Please arrive early for tonight's game

Unless we end up back in another European semi final, there will never be an atmosphere to rival Leipzig IMO.

There’s absolutely no chance the atmosphere tonight against a bang average Belgian side who we’re 2-0 down to will rival it.
Nah I agree, Leipzig was a special night, probably the best of my lifetime. Even Braga and Red Star were very decent aswell.

The queue at the ticket office from 2.30pm onwards on a Saturday was a sight to behold, every single person clutching a smartcard, most from what I could hear claiming their smartcard wasn't working.

Rangers cannot win. There’s been shouts for the PA to be turned off on this board for ages. Rangers deliver and folk still complain. If the club have everyone a fiver on the way in some would greet it shakily have been £20. Let’s support our team as best we can and hopefully look forward to a difficult challenge in the next round.

Unless we end up back in another European semi final, there will never be an atmosphere to rival Leipzig IMO.

There’s absolutely no chance the atmosphere tonight against a bang average Belgian side who we’re 2-0 down to will rival it.
Sadly you’re correct

I didn’t think Parma would be beaten.

It took 23 years until it was finally beaten

Did wonder about this after the deal made about malmo last year, hope I’m wrong but can’t see a special atmosphere tonight tbh
Malmo was far from a bad atmosphere. Anyone who can’t get up for a game like this is strange but it can only really be a special atmosphere if the players play their part.

The queue at the ticket office from 2.30pm onwards on a Saturday was a sight to behold, every single person clutching a smartcard, most from what I could hear claiming their smartcard wasn't working.
At the spurs game my ticket went red when it scanned

had to to to ticket office and the wife said it had scanned ok and it should have worked

Ended up having to get a paper ticket worked fine on saturday though

Struggling to think of any "run of the mill euro games" in the last four seasons...
There's been plenty.

Our atmosphere can be great but it can be flat as well, particularly if the team are flat.

After the first 10 minutes our crowd are quite reactionary.

I was trying to think back on this - did they end up turning the PA back on again?

Modern crowd are always nervy on nights like this, especially with so much at stake - hope this plays out the way we want.
I was stuck on one of the queues outside the ground until after kick off vs malmo, the thing the MD assured us would be addressed only for it to happen again vs dortmund :mad:

With that negative attitude what chance have the team got.

Hope you’ve not got a ticket and a supporter giving 100% backing does.
I do give backing thankyouverymuch.

However I have been to Ibrox on many occasions where the crowd has just fizzled out, as I said… hope I’m wrong

Atmosphere at Ibrox is diabolical these days. Don’t understand why the crowd are so bloody reserved 95% of the time!!

With that negative attitude what chance have the team got.

Hope you’ve not got a ticket and a supporter giving 100% backing does.
Can't stand this negativity. Expect it from fans of rival teams against us but not to your own team.

I know it was a shit performance in Belgium. But anything is possible. Part of that is down to the 12th man. The rest is down to the team who have no choice but to put this to bed early.

We got to the Europa Final. Why the f**k can't we get through tonight.

Doesn't have to be a Leipzig, Kiev Etc to still be a great atmosphere and enough to put the frighteners on this mob, all in conjunction with the team playing aggressively and high tempo of course!

We must be the only fanbase who play down everything.

We literally rocked Europe with our atmosphere last season. We dragged the team all the way.

Tonight won't touch Leipzig because quite simply nothing will but it will still be a cauldron into which the Belgian team will have never stepped and within which they will fall.

Thread is a magnet for people with some kind of disorder in terms of how they view Rangers, Rangers fans and what Ibrox is.

The previous European match it was stated by all media in attendance the Ibrox crowd blew away the opposition with a relentless whirlwind.

That is also true on several matches last season.

Get the feeling most reading the thread are just laughing at the expected content from expected posters in their current guises.

Thread is a magnet for people with some kind of disorder in terms of how they view Rangers, Rangers fans and what Ibrox is.

The previous European match it was stated by all media in attendance the Ibrox crowd blew away the opposition with a relentless whirlwind.

That is also true on several matches last season.

