Points target before winter shutdown

Slobear

9 games 27 points up for grabs what do you think we will get/ need to go top for 2019?
Livi (H)
Hearts (A)
Sheep (H)
Dundee (A)
Hamilton(H)
Hibs (A)
St Johnstone (A)
Hibs (H)
Scum (H)
Think we will take 24 points with hibs away the wobble

It’s the old cliche but it is one game at a and make sure we get the 3 points. We are more than capable of winning those games but it is still a new and young team and there will probably be more slip ups on the way

The target is obviously 27.

What the real question is, is what is acceptable. I'd say 22, provided none of the dropped points are against Celtic.

Target should be 27, if we get 24 then we go into the winter break on top of the league IMO regardless of the result against them.

20 points before we play the scum

Likewise. I see a couple of draws in that run and most likely away to Hibs + St Johnstone. If they get a maximum (haven't checked their run), we'll be 6pts behind with them coming to Ibrox. Win that and I'll take being 3pts behind going into the Winter break.

One of these threads a day, when it should be 1 game at a time.

Let’s just cut all this out, cut to the chase, points total we need to win the league :rolleyes:

That should keep youse busy. :D
I hate threads like this, one game at a time.
3 points next game.....

Hamilton (a)
Motherwell (a)
Kilmarnock (h)
Hibs (a)
Motherwell (h)
Dundee(h)
Mutton molestors(a)

Then they play us at Ibrox

Max 24 points they could get

Take out our game max 21 points

They actually have a few difficult games

Hibs and motherwell away an sheep killie at home

Say for talking sake they drop 4 points(17of 21) and then we take (21 of 24) then game against the becomes massive we could easily go into winter break 4 points ahead all be it a they have a game in hand

If we could get more out keeps pressure on them massively December's huge for us if we want to win league this year

20 points for me

Livi (H) Win
Hearts (A) Loss
Sheep (H) Win
Dundee (A) Win
Hamilton(H) Win
Hibs (A) Draw
St Johnstone (A) Win
Hibs (H) Win
Scum (H) Draw

We done this before the Dundee game on 15th September through to the Livingston game (9games) and everyone was saying 27 points as it should have been but there will always be slip ups. Better to be realistic so your expectations aren’t to high. I’d take the 20 points as predicted right now I think because it could be worse.

21 I reckon. Considering that fixture list along with the Euro games it would be a good return.

December is a massive month

20 points for me

Livi (H) Win
Hearts (A) Loss
Sheep (H) Win
Dundee (A) Win
Hamilton(H) Win
Hibs (A) Draw
St Johnstone (A) Win
Hibs (H) Win
Scum (H) Draw

We done this before the Dundee game on 15th September through to the Livingston game (9games) and everyone was saying 27 points as it should have been but there will always be slip ups. Better to be realistic so your expectations aren’t to high. I’d take the 20 points as predicted right now I think because it could be worse.
Change the Hearts into a win and that’s what I think we’ll do.

I don't know about how many points, but if we go into the break level with them I'll be very pleased. That gives us a chance to strengthen our midfield which is not good enough IMO. If Davis is still up to it he may well be the lynchpin we need to win the league.

Another midfielder (attacking midfielder), a striker, and a LB (since we are not going to use LW) would be nice.

Likewise. I see a couple of draws in that run and most likely away to Hibs + St Johnstone. If they get a maximum (haven't checked their run), we'll be 6pts behind with them coming to Ibrox. Win that and I'll take being 3pts behind going into the Winter break.
We wouldn't be actually as we'd have a game in hand as they got a game moved to Jan.

We'd be 3 points behind going into the new year game if they get maximum points up to then. They won't though they'd draw at least one so could be even tighter.

I'd agree that 20+ points from the 8 games in the lead up would be good and set us up nicely for a challenge.

We'd have 44 points in that case which is 2.2 points a game and is a reasonable title challenge position. Actually just over what Celtic achieved last season and they are 6 points worse off now than they were at this point last season.

We wouldn't be actually as we'd have a game in hand as they got a game moved to Jan.

We'd be 3 points behind going into the new year game if they get maximum points up to then. They won't though they'd draw at least one so could be even tighter.

I'd agree that 20+ points from the 8 games in the lead up would be good and set us up nicely for a challenge.

We'd have 44 points in that case which is 2.2 points a game and is a reasonable title challenge position. Actually just over what Celtic achieved last season and they are 6 points worse off now than they were at this point last season.

Great, even better - as I mentioned, I hadn't checked their run of fixtures.

Looking at them now, they've got Motherwell, Hibs and Aberdeen away which might be tricky as well as Kilmarnock at home. Possibilities for dropped points.

A huge month.

21 would be acceptable for me. I can’t see the tims getting much more than that either.

Last edited:
With Hearts and Hibs dropping form that set of games right up to the scum at Ibrox is a fantastic opportunity for us. I see no reason why we cannot win all of them right up to the game at Ibrox.

I want 27 obviously but I don't think we'll get above 20 tbh. We'll end up with some where in the high teens IMO.

