Players you wanted to be a Success - but didn’t happen

Nuno Capucho - I used to see clips of him destroying full backs in Euro comps but once at us....clips can be deceiving.
Dragan Mladenovic - Never got started really

Gonna post before reading the thread and the first player that came to my mind when I read the thread title and I'm sure he's been mentioned by others big Seb Rozental for me!! Remember being so excited with his signing, the hype that went with it, that it was such a coup to get the next big thing out of South America!! Wanted him to succeed so much and lead us to big things before leaving a legend for mega money!!

Gabriel Amato. Sublimely talented and his arrow to the main stand after scoring against the mentally challengeds will live forever in the memory.
Had everything except pace!! Should have went to the very top and probably would have with electric pace!! One of my favourite players even now!! And totally agree, that celebration never be forgotten!! Probably my favourite celebration ever, definitely from a Rangers player, up there with Cantona's Vs Sunderland as my all time fave!!

Kusnetzov, thought he looked class in his first game v St mirren, hit the post with a 30 yrd shot, soviet international, thought “this guy is gonna be good” and then got Injured in his next game. Another who succumbed to the Rangers knee ligament curse. Hardly played again after that. Ended up being Mikilachenko’s taxi driver for 3 years.

Amato, Rozental, Beattie (Letter) and more recently I thought that lad King from Leicester would boss it up here but what do I know.

Barton
Nicky Clark
Jerome Rothen
Jonas Thern

Rothen, in particular was a disappointment. I'd seen him play a couple of times and he looked immense. Came to us too late perhaps.

Rozental because he was fucking magnificent for me as a ten year old playing Champ Man 97/98.

I'll try to do an XI - some of them had some degree of success, I know

Neimi
Aird
Katic*
McCrorie
Wallace**
Tugay***
S.Hughes
L.McLeod
Burke
D.Ferguson
Cummings

Honourable mention: Waghorn

*I know this one isn't in the books yet, but injury aside I just don't think Gerrard fancies him as a player and I have a bad feeling he isn't going to make it with us
** Wanted him to lift 55, hence inclusion here
*** Could have been a legend here if he stayed IMO

Back