Players that must go this summer?

I think there is a player there with Cardoso that might be worth persevering with.

I would add Foderingham to that list if McGregor or Ward are signing. I actually think Alnwick looks more solid and commanding. I would add Wallace and Dorrans to the list also. Finished for me, cant go more than a few months without serious injury

130917_rangers_team_2017-18_01.jpg

(This may be a tad harsh)

I think there is a player there with Cardoso that might be worth persevering with.

I would add Foderingham to that list if McGregor or Ward are signing. I actually think Alnwick looks more solid and commanding. I would add Wallace and Dorrans to the list also. Finished for me, cant go more than a few months without serious injury

Sounds mental after losing 5 goals but I think alnwick commanded his area well on Sunday. if we could get £2-3m for fod I'd be happy keeping Alnwick as number 1.

Sounds mental after losing 5 goals but I think alnwick commanded his area well on Sunday. if we could get £2-3m for fod I'd be happy keeping Alnwick as number 1.

I genuinely had absolutely no faith in Alnwick at all, until recently when he has shipped something like 15 goals, bizarrely I now have more confidence in him than in Wes, he just seems like a better all round goalkeeper.

I genuinely had absolutely no faith in Alnwick at all, until recently when he has shipped something like 15 goals, bizarrely I now have more confidence in him than in Wes, he just seems like a better all round goalkeeper.

He was at fault for a few of the goals on Sunday. He's miles from being anywhere near the level required.

IMO:
Foderingham (Sold ££1-2 Million to English Championship)
Cardoso (Sold back to Portugal ££1 Million if we're lucky)
Wallace (Careers probably over at us)
Windass (Sold ££3-4 Million to Burnley or Cardiff)
Dodoo (Loan)
Herrera (Hopefully sold back to Mexico)
Halliday (Released)
Hodson (Released)
Morelos (Maybe sold but i'd keep and develop him there is a player there and hopefully Gerrard and co can get best out him)
Candeias (journeyman for a reason squad player at best)
Alves (Sold back to Italy to top up his tan ££500k)
Holt (Sold)
O'Halloran (Use him as part of deal to sign Jones or another player)
Hardie (Contract Expires)
Forrester (Loan)
Thompson (Contract expires)
Pena (Hopefully F off back to Mexico for good)

I expect we will give Cardoso another year as we will not recoup his transfer fee and we need back 4 options. Alnwick will stay and Wes punted if McGregor signs.

For the rest - of the OP's selections - they have no part to play next season although some may dig their heels in and decide to let their contracts run out.

You're just making them up now.

In seriousness for the OP:

Alnwick
Hodson
Cardoso
Martin
Alves
Wallace
Halliday
Holt
O'Halloran
Forrester
Dalcio
Goss
Dodoo
Pena
Miller
Herrera

Fee's dependent, you could add Foderingham, Tavernier and Windass.

You can definitely add windass to that list

He was at fault for a few of the goals on Sunday. He's miles from being anywhere near the level required.

On Sunday? As in against hibs? He wasn't at fault for a single goal.

I agree that he isn't what we need for a number 1 but at no point did I say I thought he was, just that hes better than Wes.

Last edited:
I thought Alnwick had a poor game personally on sun

I thought Alnwick had a poor game personally on sun

Based on what though? Him conceding 5 goals? Surely the defense who were at fault for that need to shoulder the blame?

Other than that how can he have a bad game?

Also, let's not confuse this with me being a fan of him, I just think hes not as bad as I suspected and that he's better than Wes.

After a very very long time ...... Hello FF....

I think Dr Jackson need to go ... I have my eye on his post for a very long time. ;)

Rest of the squad ... won't mind if all left.

On Sunday? As in against hibs? He wasn't at fault for a single goal.

I agree that he isn't what we need for a number 1 but at no point did I say I thought he was, just that hes better than Wes.

He didn't even make an effort with 2 of them (all-beit the first was right in the corner he wouldn't have gotten near it). The fifth his decision making to go to ground was a bit strange, he was never getting near the cut-back.

