Players Who Have Said No To Them.

Captain Gough

The thread on Taylor ‘liking’ an Insta post re our win got me thinking of Rangers minded players who have said no to joining Celtic. I believe the likes of mcgregor and Taylor grew up Bears but crossed over to the dark side.

Novo is perhaps one of the more popular ones. However, who else has said ‘No thanks’?

I think Petric was in talks and we were like "No way they are getting him" and gazumped them.

He looked a top class CB until we saw him in the Champions League!!
I remember at the time, Jim McInally crying to the papers "All he ever talked about was wanting to join Celtic.............."

Poor Jim.

Was a time around about walters second spell when every other player either us or them signed would be reported to be on boths radar. Probably mostly just lazy journalism and agent propoganda. I could be wrong but were we possibly linked with the bombscare that was glenn loovens? Dodged a bullet there if so although he did score an important goal for us

John Wark said in interview they tried to sign him but he said no chance, also said his family would have disowned him

Back