Players to keep

Butland.
That’s about it.

We can’t ditch them all and buy a full squad, but none I would say was a must-stay apart from JB

McCrorie will want first team fitba somewhere else and I'll greet if goldson is still here
Always felt Glodson was better with a good player next to him, Balogun/Hellander. If a decent offer came in then i would say sell but we need to start somewhere and would rather have Goldson back up than Davies/Balogun (just cause of age and injuries). Defo need 2 decent CB either way

Sell/let go:
Tavernier
Goldson
Balogun
Barisic
Lundstram
Lammers
Cifuentes
Hagi
Jack
Wright
Dessers
Roofe
McLaughlin
Dowell
Davies
Cantwell
Yilmaz

Don’t know:
Danilo
Matondo
Lawrence
Cortes

Keep:
Butland
Sterling
McCrorie
Souttar
Raskin

Last edited:
Reality is we need quite a few new players and the cash is really only going to come from the two we most want to keep. Quite a few others I'd "happily" have in the squad but if teams are going to give is £1m or £2m for them we can hardly say no.

Keep Butland, Yilmaz, Souttar, Balogun, Sterling, Raskin, Cortes, McCausland, Danilo, Diomonde, McCrorie, Lowry

Realistically, quite a few of these players will be here next season.

Thankfully it seems some of our bigger earners will be away.

Always felt Glodson was better with a good player next to him, Balogun/Hellander. If a decent offer came in then i would say sell but we need to start somewhere and would rather have Goldson back up than Davies/Balogun (just cause of age and injuries). Defo need 2 decent CB either way
We're not keeping someone who's on the guts of 30k per week as back up

Butland, Sterling, Ridvan, Diomande, Cortes, Sima, Danillo I would keep. Means you still need to sign 5 guaranteed starters.

Dessers and Souttar I wouldn't be against staying as squad players, the rest of them I hope to never see in a Rangers shirt again.

I also now have concerns Clement is the man to do it, his selection for the last two games against them has been baffling. Lawrence today was shocking. Sterling had to play in midfield. The amount of space Mcagregor got was ridiculous.

Butland

Ridvan
Sterling

Diomande
Raskin

Cortes
Danilo

Beyond that i have no feelings

Some can willingly go - like lundstram,awrence

Some can stay with no issue like Davies, cantwell

Sterling and Butland. Tin hat on but unless we're getting our money back I don't mind having Dessers for the sqaud. As much as he infuriates me he has got what 21 goals? Good contribution. The rest happily see them all moved on.

To finance a rebuild we may need to lose the ones we want to keep - likes of big Jack, Yilmaz and maybe even Sterling if +£7m was offered. Outside of those three we don’t have many real sellable assets that we would make a profit on.

To finance a rebuild we may need to lose the ones we want to keep - likes of big Jack, Yilmaz and maybe even Sterling if +£7m was offered. Outside of those three we don’t have many real sellable assets that we would make a profit on.
Ability wise Yilmaz is good enough. However he is too injury prone. I would look to sell him as we will more than get our money back. We cannot have another season of losing half our team because of injuries.

Butland
Sterling
Yilmaz
Diomande
Cortes
Sima
Danilo

From the current squad, that’s all I’d want to keep and not necessarily as starters in some of their cases either.

Reality is we’ll keep a lot more than that though.

If Jefte is done and half decent, move Ridvan on. His injury record is a concern and would likely free up decent cash.

Same with Butland and also given his wage.

That might be the guts of £12m to £15m with Jefte signed and then just the need for a half decent keeper.

The rest of the cash could work wonders with the freeing up in wages from those out of contract and whatever we get for Lammers, Hagi, Cifuentes, Cantwell etc.

It's also a way to get Sima in. Cortes, Sima and Danilo is a fine front three for next season.

Why McCausland if you don’t mind me asking ? What has he ever done to merit his spot apart from being from the youth set-up and Nothern Irish ?
He's fine as a squad option. Would never have played as much but for long term injuries to others. As a fifth choice wide player he's the least of our concerns.

Problem is, who’s going to buy the players we want rid of? I think we’re in for a shock, most of these players are under contract so we literally need someone to buy them and take on their wages!

Every player has a price and I wouldn't be begging any OOC to stay.

If we don't have a massive clear out this summer then we'll be back here next season discussing the same issues.

We have rewarded failure for years now.

Back