I'd keep Cardosa (Cardoso :D) for another season, his attitude has been exceptional and I definitely think there is a player in there.

He didn't even make an effort with 2 of them (all-beit the first was right in the corner he wouldn't have gotten near it). The fifth his decision making to go to ground was a bit strange, he was never getting near the cut-back.

I assume the one in the corner you mean is the header? Surely Martin is at fault for not winning the header? As for the keeper saving that, you can't be serious, its a superb header.

The fifth, he was going down to smother the ball and it took a deflection off Bates and came off Alnwick, again not his fault. Tav is to blame for the 5th.

interested to know how we get some of those out the door.
clever agents will use up our transfer kitty in pay offs.

Have you ever played in goal? He was not at fault for any one of them.

Must admit I’d keep Cardoso, he’s young and you can see he’s hungry.

Poor guy was flung under the bus against them.

Potential there playing alongside a more solid defence and midfield in front of him.

Hungry to pick up £10k per week, thats about all.

A shorter list would be who we should keep. I'm going to say it, I think I'd be happy if all trace of the Warburton era were to go.(except Rossiter) They have all been the common factor in our weak mentality.

Hodson
Martin - loan ended
Alves
Cardoso
Wallace
Holt
Halliday
Goss - loan ended
Herrera
Peña
Miller
Forrester
Hardie
Dodoo
O'Halloran

Hopefully cash in on Foderingham, Tavernier, Windass and Morelos (if we are looking at similar money to January?).

How the hell are there still Rangers supporters who dont effin know how to spell or pronounce our players names? Unreal.

It's not just supporters. Ally McCoist refers to 'Morales' every time he's on the BT panel. :eek:
Is it too much to expect that an ex-player and manager could at least get a current player's name right?!

Better off saying who you would keep, for me, Jack,McCrorie,John,Murphy,Morelos,Rossiter,possibly Tavernier although I’d expect him to leave, the rest wouldn’t be missed

Several have been seriously bad value for money:

Pena
Hererra
Alves
Cardoso
Dorrans

Of the loans:

Cummings - has done very little
Murphy - inconsistent at best
Martin - a donkey
Goss - didn't make it

Keep if we can:

Ross McCrorie
James Tavernier
Declan John
Greg Docherty
Daniel Candeias
Alfredo Morelos
Jordan Rossiter
Jak Alnwick

Just not really what we need anymore:

Jason Holt
Josh Windass
Wes Foderingham
Kenny Miller
Lee Wallace
Andy Halliday
Lee Hodson

Dorrans? He's had an injury plagued season and been in a team who have performed dreadfully! Give the man an unbroken season to prove his worth!! cool your horses
I agree - there are extenuating circumstances in the case of Dorrans that might justify giving him another chance. Besides, if he were put up for sale we could expect only a paltry transfer fee. Under Gerrard he'll know it'll be a case of shape up or ship out. - I suspect we might well see a different Dorrans next season.

I'd like to see us keep McCrorie and Rossiter (hopefully he can now prove his fitness).

I don't really give a shit if we sell anyone/everyone else.

It's going to be a very busy summer, one would hope. Most of the squad needs to be given the push and then upgraded.

Lee Hodson
Fabio Cardoza
Russel Martin
Andy Halliday
MOH
Joe Dodoo
Harry Forrester
Gullit Pena
Lalo Hererra

In my opinion all of the above are offering nothing and must be shown the exit door.
I think you should add Windass to that list and possibly Foderingham and Wallace as well. Dorrans, Cummings, and Holt should also be up for debate.

Interestingly MOH, Dodoo, Forrester, Pena and Herrera are not listed as part of the 1st team squad on the official site

Dorrans? He's had an injury plagued season and been in a team who have performed dreadfully! Give the man an unbroken season to prove his worth!! cool your horses

Don’t see how he is gonna fit in with us. Gerrard wants high aggressive press and Dorrans has no legs and big wage we can’t carry players

Don’t see how he is gonna fit in with us. Gerrard wants high aggressive press and Dorrans has no legs and big wage we can’t carry players

How do you know this? Has Gerrard indicated that is what he wants and the way he intends to play?

Back