out midfielder and Barisic was different class, Newell should have been sent off and boy wonder Doig who didn’t threaten us could play until he’s 40 and not come close to the current level of Patterson

Tavernier comfortably got the better of Doig, yet again.

For me, 99% of the time, regardless of how he’s playing we should leave Kent on.

He’s got pace, occupies at least two attacking players and last night was shooting from outside the box. We don’t win last night without Ryan Kent.
My younger bro said similar to me after the one.

Even when it’s not happening for him, there’s always a decent chance he wins you the game

That’s the thing about this team Dado.

Kent, Aribo, Hagi are three guys who can not be at their best but produce a moment of quality to win us the match.

Last night was another example of that.

The penalty last night was the perfect example as to why Kent should stay on.

Back