Players Covering Mouth When Speaking

This is a totally different society we live in. Everything scrutinised, exaggerated, twisted. A player being human only has to say the wrong thing and he's in the Dock for racism, sectarianism, character assassinated, reputation fekked. We've all seen what happened with innocent gestures, Hartson is now mainstream calling the club "morally dreadful"

don’t blame them, twitter and the likes would go into meltdown if they could actually understand them

I don't see an issue with it. If you were passing on a message etc while there is a chance that the opposition could hear (or tv cameras were on you) why not cover up.

I get the feeling this is something they are taught by their clubs.

We all know the media would use anything to create a story, this just simply removes that possibility.

Always found it strange , can understand managers/coaches doing it if its to do with game but i have seen opposition players doing it , mafia style fs lol

I personally don't have an issue with it. These guys lives are under the microscope 24/7 so it must be good for them to speak without the words being over analyzed. There will be umpteen lip readers employed by various companies at every match trying to pick up on something. When they are talking about tactics or opposition players then I would expect them to cover their mouths

Too right.

It's common sense to do it in my opinion, especially with the number of mental fans who will try and get you into trouble for saying the wrong thing.

I'd be drumming it into my players to do it all the time.

With the millions of £ in football why do people think clubs wouldn’t employ lip readers?

If a manager can get a heads up on opponents tactic changes even 30 seconds before they work it out, surely this is beneficial.

It might be an American thing as teams were using lip readers during live games. Not sure why it might be relevant at Bayview right enough.

Makes complete sense IMO

The press have used lip readers previously to create stories or to push bans for some players

Limiting access to the lounge until 250 posts though......lol

Don’t kid yourselves on. MSM pick up something controversial our players have said, without covering their mouths, and they’ll be all over it. Not forgetting the mentally challengeds.

Teach them sign language. But then again, our friends in the press would examine all our footage to see if anything offensive was signed.

Don't see the problem with players & team officials doing it, especially in a day & age where match footage is over analysed to the hilt.

Away you go. Every aspect of their lives is played out in the public eye (through no choice of their own), no wonder they cover their mouth.

Plus if they're talking tactics, opposition would use this in future games 100%.
I agree. I despair about what social media I doing.

Back