Get the feeling most reading the thread are just laughing at the expected content from expected posters in their current guises.
There was some European nights last season the atmosphere was pretty flat though, that's the point folk are making. Lyon, Brondby and Sparta Prague weren't great if I remember right.

As ever, our crowd will react to what's going on in front of them. High press from kick off and an early goal and it'll be bouncing.
This^

No cautious play from kickoff. The team needs to be fired up and hunting their players down. Energy and enthusiasm from the players will go a long way to getting the fans going.

Are they? I’m in MFM and have never had an issue getting in from around 7:30pm.
I'm Sandy Jarvine / Govan front. I've been in the queue from before 7:20 and missed kick off for a couple of evening games. The times I missed the kick off they only had one turnstile open for some reason, but it happened quite a few times.

This "it wont be as good as Leipzig" patter has to stop and stop now. Nothing will ever touch it, we all know that.

It doesn't mean we stoat up to Ibrox tonight, hands in pockets, arses on seats and dont contribute to the atmosphere! We all have a job to do just as much as the XI on the pitch!

Lets get behind the lads from the first whistle to last.

Don't think Leipzig needs to be the barometer for every european game at Ibrox now. Leipzig was a once in a while atmosphere that will be repeated again in the future but a normal european night at Ibrox under the lights can be great.

Don't make comparisons, enjoy the occasion and get right behind the team. 1st half goal and we'll smash them.
100% This.

It's still a massive game for us, and enjoy for what it is. Create the atmosphere you want

Despite the atmosphere at the Leipzig game being amazing I don’t think the sound going off worked.

The theory and buzz of what it would be like great but the reality was quite odd, just didn’t click
Anything that keeps that announcer quiet is a good thing!

This is all well and good but we need to be able to access the ground on arrival rather than standing in ridiculous queues.

The announcer should play a major part in building up the atmosphere. If they want someone just to press a few buttons to air a few tunes or read out the team list, I'm sure many of the younger lads on here would fancy that gig.

Our announcer can't even be arsed changing the song repertoire or having a soundcheck before kick-off. The volume over the sound system on Saturday was so loud at times, there should've a chorus of 'the cry was more ear defenders.'

I'm all for announcers who participate, who seem enthusiastic, who listen to the fans. There has to be someone else who actually sounds as if he's glad to be there.

The announcer should play a major part in building up the atmosphere. If they want someone just to press a few buttons to air a few tunes or read out the team list, I'm sure many of the younger lads on here would fancy that gig.

Our announcer can't even be arsed changing the song repertoire or having a soundcheck before kick-off. The volume over the sound system on Saturday was so loud at times, there should've a chorus of 'the cry was more ear defenders.'

I'm all for announcers who participate, who seem enthusiastic, who listen to the fans. There has to be someone else who actually sounds as if he's glad to be there.
I don't think he has much say to be fair - club are lazy on this front.

Don't think Leipzig needs to be the barometer for every european game at Ibrox now. Leipzig was a once in a while atmosphere that will be repeated again in the future but a normal european night at Ibrox under the lights can be great.

Don't make comparisons, enjoy the occasion and get right behind the team. 1st half goal and we'll smash them.

Exactly this. There was a reason the likes of Parma and Kiev were/are revered decades later, because they were special occasions that don’t happen every day. Leipzig (and possibly a couple of others) joined that list last season but you’d be naive to expect the same every time given the difference in stakes.

We can still create a raucous atmosphere to unsettle the Belgians without it being the best any of us have ever heard.

Bawz.

I've got an Orthopaedics appointment for my ankle which I've waited months on and they couldn't change. If I get inside Ibrox for kick off then I'll be chuffed.

Will depend what time match commander allows turnstiles to be opened.
The Dortmund game last season was pandemonium due to a delay

Very very harsh. The guy is in his dream job and I’m not sure how much of a say he will have in the prematch playlist - that will be controlled by the club

Very very harsh. The guy is in his dream job and I’m not sure how much of a say he will have in the prematch playlist - that will be controlled by the club
I’m sure many announcers do more than play music pre match to get the crowd going. I want him to be more like a supporter with a microphone. I’m suggesting things could improve. As for songs, it’s a sad day when we can’t replace Carnival de Paris with a Rangers themed song.

Back