Please arrive early for tonight's game

As ever, our crowd will react to what's going on in front of them. High press from kick off and an early goal and it'll be bouncing.

In a nutshell.

Crowd will be up at kick off, and a high intensity front-foot start with hopefully an early goal will get everyone going.

A slow tempo passing along the back line start similar to our games so far this season will kill any atmosphere, and that’s exactly what Union will try to ensure.

Did wonder about this after the deal made about malmo last year, hope I’m wrong but can’t see a special atmosphere tonight tbh

Is there a reason why the queues are always worse at the Copland side of the main stand/ club deck, than the Broomloan end?

Are they? I’m in MFM and have never had an issue getting in from around 7:30pm.
When I was in the front they were fine, sit in the rear now and you’d be forgiven thinking all of the rear descended on 30-31. No idea why it’s like that.

Generally scrape in just as the EL anthem starts.

As mentioned we need the team to start with the right attitude. However us as fans can at least get the place going to help them before the game.

Better teams than USG have been startled by the Ibrox atmosphere

Every single person going tonight has a part to play. Back the team, hound USG every touch of the ball.

It’s up to the team to deliver but we can play our part

Did wonder about this after the deal made about malmo last year, hope I’m wrong but can’t see a special atmosphere tonight tbh
I was trying to think back on this - did they end up turning the PA back on again?

Modern crowd are always nervy on nights like this, especially with so much at stake - hope this plays out the way we want.

Alashkert, Ufa, Brondby, Villarreal, Spartak Moscow etc were all very average atmospheres
Thought the crowd were outstanding against Villarreal once we realised we had a part to play in keeping the team going when down to 10 men. Also remember reading a Spanish journalist talking about the spectacular atmosphere.

The YouTube videos of the noise before the start of the Spartak Moscow game are pretty special too, but the type of game possibly didn't lead to it being one of the best overall.

Let's just enjoy a big occasion and do what we can, and not worry where it comes on the all-time list of nights at Ibrox.

Despite the atmosphere at the Leipzig game being amazing I don’t think the sound going off worked.

The theory and buzz of what it would be like great but the reality was quite odd, just didn’t click

It goes hand in hand. Gio and the players need to set the tone. We almost have nothing to lose given the score line, so it has to be pressing from the first whistle.

Not just having possession but a bit of a shoot on sight policy, and getting Colak or Alfie one on one with their keeper.

Can't see it being anywhere near as good as Leipzig, but no reason why it can't be good still.

It's down to us to get behind the team, we know how much Ibrox can play it's part on these nights.
Agreed but an early goal will see Govan/Copland/Main stand awaken

If I was UB, I’d be suggesting firing one of their capos over the stairs towards BF2 tonight. This games worth €5m, that could see us get another first team player - fans need to back the team

Despite the atmosphere at the Leipzig game being amazing I don’t think the sound going off worked.

The theory and buzz of what it would be like great but the reality was quite odd, just didn’t click
It got turned back on after 5 mins against Leipzig . I assumed uefa wanted more adverts. In a qualifier they prob won’t care and no Europa league/champions league music as teams walk out. I reckon it will be much better today

It got turned back on after 5 mins against Leipzig . I assumed uefa wanted more adverts. In a qualifier they prob won’t care and no Europa league/champions league music as teams walk out. I reckon it will be much better today
Fair enough if it was advert related, at the time i thought they had done it because it just fell a bit flat.

Agreed but an early goal will see Govan/Copland/Main stand awaken

If I was UB, I’d be suggesting firing one of their capos over the stairs towards BF2 tonight. This games worth €5m, that could see us get another first team player - fans need to back the team
Would love to see UB in a better position of the stadium permanently, one of the central sections behind the goals would be ideal.

I’m sure the UB etc will make a good noise, but I’d love them to skip Men Behind the Wire etc, nobody else joins in and it kills the atmosphere whilst being sung.

Can't see it being anywhere near as good as Leipzig, but no reason why it can't be good still.

It's down to us to get behind the team, we know how much Ibrox can play it's part on these nights.
Unless we end up back in another European semi final, there will never be an atmosphere to rival Leipzig IMO.

There’s absolutely no chance the atmosphere tonight against a bang average Belgian side who we’re 2-0 down to will rival it.

With that negative attitude what chance have the team got.

Hope you’ve not got a ticket and a supporter giving 100% backing does.
Everyone else praises the Ibrox European atmosphere apart from this odd wee clique who seem to get off on slagging our own support.

Will be the same guys blaming the crowd after a bad result, you can set your watch by them.

Don't think Leipzig needs to be the barometer for every european game at Ibrox now. Leipzig was a once in a while atmosphere that will be repeated again in the future but a normal european night at Ibrox under the lights can be great.

Don't make comparisons, enjoy the occasion and get right behind the team. 1st half goal and we'll smash them.

It goes hand in hand. Gio and the players need to set the tone. We almost have nothing to lose given the score line, so it has to be pressing from the first whistle.

Not just having possession but a bit of a shoot on sight policy, and getting Colak or Alfie one on one with their keeper.
100%.

Tbh this routine should be a given every European game. Early entrance, get the bloody PA off & let us bring the noise.

However, that must be matched by the players intensity on the park.

The team has shown us what they can do when we have Ibrox bouncing, it’s our job to back them from the warm up, they will replay us I’m sure!

Back