Players whose careers never got started with us due to injury

Optimus_Prime

Off the top of my head we have Prodan, Rozenthal, McLaren, Kuznetsov, Stensass, Thern, Wright (Stephen), Negri, Murphy…

quite a list so far and not cheap either, any others?

Rozenthal and Kuznetsov. Yes I was there at both. Kuznetsov should have been our best defender ever. Mind that pre season game against Kiev? I was there wow
Kuznetsov was a huge signing at the time and i still can’t believe we only saw a game and half before that injury at Perth.

We’ve had terrible luck over the years but how many players had underlying issues that were overlooked or completely missed? We’ll never know.

Off the top of my head we have Prodan, Rozenthal, McLaren, Kuznetsov, Stensass, Thern, Wright (Stephen), Negri, Murphy…

Negri never got started to the tune of 23 goals in his first 10 league games . . . . . :D

I think his case is more like Mols, of a Rangers career being derailed by injury.

Prodan, Rozenthal and Kuznetsov were the three big ones in my time. All came with stellar reputations and proved to be expensive flops purely because of an early injury.

McLaren didn’t have injury problems at the start of his career with us, he hit the ground running, his problems came later.

I understand that you haven’t understand him speak about it given his thick and severely retarded etiquette but he speaks about it every time we play them, as if we missed out on something…….
John Hartson.

I don’t know if he has ever spoken about it but apparently he was all set to sign for us until a scan showed a damaged knee.

As Sergei Baltacha memorably put it "Oleg always have bad knee"

The rumour was in his Dynamo Kyiv days he had a knee operation in East Germany that was horrendously botched.
Did he not leave Ibrox on crutches after the pre season friendly after Kiev beat us and in which he scored a great goal?

Mario Jardel. Would have been an amazing signing but turned up for his trial hiding a broken foot (iirc) so didn't impress.

It was work permit thay scuppered the Jardel signing. Archie Knox anecdote years later said he hadn’t looked good in a training session but that’s not what stopped the signing.

Back