Players can leave after 30th june contracts

Yip, this is the problem, the league can't be fairly finished if players leave, new ones signed, and can't be finished at all as spfl have said no football until June.

It's null and void, there are no Champions

Make no bones about it, these sleekit corrupt shower of shithouses will be one step in front of everything to make sure their mentally challenged club gets their *title.

You could have the likes of West Ham gambling offering 500k a week to Willian (just for talk sake I don't know all the free agents) for the final 8/9 games and he is free to go again, becomes the catalyst and keeps them up.

It's unlikely but it could happen.

Yes in England

FIFA says it will allow associations to move the dates of this summer's transfer window.

Very interesting to see what the bag of Snakes make of it up here.

Yes in England

FIFA says it will allow associations to move the dates of this summer's transfer window.

Regardless of what the charlatans in charge up here do, they can’t change employment law.
So anyone out of contract is free to do what they please in their own best interests.
Even with transfers windows being changed that doesn’t apply to players out of contract.

This merely confirms what many of us on here were saying earlier in the week. You cannot force a player - or a club for that matter - to change the terms of the contract. It must be by agreement.

As I have said UK Employment Law supersedes anything UEFA might suggest/demand regarding players contracts.

An agreed contract between an employer and employee is legally binding on both parties and can only be changed with the expressed agreement of both, not by a 3rd party.

UEFA will of course know this and will be fully aware of the shit coming down on 30 June as players who signed Bosmans in the last transfer window move to their new clubs.

Any chance that you know who those players are?
We know of Hagi and Kamberi on loan so they will go back.
We have Halliday and Wes out of contract, a couple of others as well but none of our key players.
Our 2 loan players will be hardest to replace.

Agents are jumping on this. Many out-of-contract players have already committed to other clubs via pre-contract arrangements and will not agree to extend the current contract to complete the season because of the risk of long-term injury. Their new clubs won’t agree either and there will be insurance issues for all parties. Also, newly signed players will not be able to play for their new clubs in a restarted ‘old’ season so teams would be weaker. The EPL is desperate to restart some time in May in order to safeguard their TV revenue streams and complete the season before 30 June when contracts expire. In Scotland contracts tend to end on 31 May. So our window is closing rapidly.

Regardless of what the charlatans in charge up here do, they can’t change employment law.
So anyone out of contract is free to do what they please in their own best interests.
Even with transfers windows being changed that doesn’t apply to players out of contract.
Most players will sign a short term extension if offered. Some clubs will happy to save the wages and will release players

Most players will sign a short term extension if offered. Some clubs will happy to save the wages and will release players
Why would a player sign a 2 month contract and risk injury which stops then signing for another team on a longer deal?

Yes in England

This is a complete bag of worms. Players Out of contract may not want to stay and play, what if they get injured during the extension. Clubs may want players out of contract, with no resale value, off their payrol. The transfer window, most clubs will want this opened earlier if possible not later. Their most liquid assets are the playing staff and while the market will contract in both sales and values cash can be obtained to aid day to day operations.

All parties up here know this hence the push for a quick decision as the longer term play becomes nul and void.

No telling how much lost revenue will impact clubs in terms of offering new contracts. I reckon clubs will try to make do with smaller squads to cut costs. A lot of players may find themselves struggling to find a new club.

Why would a player sign a 2 month contract and risk injury which stops then signing for another team on a longer deal?
Agree with this. I would expect most players who's contract ends, if they have not got another team to go to, would be looking for a longer deal, i.e. another year, to stay to protect their earnings in case of injury. If they have another team to go to I don't think they would risk the longer contract elsewhere for 2 months pay at their current clubs.

This was the list from the Record in January

Jon Flanagan

Andy Halliday

Wes Foderingham

Andy Firth

Eduardo Herrera

Jason Holt

Jordan Rossiter

Jak Alnwick

End of loans

Sheyi Ojo

It depends on how good they are, players will do what is best for themselves. If another club offers them a longer deal on more money then there’s not a chance they will sign a 2 month extension.
But bang average players not in demand probably will.

Does this not just give another reason to those determined to declare winners now?

This was always going to be the biggest tripwire to extending the season. And the reason used by the powers that be to end the season now and not after May. All that remains to be decided is to whether the season is null and void, or awarded like something from a lucky bag.

I hate UEFA.

All this to make sure they get their TV and advertising dough.

The season is over. Null and void during a period of global health emergency.

Nobody should be risking their lives and livelihoods so that some fat cat UEFA prick get’s their enormous bonus

The realisation that I’ll never see Ojo in a Rangers jersey again has put a right big smile on my face!

Back