20 points for me

Livi (H) Win
Hearts (A) Loss
Sheep (H) Win
Dundee (A) Win
Hamilton(H) Win
Hibs (A) Draw
St Johnstone (A) Win
Hibs (H) Win
Scum (H) Draw

Why don’t you just not bother with such an exercise?
Three points next game is the target.
The only real target is to be one ahead of the team in second come 1/6/19.

We could get 27 points, but hearts away, hibs away and scum home are all difficult fixtures and the only ones i see potential dropped points. Drawing 2 would be disappointing but i would take it.

Anything less than 22 including avoiding defeat v the Scum and I doubt we will be top going into the break. As it is, have a gut feeling we will beat them at Ibrox.

Stay on the filths coat tails until the 29th of December so we have a chance to beat them and go top.

Points required for that will depend on their form as well but that has to be the aim.

Also worth remembering that they have a game in hand to be played just after the winter break so I think we really need to be ahead of them going into that break if we want to see any sort of challenge.

If we are looking to challenge for the title this season we need to pick up on average between 2.2 - 2.4 points per game.

After 21 games, We would need to be on a minimum of 46 points.

That's picking up 22 points, which should be feasible with adequate rotation and sorting out our silly defensive lapses.

Given our relatively poor start; Draws at Motherwell and Aberdeen which lost points from winning positions in the last minute, a draw with Kilmarnock at home and losing away to Livingston, we need to pick up the slack in this set of fixtures.

Livingston do not travel well, Hearts have had the spine of their team ripped out but might still put up a decent fight, we owe dolly an absolute hammering, Dundee are useless everywhere, Hamilton will put up an fight but I think we should have them covered with quality differences.

The last four on the list are a bit of an issue in my opinipon. St.Johnstone in Perth are going to be a nightmare to break down and will put up an almighty fight (both figuratively and literally). Hibs are going to be up for their Cup Finals and the Child Molesters are going to turn up for a game.

Toughest games on paper are the two trips to Edinburgh but other teams are going there and winning so why can't we? We will pro ably drop points some where in that run of games, possibly a game we didn't expect we would. I also think the teams above us will drop points upto Xmas so who knows, we could be top of the league the time we play the mentally challengeds.

statistically speaking, we have gained on average 2 points per game in the 12 games so far and are there or there abouts. If we improve that slightly, and not get beaten by the scum, we will be there or there abouts.

I'd say 21 points would be a good achievement, provided we dont get beaten by them. If we draw, and given 21 points, that would give us 20/24 which I think would be a very good return and would probably see us close to the top of the league, if not there.

If we are looking to challenge for the title this season we need to pick up on average between 2.2 - 2.4 points per game.

After 21 games, We would need to be on a minimum of 46 points.

That's picking up 22 points, which should be feasible with adequate rotation and sorting out our silly defensive lapses.

Given our relatively poor start; Draws at Motherwell and Aberdeen which lost points from winning positions in the last minute, a draw with Kilmarnock at home and losing away to Livingston, we need to pick up the slack in this set of fixtures.

Livingston do not travel well, Hearts have had the spine of their team ripped out but might still put up a decent fight, we owe dolly an absolute hammering, Dundee are useless everywhere, Hamilton will put up an fight but I think we should have them covered with quality differences.

The last four on the list are a bit of an issue in my opinipon. St.Johnstone in Perth are going to be a nightmare to break down and will put up an almighty fight (both figuratively and literally). Hibs are going to be up for their Cup Finals and the Child Molesters are going to turn up for a game.
With Hearts and Hibs dropping form that set of games right up to the scum at Ibrox is a fantastic opportunity for us. I see no reason why we cannot win all of them right up to the game at Ibrox.
Have u been watching us? Take away the Motherwell game where can u see us winning 9 games out of 9 in the league with 2 European games aswell! No chance! Hope al wrong but

The target has to be 27 points and if the players put in performances they are capable of and we get a bit of luck on our way then it is a realistic target.

There are some tough games in there but you would fancy our chances against anyone at Ibrox.

Hearts are missing quite a few important players and have wobbled a bit so we have a good chance of getting full points there. Likewise Hibs are struggling at the moment but may find some form before we play them.

I'm confident we can score goals against anyone in the league and we seem to struggle more against teams who set up to defend and we aren't able to break them down. I think McAuley will get a lot of game time in the coming weeks and will really help our defence with his experience and talking during games.

23 points should realistically be a target, as long as we weren't to lose. I believe a draw would be acceptable, but we should 100% be going in to it looking for the win to go top of the league and swing the momentum. I see it as follows:

Livi (H) - W
Hearts (A) -W
Sheep (H) -W
Dundee (A) W
Hamilton(H) - W
Hibs (A) - D
St Johnstone (A) - W
Hibs (H) - W
Scum (H) - D

9 games 27 points up for grabs what do you think we will get/ need to go top for 2019?
Livi (H)
Hearts (A)
Sheep (H)
Dundee (A)
Hamilton(H)
Hibs (A)
St Johnstone (A)
Hibs (H)
Scum (H)
Think we will take 24 points with hibs away the wobble
Max 2 points behind them

Them aw....surely that's the target ! :mad: